Photos Heifer International

Judging by the changing prices on these properties, I think people are well aware of this.

I see alot of people trying to sell in the area but not alot of buyers. A good example is the vacant block south of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette property. Have the nonprofits in the area made the area too rich for those who must rely on profit to build?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see alot of people trying to sell in the area but not alot of buyers. A good example is the vacant block south of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette property. Have the nonprofits in the area made the area too rich for those who must rely on profit to build?

The asking prices have increased substantially but there's not much turnover. This same kind of escalation in property values adjacent to major projects stalled a lot of the River Market's development though in a couple of cases it held off development until major projects like the Moses-Tucker developments came along.

The asking prices have increased substantially but there's not much turnover. This same kind of escalation in property values adjacent to major projects stalled a lot of the River Market's development though in a couple of cases it held off development until major projects like the Moses-Tucker developments came along.

It will take folks with a bit more jingle in their pockets to fully utilize those properties, is that what you're saying?

Given that the Clinton Center is internationally known, and Heifer, well "International", is also widely known, I'm just surprised a big gun has not yet set up shop and started swinging the wrecking ball.

Its not like either building is a going concern that may go bankrupt and leave an empty hull of a building. Those suckers are permanent, and one is basically a national monument.

I guess I'm going to have to pick up the red phone and talk to Mr. Trump. :whistling:

• 6 months later...

That is too bad, but probably sound thinking. They still have the Perryville site. I'd prefer that Heifer wait to do the Global Village until the can do it right, no cutbacks. I hope that they don't cutback on the Education Building as that should help facilitate the Heifer mission.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Went by Heifer yesterday and took these.

The backside:

p1040044wb1.jpg

p1040045gg4.jpg

The front side:

p1040048ri2.jpg

I have a complaint about the Heifer site. They have expanded their parking lot and when the Education Center is open more parking will be needed. There will be a circle driveway in front of the HQ and the new building. I question why they didn't incorporate the trolley into their design plans. They could have built a trolley stop at their front door as the trolley circled back to 3rd and then stopped for the Clinton Library. This would have taken very little additional track while providing front door access. As it is the trolley stop for Heifer and the Clinton Library is used very little.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived