Dickey-Stephens Park

Should a new stadium be constructed in War Memorial Park or by the Broadyway Bridge in North Little Rock's downtown?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should a new stadium be constructed in War Memorial Park or by the Broadyway Bridge in North Little Rock's downtown?

• Downtown (NLR)
    • Midtown (LR)

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey nice work skirby! :D

I don't recall seeing this mentioned over here, but maybe I missed it. I saw this mentioned over in the NWA forum. What's this about the Travelers having North Little Rock on the jerseys? That and what do you guys think of that?

Hey nice work skirby! :D

I don't recall seeing this mentioned over here, but maybe I missed it. I saw this mentioned over in the NWA forum. What's this about the Travelers having North Little Rock on the jerseys? That and what do you guys think of that?

Apparently they will have occasional road jerseys with North Little Rock across them. Earlier they were supposed to have the letters NLR on a sleeve or something with Arkansas across the chest, which is fine.

Apparently they will have occasional road jerseys with North Little Rock across them. Earlier they were supposed to have the letters NLR on a sleeve or something with Arkansas across the chest, which is fine.

Ah, I see. So only occasionally when they're on the road. Seems a bit odd but at least they're not doing it all the time. I had wondered if they could seriously be considering trying to drop the Arkansas off their name. I'm also curious to see if Springdale does get the Wranglers what they'll call them and if they'll just use the name Arkansas as well or something else.

Ah, I see. So only occasionally when they're on the road. Seems a bit odd but at least they're not doing it all the time. I had wondered if they could seriously be considering trying to drop the Arkansas off their name. I'm also curious to see if Springdale does get the Wranglers what they'll call them and if they'll just use the name Arkansas as well or something else.

I bet they use Springdale. Their community investment in the project is pretty high and there's no tradition to dictate it. That will also give them a great sense of community pride.

The Arkansas Travelers have been named that since 1961, though the franchise dates to 1901.

I think a little bit of this is a slap at Little Rock city government. Bill Valentine needs to tread very lightly with that as he needs plenty of Little Rock butts to fill those seats.

I bet they use Springdale. Their community investment in the project is pretty high and there's no tradition to dictate it. That will also give them a great sense of community pride.

The Arkansas Travelers have been named that since 1961, though the franchise dates to 1901.

I think a little bit of this is a slap at Little Rock city government. Bill Valentine needs to tread very lightly with that as he needs plenty of Little Rock butts to fill those seats.

Yeah that and you may not want to alienate other fans outside Little Rock and North Little Rock as well. I'm wondering if Springdale will use their name. I do see your point but I had wondered if they might try a different name to try to appear more regional. But it would be a good chance at them to get their name out there. Outside of Arkansas I'm sure more people aren't familiar with Springdale at all.

Yeah that and you may not want to alienate other fans outside Little Rock and North Little Rock as well. I'm wondering if Springdale will use their name. I do see your point but I had wondered if they might try a different name to try to appear more regional. But it would be a good chance at them to get their name out there. Outside of Arkansas I'm sure more people aren't familiar with Springdale at all.

I think people in Central Arkansas pretty much relate to LR enough that calling the team "Little Rock" would've been OK when it's here. I think there's way more bad blood between the cities up there than in Central Arkansas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone think they will end things with the Angels anytime in the near future?

As Aporkalypse stated earlier, they just signed a 2 year extension with the Angels organization. Bill Valentine seems to be happy with the arrangement the Travs have with the Angels, so I don't see the relationship ending any time soon. Especially on the Angels part since their AA affiliate will be playing in a brand new stadium.

As Aporkalypse stated earlier, they just signed a 2 year extension with the Angels organization. Bill Valentine seems to be happy with the arrangement the Travs have with the Angels, so I don't see the relationship ending any time soon. Especially on the Angels part since their AA affiliate will be playing in a brand new stadium.

Bill Valentine was talking about the extersion on the radio. He said the Angels wanted a four year contract but he pushed for a two year one. He said he liked short contracts in order to keep talks open for the next contract. With a four year deal the Angels would forget about the Travs for a couple of years until it was time for a new contract.

Bill Valentine was talking about the extersion on the radio. He said the Angels wanted a four year contract but he pushed for a two year one. He said he liked short contracts in order to keep talks open for the next contract. With a four year deal the Angels would forget about the Travs for a couple of years until it was time for a new contract.

I think BV's happy with the talent moving through and the Angels' respect for the organization but I think he would like to see more rehab assignments.

Nobody's mentioned it but the failure of the Angels not to offer to help open up Dickey-Stephens with an exhibition appearance should be an issue. It's not at all uncommon for other teams to do this.

I wish I had pictures but I was without my camera and it was dark when I drove by but most of the steel is up at the new stadium. It's a really impressive sight.

I think BV's happy with the talent moving through and the Angels' respect for the organization but I think he would like to see more rehab assignments.

Nobody's mentioned it but the failure of the Angels not to offer to help open up Dickey-Stephens with an exhibition appearance should be an issue. It's not at all uncommon for other teams to do this.

I wish I had pictures but I was without my camera and it was dark when I drove by but most of the steel is up at the new stadium. It's a really impressive sight.

Maybe they will offer to have an exhibition game here. Maybe they are saving the announcement for after the season to not take away from the last season at Ray Winder.

Archived