Local High-Tech Company on the Move

GRDadof3

1) Walmart decides to build a new building.

2) Walmart asks for quotes.

3) Local contractor bids for job. Does it correctly and adds escalators in bid to account for rising material prices that will occur over the course of the project.

4) Walmart awards bid to local contractor.

5) Price increases occur, and per the written bid the contractor exercises the escalators in the contract.

6) Wal-Mart refuses to honor the escalators

7) Contractor has to go to court to force Walmart to honor agreement

8) Walmart, having a lot of money to pay lawyers, draws out the legal procedings and holds up payments to the contractor in the meantime.

9) Contractor wins case, but suffers financially. If the contractor is small, they usually end up bankrupt.

I don't like Walmart...

Did you work on the same Wal-Mart project that I worked on. In my case it was:

1)Wal-Mart delayed the project for 3 months

2)Wal-Mart kept the end date the same

3)Wal-Mart would not give us additional money to work overtime to complete in the revised time frame

4)Lawyers get involved

5)Fortunately the company that I worked for had as many lawyers as Wal-Mart

6)We still lost money.

Enough about Wal-Mart. I hope the developers do not throw up another strip mall no matter how fancy it is.

What about a new Super Target???

Worlds Largest Chucky Cheese?

Indoor Water Park??

Outlet Mall??

I am just speculating

• 1 year later...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that this hasn't been mentioned. X-Rite bought Pantone. For those not in the design world (or any other industry dealing with color), Pantone is such an iconic brand, it is quite amazing news.

X-Rite is definitely making a lot of right moves. I just hope they eventually bring the Pantone division to GR.

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2007/08/xrit...ne_for_180.html

Joe

I noticed that this hasn't been mentioned. X-Rite bought Pantone. For those not in the design world (or any other industry dealing with color), Pantone is such an iconic brand, it is quite amazing news.

X-Rite is definitely making a lot of right moves. I just hope they eventually bring the Pantone division to GR.

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2007/08/xrit...ne_for_180.html

Joe

Archived