Wolverine World Wide/Patagonia

GRDadof3

"Patagonia, WWW Form Footwear Agreement"

mibiz

http://www.mibiz.com/absolutenm/templates/...=6632&zoneid=70

Add this to their ever expanding selection of Merrills and their joint venture with Harley Davidson to market boots a few years ago, and Wolverine is a company to watch.

When are they going to move downtown from the booneys in Rockford :P

Just a treasure trove of good stuff today B)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Patagonia, WWW Form Footwear Agreement"

mibiz

http://www.mibiz.com/absolutenm/templates/...=6632&zoneid=70

Add this to their ever expanding selection of Merrills and their joint venture with Harley Davidson to market boots a few years ago, and Wolverine is a company to watch.

When are they going to move downtown from the booneys in Rockford :P

Just a treasure trove of good stuff today B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont think we will ever see them move.

I dont think we will ever see them move.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe not the whole company, but I could see Product Development, Marketing, and Purchasing setting up shop downtown. Those departments thrive in a flexible, exciting environment. Especially if they are bringing in designers, buyers, and major clients in to town for meetings. I would think it would go over much better to have people meet downtown and take clients out downtown then to Sams Joint in Rockford.

The same could be said for Meijer, Spartan Stores, Steelcase, Foremost Insurance, Smiths Aerospace, X-Rite, Gordon Foods, Universal Forest Products, Alticor and all of the other corporate HQ's around town. Hint, hint :whistling:

They have been for over a decade.  Few companies in the wolrd are as solid as WWW.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would agree with that statement :) I've worked as a consultant out there numerous times in my previous job, and it is not only a solid company, but a GREAT company to work for.

As for moving, I don't know, their campus/building is HUGE out in rockford, and last time I was there, there was a lot of open "real estate" inside the building that hadn't been used up yet. Although, i do agree that the creative types I would think thrive better in an urban environment. Hell, i'm not creative and I'd LOVE to move my job downtown :rofl:

I bought a handfull of shares in WWW about 8 years ago. Let's just say, they've been keeping me happy! ;) Great product diversity, uncompromised quality, and some large military contracts continue to balloon their profits.

(...I wish I could say the same about my stock in Delphi! :blink:)

Archived