Convention Center in Concord

Raintree21

In news directly relating to the Embassy Suites, they're going to expand the amount of hotel rooms by adding 120-150 additional suites which is a little less than 50% additional space. Construction is going to start on this addition in Q2 of 2008. They're also adding 30k of meeting space and 2k of additional spa space to the expansion.

It is amazing that this area warrants so much hotel space. A Residence Inn and Hilton are also planned for this immediate area along with this Embassy Suites expansion, and of course the Great Wolf lodge that is likely to be located here as well. Perhaps it is time for the city to consider extending Weddington Rd. though that would simply create a bottleneck on two lane Morehead Rd.

I have created a map to show the placement (I believe I got the placement of the proposed hotels correct) including the existing Embassy Suites which will be undergoing expansion in a few months and a continuation of Weddington Rd.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived