Pickens County Developments

GSP Tiger

if they had zoning this wouldnt be an issue

I hope that the people of Pickens county are successful in fighting this and will also consider county wide zoning control or at least sensitive environmental regulation to help protect the mountainous areas. It would be a disgrace for an area as beautiful and recognized as Table Rock to be marred by ugly cell phone towers. I thought one went to mountians to get away from the stresses of civilization and technology?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard of this project and from what I can make out of it the tower is not gonna obstruct any veiw and will blend into the enviroment.

I am like everyone else with concerns of ruining the veiw but They make cell towers that dont look like towers but more like trees.I for one like the idea of being able to get away from the cell phone, but to play devils advocate what happens in an emergency.Many people get hurt or lost in this area and if they had access to cellular service they could call for help.

What I think everyone should remember is that their are always pros and cons to every arguement,will the goods out way the bads only time will tell.I do feel however that if this is decided to proceed the cell tower has to blend into the enviroment one of the cosmetic towers is the only way to go.

I have heard of this project and from what I can make out of it the tower is not gonna obstruct any veiw and will blend into the enviroment.

I am like everyone else with concerns of ruining the veiw but They make cell towers that dont look like towers but more like trees.I for one like the idea of being able to get away from the cell phone, but to play devils advocate what happens in an emergency.Many people get hurt or lost in this area and if they had access to cellular service they could call for help.

What I think everyone should remember is that their are always pros and cons to every arguement,will the goods out way the bads only time will tell.I do feel however that if this is decided to proceed the cell tower has to blend into the enviroment one of the cosmetic towers is the only way to go.

Maybe the impact could be mitigated be a well designed tower that blends in with the environment. South Carolina has so few mountains compared to Georgia and North Carolina that I'd hate to see them ruined for commercial interests.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Most of those 340,000 will go to Greenville and Spartanburg counties. That has been the trend for the past 5 decades or so. But Pickens is will poised to see tons of growth too, in terms of growth rate, it meets the Upstate average. I've done some studies on this exact issue.

Pickens County growth will be be conentrated in the southern half of the county. The Clemson-Central college atmosphere in conjuciton with proximity to Lake Hartwell will be a huge draw. Lakefront homes in general will tend to be retiree/second homes. The Clemson are has seen a lot of growth in the student market too. Pickens City/Easley and SE Pickens County in general will see more Greenville-related growth.

Pickens is an interesting place. Despite its increasing urbanity, its still overwhelmingly rural, with a backcountry attitude to government and planning. I mean that as a statement of fact, not an insult.

I'm interested to know how Central plans to connect itself with SWU better. Its definitely a good idea.

http://www.pickensvision2025.com

This plan should be very good for Pickens County in the long run. I am glad that the county is growing rapidly and that it is already planning for its future. I do hope though that most of the county remains rural, as that (its beauty) is its most attractive quality.

Most of those 340,000 will go to Greenville and Spartanburg counties. That has been the trend for the past 5 decades or so. But Pickens is will poised to see tons of growth too, in terms of growth rate, it meets the Upstate average. I've done some studies on this exact issue.

Pickens County growth will be be conentrated in the southern half of the county. The Clemson-Central college atmosphere in conjuciton with proximity to Lake Hartwell will be a huge draw. Lakefront homes in general will tend to be retiree/second homes. The Clemson are has seen a lot of growth in the student market too. Pickens City/Easley and SE Pickens County in general will see more Greenville-related growth.

Pickens is an interesting place. Despite its increasing urbanity, its still overwhelmingly rural, with a backcountry attitude to government and planning. I mean that as a statement of fact, not an insult.

I'm interested to know how Central plans to connect itself with SWU better. Its definitely a good idea.

http://www.pickensvision2025.com

Indeed. Northern Pickens County is actually one of the fastest growing areas in the County in terms of percentages. I don't have the figures on me right this second, but its significant for an area with such a low population. People moving there tend to be retirees. I would expect to see more scattered high end type development up there.

This is the company doing most of the property management up there. I see their signs literally everywhere. I have been looking at land in that part of the county for several years and it has been amazing to witness the rapid climb in pricing. More people have become aware of the natural beauty and want to live there. I don't blame them, but hope to see the mountains preserved for future generations to enjoy as well.

Archived