Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arkansas_buff

Photos Heifer International

I'd like to see some recent construction photos of Heifer's Green Building next to the Clinton Library in LR.  Anyone have any?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went by there today. The building has been topped out and they are putting on the glass. Also, the federal courthouse expansion is comming along. Didn't take any pictures, too much ozone. I was in too much of a hurry to get out of town.

I went by there today. The building has been topped out and they are putting on the glass. Also, the federal courthouse expansion is comming along. Didn't take any pictures, too much ozone. I was in too much of a hurry to get out of town.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll be heading through LR tomorrow on my way to OBU in Arkadelphia. Thanks though. If anyone else has some photos, I'd like to see them.

Well after being around Pine Bluff for almost a week I'm back. I would have liked to take a look around Little Rock on the way back to Fayetteville. But I spent all my time helping family move. That and it they were predicting near 100 temps. I'll go back sometime when it's cooler.

I didn't get photos! So sorry.

The camera wasn't fully charged.

But it was insanely crowded downtown, with the huge farmers market and other vendors. I loved it.

I also saw white revolution protesters, and lots of latinos. It was a beautiful day in the city.

They had some coverage of LULAC here in northwest Arkansas. I believe I heard about some of the protests that happened later on during the convention.

Will the zoo and park open as well with the Headquarters?

If you are talking about the world village, no. They still have to raise the money for this part.

If you are talking about the world village, no. They still have to raise the money for this part.

Ah, I was wondering about that. That could take an additonal year or two for that to happen.

I'd forgotten about this thread. Anyone want me to post the few pics I've taken on the construction zone? I'd just been putting them into the Little Rock projects topic.

I'd forgotten about this thread. Anyone want me to post the few pics I've taken on the construction zone? I'd just been putting them into the Little Rock projects topic.

Sure, I'd like to see some Construction photos.

It looks like it's coming along quite nicely.

Are these the pics you took recently?

The daytime pics were ones I took just before Thanksgiving. The night pic was taken just before Christmas.

It's a shame you don't have any day pics from Christmas Time, we could compare construction progress.

I do you just can't see much because it's night. :D

The Heifer Project had its ribbon cutting today. Twohundred plus employees moved in today.

Thanks for the update skirby. :D

The Heifer Project had its ribbon cutting today. Twohundred plus employees moved in today.

I heard about that in the news, I think it was 218 employees that made the move.

Here are some renderings of Heifer International's Global Village. It will be part of the part of the Heifer development along with an Education Building.

View of the complete project.

gv1aerialzoom6rq.gif

Two different villages in the project.

gv2indonesiazoom6os.gif

gv4sketchzoom6iq.gif

Impressive!

Yes it is quite a sexy building, and a nice compliment to the Clinton Center.

Next, when the heck is some developer going to wake up and realize that those warehouses south of the Clinton Center and Heifer are a fricking goldmine.

Yes it is quite a sexy building, and a nice compliment to the Clinton Center.

Next, when the heck is some developer going to wake up and realize that those warehouses south of the Clinton Center and Heifer are a fricking goldmine.

Judging by the changing prices on these properties, I think people are well aware of this.