Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vladittude0583

Landmar

Does anyone know whether or not Landmar is still proceeding with the renderings they had proposed regarding The Shipyards? I'm not talking about the "public-pier" but more or so the buildings that will be built there. I "personally" think that they should construct taller buildings on that site then what they had proposed, but then again, it's probabaly due to market analysis on whether or not our city/downtown can support more residential units especially on the Northbank. The buildings they had on their renderings plans are kind of small in terms of height from looking at it, but then again I could be wrong. If anyone knows anything regarding The Shipyards project, please post your opinion. Also, does anyone know when their starting their construction? I can't wait for this construction to start?

The design process was supposed to take about 18 months from when the development agreement was approved. I know that they had put RFPs on the street for the public improvements. Landmar is not necessarily a vertical developer. I think their strategy is to get a little bit of a head start working on the infrastructure, then really concentrate on getting the vertical developers on board. The building guys can't really get going until the sitework has started. It will probably be a few years before things start coming out of the ground.

I think he was referring to the old Trilegacy renderings. I have always wondered what happened to all the people who put down deposits on the first condos to be built there by Trilegacy (including Wayne Weaver who reserved two units). Have these been returned? Doesnt Landmar have a contractual obligation to deliver these still? And, why not just finish this project and then move onto whatever else they have planned?

I have always wondered what happened to all the people who put down deposits on the first condos to be built there by Trilegacy (including Wayne Weaver who reserved two units).  Have these been returned? 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The deposits were returned last year, with interest. However, most of the depositors have retained an attorney and are suing Trilegacy. They don't just want their deposits back ... they want their deposits plus economic loss based on the theoretical appreciation of the property, if OneShipyardPlace had been build as planned.

I think the depositors will lose their case ... badly. I can't fathon what precedent they will use to claim they deserve expectancy damages on real estate speculation, nevermind why a judge would even allow hypothetical appreciation values to be used when figuring damages.