Hey! It's Flint!

wolverine

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent photos. Flint looks quite nice at sunset. I was driving around the downtown area randomly tonight after I went out to grab a bite to eat. I probably drove right past you without noticing. One of these days I'm going to actually have to get out of the car and take photos...maybe I'll do that tomorrow night when I get back from Detroit.

Nice pics, indeed! The lighting makes a big difference.

I've only ever really used one digital camera and that's my Canon Powershot A75. I was impressed by the pictures once I figured out how to change the JPG compression. I didn't really know how other cameras compared so I'm glad to see that I went with the right company.

I want to get the A95 (?), the 5 megapixel version of that same camera. It now costs about how much I paid for my 3.2 MP one.

That's a great picture of the Dryden building! Maybe it's just the sun, but it almost looks like the paint is still fresh.

You've featured the LBC very nicely. :) Is that red glass on the second floor of the modern side?

Is that red glass on the second floor of the modern side?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it's a board actually.

The Dryden looked awesome that evening. Usually when I take pictures of it, it comes out faded. But the sun really helped that evening.

I'm glad you all are impressed with the pictures. I use a Canon PowerShot S30. The camera is almost three and a half years old, and is getting a bit roughed up on the casing. It will be shortly replaced in 10 days by a new Powershot model. My best friend at college has been asking me to sell the camera to him forever, so he'll get his wish coming this fall. I would reccomend Canon Digital Cameras to anyone buying them. I've tried other brands, including a 6.2 megapixel Nikon my father owns, which is pretty cool too. But I'm always impressed how Canons do well in all categories be it a compact camera size, crisp and clear photos, and cool features. They have some great settings, that make evening pictures come out amazing. On this particular day, I had the vibrancy setting on.

EDIT: I forgot to mention UrbanMichigan. The site will be up hopefully by late 2005 or early 2006. It's going to be fairly extensive, and when the times comes, we'd like people to come and help us out with supplying info and pictures. I'll be posting more on this in a few months.

Archived