Tampa pulled into Gay-Pride controversy

bobliocatt

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronda really knows how to stir the pot, doesn't she? I guess all those Brandon and Valrico residents like this type of controversy, because they keep electing her.

That's ronda storms - little r, little s.  :wacko:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's another problem with the county. There are too many closed minded rednecks and Baptists. Sometimes I feel like I live in Kenucky.

Its hard to believe that a county as populated as Hillsborough could be this homophobic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe Rhonda is such a beotch because beaause she had to struggle getting through college. She has a lot of anger and it's not totally towards gays. Not to be immature, she wears too much lipstick and looks like a drag queen. Plus she has BIG HAIR. Rhonda needs to get a dildo!

Maybe Rhonda is such a beotch because beaause she had to struggle getting through college.  She has a lot of anger and it's not totally towards gays.  Not to be immature, she wears too much lipstick and looks like a drag queen.  Plus she has BIG HAIR.  Rhonda needs to get a dildo!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not immature at all just speaking the truth. I said the gay community needs to form a protest and march in front of her house with gay pride flags and displays etc. She said she didn't want to have to explain it to her children, well explain that. Freedom of speech, freedom of demonstration... it's all legal. Make her life a living hell and run her out of office.

Not immature at all just speaking the truth.  I said the gay community needs to form a protest and march in front of her house with gay pride flags and displays etc.  She said she didn't want to have to explain it to her children, well explain that.  Freedom of speech, freedom of demonstration... it's all legal.  Make her life a living hell and run her out of office.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I suppose that these sorts of tactics are fairplay in a democracy. But I'm here to tell you that the next time TV introduces a gay-based makeover show, I'm forming a torch-wielding mob of my own.

Ok this article is stupid i mean ok gay pride displays were removed from a library one why does a library need gay pride displays :wacko: and yes there is some discrimination in it but if a straight pride display was put up in a library im sure it wouldnt last long either point is its a library why would u need a display on sexual oreantation if a gay wants to put up some gay pride things at theyre home or something. I think this is just something to stir contreversy i mean people dont need to know what sexual preference somebody has in a public place like a library yes it is freedom of speech bla bla bla but still cmon imagine it if a straight person would put up a straight display in a gay community the straight person would be labeled a homo-phobe and put on the news as a hater but isnt it freedom of speech? is it harming anyone no? point is this is just for contreversy and that the whole sexual oreantation crap has got to stop who cares it doesnt make u anymore special whether ur gay or straight!!! get on with ur lives!!

^ Straight pride is everywhere. In the Florida Law that prohibits same sex couples from adopting, it's in the Right Wing agenda to outlaw same sex marriage, and it's in the constant tyrade of TV shows/commercials focused solely on couples and the problems they have with their children. As far as I'm concerned, it's a Straight World and I'm just a squirrel...

^ Straight pride is everywhere. In the Florida Law that prohibits same sex couples from adopting, it's in the Right Wing agenda to outlaw same sex marriage, and it's in the constant tyrade of TV shows/commercials focused solely on couples and the problems they have with their children. As far as I'm concerned, it's a Straight World and I'm just a squirrel...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And gay people arent on many tv/commercials shows? :blink: and the only right i believe gay people shouldnt have is adopting kids can u imagine what that kid would go through in school being called the f*g cause thier parents are gay and possibly being picked on depending on the circumstances. There is a reason for no adoption for gays but marraige whatever that wont really affect anyone that badely i mean its a legal marriage i doubt religions will accept gay marriages but otherwise its fine i guess some people really want to get married i guess.

And gay people arent on many tv/commercials shows?  :blink: and the only right i believe gay people shouldnt have is adopting kids can u imagine what that kid would go through in school being called the f*g cause thier parents are gay and possibly being picked on depending on the circumstances. There is a reason for no adoption for gays but marraige whatever that wont really affect anyone that badely i mean its a legal marriage i doubt religions will accept gay marriages but otherwise its fine i guess some people really want to get married i guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your argument is both baseless and uneducated. For the sake of civility, that's all I'll write about it. :angry:

• 1 month later...

And gay people arent on many tv/commercials shows?  :blink: and the only right i believe gay people shouldnt have is adopting kids can u imagine what that kid would go through in school being called the f*g cause thier parents are gay and possibly being picked on depending on the circumstances. There is a reason for no adoption for gays but marraige whatever that wont really affect anyone that badely i mean its a legal marriage i doubt religions will accept gay marriages but otherwise its fine i guess some people really want to get married i guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm so happy I don't live in Tampa or Hillsborough County. This just proves that it is an uneducated redneck white trash county.

The only good thing about Tampa is that it is close to St. Pete.

I'm so happy I don't live in Tampa or Hillsborough County. This just proves that it is an uneducated redneck white trash county.

The only good thing about Tampa is that it is close to St. Pete.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not Tampa that doesn't support it, the mayor agrees with the gay pride people. It is Hillsborough county, who would rather keep the county more 'redneck" like.

Look, this one's pretty simple, okay?

Ronda Storms = Katherine Harris.

Or at least, that what she hopes. Without the 2000 fiasco as a springboard, Harris today would be sitting on a council in Sarasota being as big a beotch as Storms is here in Hillsborough. Storms knows this, and she is jealous. But there are numerous ways beyond getting your boss's brother elected president that you can make a name for yourself in the GOP political heirarchy, and gay-baiting is one of the most popular.

I don't know exactly where Storms lives, but i believe she is in Tom Lee's state senate district--and wih Lee bidding for statewide office in 2006... well, you get the picture. In a GOP primary, Storms will be able to crow about how she saved Tampa from the Rainbow Menace.

Oh, and before you go casting aspersions on the million people who live in Hillsborough County (uneducated redneck white trash) maybe you could fix the way Pinellas County and St. Pete treat their African-American populations.

Cast the first stone and all that. Every county in the state is buggered by at least one--and often several, if not all (Clay County)--incompetent wheezing gasbag among their politicians. Storms is one of the gassiest.

Similar firestorms have happend, and subsided, here in "family friendly" Orlando. We were threatened by Pat Robertson with "Hurricanes, wild fires, PLAGUE!!!" when our downtown tried to show unity & tollerance with simple little Rainbow flags. We're annually lambasted every June by self-righteous extremists protesting outside, of all places, the Orange County Convention Center during Gay Days. And more recently, when two words were added to Orlando City anti-discrimination laws, "Sexual Orientation", more threats of hellfire and damnation were thrown at us by people claiming to be good "Christians". In the end, the flags flew, Gay Days is one of the area's biggest moneymakers, and the words were added to the anti-discrimination laws. Yet, Orlando is still on the map...

The point is, this is all about politics and which "hot-topic" the Politicians can use to try and "sway" the uneducated masses; who, unfortunately, seem to be the only people who use their right to VOTE. Therfore, unless the opposition to the Right Wing begins organizing and voting the extremists out of office, the mudslinging and stone throwing will continue. Especially if a Politician thinks that sort of rhetoric will get them in office...2004 Anyone???

I've read Pat Robertson's comments in the past with a combination of amusement and disbelief. Amusement because he comes up with the craziest s**t, and disbelief because he actually believes what he's saying. :wacko:

However, after his latest comments on assassinating Chavez down in Venezuela, he's becoming more than a little scary and dangerous. Many people follow his words very closely, and advocating murder of a foreign official just doesn't seem very Christ-like to me.

It's not Tampa that doesn't support it, the mayor agrees with the gay pride people. It is Hillsborough county, who would rather keep the county more 'redneck" like.
How is opposition to "gay pride" events "redneck"? I do not believe that such things should be sanctioned by government and I can assure you I am no redneck. I think that people should keep their sexual matters private and not force them on everyone else. When I was single I wasnt going around having parades about my rampant heterosexuality.

Katherine Harris.

Or at least, that what she hopes. Without the 2000 fiasco as a springboard, Harris today would be sitting on a council in Sarasota being as big a beotch as Storms is here in Hillsborough. Storms knows this, and she is jealous. But there are numerous ways beyond getting your boss's brother elected president that you can make a name for yourself in the GOP political heirarchy, and gay-baiting is one of the most popular.

Regarding Harris and the election of 2000, this is utterly untrue and repeating it ad nauseum doesnt make it so. Based on every single recount done by the State, the counties and even the media (who counted every single vote whether or not the voter was competent enough to pierce a sheet of cardboard with a metal object) Bush beat Gore in Florida in 2000. When will we stop hearing this nonsense??

How is opposition to "gay pride" events "redneck"?  I do not believe that such things should be sanctioned by government and I can assure you I am no redneck.  I think that people should keep their sexual matters private and not force them on everyone else.  When I was single I wasnt going around having parades about my rampant heterosexuality.

Regarding Harris and the election of 2000, this is utterly untrue and repeating it ad nauseum doesnt make it so.  Based on every single recount done by the State, the counties and even the media (who counted every single vote whether or not the voter was competent enough to pierce a sheet of cardboard with a metal object) Bush beat Gore in Florida in 2000.  When will we stop hearing this nonsense??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you, I was just mocking him.

Oh, well. Everyone needs a bogeyman, a focus for their anger.

I suppose Pat Robertson fits the bill as well as many.

Dale, I think I said words like "amused" and "disbelief," and I can't quite see how thinking Robertson's comments on assassinating an elected official are "scary" makes me angry.

Seems to me those publicly advocating assassination have the anger issues...

Archived