• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Originally published December 6, 2007

Wine shop lets you bottle your own

Tallahassee's only winery is in full swing

By Dave Hodges

DEMOCRAT BUSINESS EDITOR

This is a true micro-winery, the exact same format and concept as they use in major vineyards but on a much smaller scale," said Gardner as he stood among the containers of chardonnay, merlot and cabernet savignon. "Here we are making 6 gallons at a time. They might make 6,000 gallons at a time."

Gardner said those wishing to craft their own wine must commit to the 6-gallon batch, which yields two cases. When it's ready, the call goes out for the customer to return, usually with a group of friends, to have a bottling session.

The Winery at the Red Bar is at 1122 Thomasville Road in the Manor at Midtown.

Source: TDO.com

There's a wine bar in Midtown? When did that happen? :lol: (j/k)

As I stated before, I sampled some of their personal stock which goes into making your own wine. My suggestion would be to let their wines ages a little more before committing to 6 gallons of it. However that is not a knock on the place, they serve many good wines from many different places.

• 2 weeks later...

Mid-Town Office

7E8572C5-A21E-4289-A719-DDAB77DB6ADD.JPG

800 N Calhoun St

Tallahassee, FL 32303

Property Description:

1.1 acres build-to-suit from 5,441 to 16,324 sq ft office condo, Professionally designed and appointed interior common area in a great Mid-Town Tallahassee location. Ample parking just minutes from downtown Tallahassee.

Location Description:

At the intersection of Thomasville Rd-Monroe St-Calhoun St.

Construction Status: Under Construction/Proposed

Mid-Town Office

7E8572C5-A21E-4289-A719-DDAB77DB6ADD.JPG

800 N Calhoun St

Tallahassee, FL 32303

Property Description:

1.1 acres build-to-suit from 5,441 to 16,324 sq ft office condo, Professionally designed and appointed interior common area in a great Mid-Town Tallahassee location. Ample parking just minutes from downtown Tallahassee.

Location Description:

At the intersection of Thomasville Rd-Monroe St-Calhoun St.

Construction Status: Under Construction/Proposed

^Ah man, they are gonna tear down that nice old 2 story blue house for this? While I like the idea of a new bldg, there's so many more ugly buildings on Monroe/T-ville that should come down first for new development.

I wonder which street it is going to front?

^Ah man, they are gonna tear down that nice old 2 story blue house for this? While I like the idea of a new bldg, there's so many more ugly buildings on Monroe/T-ville that should come down first for new development.

I wonder which street it is going to front?

Good to know they are trying to have the house moved. Good to luck them. Do you guys think buying the house plus moving it will make it so expensive they'll end up just tearing down the old house?

Even though the street addy is aligned to Calhoun, I be they'll have it front T'ville road???

Is this Parrish?

Thanks FL! There's always no telling what you have in that "bag-o-tricks" of yours. :)

I read site plans a lot, but this one is a tad hard to read. I am ASSuming that is the building they have right up against the triangle corner of T'ville and Calhoun w/the parking in the back and ingress/engress from both T'ville and Calhoun?

Or is that the bldg. behind the parking???

It looks like a Parrish bldg from the rendering...is it?

Thanks FL! There's always no telling what you have in that "bag-o-tricks" of yours. :)

I read site plans a lot, but this one is a tad hard to read. I am ASSuming that is the building they have right up against the triangle corner of T'ville and Calhoun w/the parking in the back and ingress/engress from both T'ville and Calhoun?

Or is that the bldg. behind the parking???

It looks like a Parrish bldg from the rendering...is it?

I really like that building at T'ville and 6th. I think it's great how it wraps the corner. Even though that Site Plan is smaller, it is easier to read, at least for me.

Too bad they don't try and wrap the corner at T'ville and Calhoun.

Man you are a wiz w/that "bag-o-tricks!"

Good to know they are trying to have the house moved. Good to luck them. Do you guys think buying the house plus moving it will make it so expensive they'll end up just tearing down the old house?

Even though the street addy is aligned to Calhoun, I be they'll have it front T'ville road???

Is this Parrish?

I agree that wrapping the corner would have been nice, but after looking at the current site plan, I don't think there was enough space on the parcel to do it and still provide the requisite parking spaces and access without taking away a good bit of the building's square footage.

I am sure you are correct josefk. I was thinking they could drop a level for that to happen, however I'm sure that would not make the building profitable. Just wishful thinking.

Their rear neighbor will be the Ponce De Leon Motel so lock your doors when you go to this building b/c I see a lot of sketchy stuff happening at that place. I often walk down this part of Calhoun b/c the road leads to Baskin and Robbins. :)

ea99 thanks for the info. I ASSume the price spread for the moving of the house depends on what? How far you move it or how much of the house you take w/you? Like porches etc? Do you think $155k to $235K is appropriate and do you think it will happen in your opinion?

Archived