Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ironchapman

Favorite Restaurants in Metro Detroit

Does this count Windsor? I love a little place there in "little Italy". As far as Detroit, hmmm, I used to like Joe Muers when I was a kid, sadly it's gone. Other than that, I don't eat out much but Cafe Cortina is good in Farmington Hills.

Fran O'Brien's Crab House! (621 South Opdyke Rd., Auburn Hills) They have the best seafood in town and they're one of the few places around here to serve soft-shell crab.

Cypress Taverna in Greektown. Hands down better than Hella's or Pegasus. Smaller place with a more personal feel. Great service, great food, and the owner is very cool. Back when I was still in Michigan, my friend and I used to go there so often that he would stay open late for us and we would play cards with him and the staff as they closed up for the night. It was great for taking a girl out to dinner and impressing her by knowing the owner and having him give us a personal welcome. Try the Lamb Riganato. Its not listed on the menu, its usually a special, and it is fantastic.

Since not too many people seem to be contributing to this thread, I'm going to throw another one out there. Now, this may be stretching the definition of Metro Detroit a bit but The Crossbow Inn (11310 S. Saginaw St., Grand Blanc) is such a fantastic place I gladly make the 100+ mile round trip several time a year. Great food (can't beat the prime rib), great service, enough said.

I grew up in Grand Blanc...I have never been to the Crossbow. We went there once, but it was going to be a long wait to get a table, so we ended up eating elsewhere. It sounds like I'm missing out....

Xochimilco's in Mexicantown.

I haven't lived in Detroit for 6 years now but I'm sure it's as good now as it was then.

Makes me darn hungry just thinking about it.

Nitro