Lo-fi/hi-fi

Frankie811

I was just wondering. Does everyone here understand that there are two (2) format's for viewing Urban Planet? One is a so called lo-fi version, the other the hi-fi (?) version. I noticed that some members have problems viewing photos & links and was wondering if this was the problem. At the very bottom of your screen you can choose which version you want. I was on this board's lo-version for a year before I realized that there was another selection to chooose from.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on this board lo-version for a year before I realized that there was another selection to chooose from.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl:

For some reason, Google links to us in Low-Fi, so perhaps there are a lot of people who don't realize this.

I think links and photos should translate OK though.

:rofl:

For some reason, Google links to us in Low-Fi, so perhaps there are a lot of people who don't realize this.

I think links and photos should translate OK though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From my knowledge, they do show it in low-fi, that's how I first found the site, and all the pictures and links showed up fine.

From my knowledge, they do show it in low-fi, that's how I first found the site, and all the pictures and links showed up fine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just took a look a several threads in Low Res mode, all look ok to me. Everyones pix show up fine.

The lo-fi version of the forum was developed for those people who view the forum on their PDAs. I'm not sure why google links to the lo-fi version as opposed to the normal version. There should be no difference in the content between the two versions. I've never had any problems getting the pictures and links to show up in the lo-fi version.

I find the Low-Fi version quite useful for accessing some of Urban Planet's subforums (like Charlotte, Atlanta or Metro Detroit). They all show up in the low-fi version.

PS: I could never figure out how to post on the Low-fi version.

Apparently you can't post in the lo-fi version. I always thought you could, but I guess not.

Now I am subscribed to some of the subforums' RSS feeds. That way I can keep tabs on some of the forums without having to check them constantly.

HAHA. A WHOLE YEAR!? Funny. Sometimes when I'm seaching for anythong on google and it shows UP on the results it brings me to Lo Fi as well. Most people and guests must be look at the lo fi version then. Becuase the search results are by most viewed right?

the SEs show the Lo-Fi version because the Lo-Fi is much more optimized and cleaner for the search engines to go for. Much more anchor text and less pictures and forms and buttons.

The better forums software have features like this, for example in vbulletin its called the archive. In phpbb there is nothing of the sort, phpbb, well sucks.

Archived