New Urbanism in the Upstate

RestedTraveler

Does Verdimont really count? As best I can tell (and I haven't seen any overall master plan for the development), it's just another residential new home community. There's no retail or commercial plots as part of this development that I've seen and there don't appear to be any town homes, apartments, or condos. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before Verdamont, the Randolf Group did Refern and Kennesaw.  Also don't forget Arcadia, Parts of Montebello such as Villagio.  And I think parts of Blue Ridge Plantation will be in that style.

Also, would Tuscan Woods count?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think Kennesaw and Tuscan Woods count, because they are basically regular subdivisions with small lots and small community parks.

Speaking of Kennesaw, that is one sloooow selling development. I wonder if its because they threw in that one Craftsman house at the front, and all the rest are Charleston style.

I am not familiar with Refern.

Greenville seems to be getting its share of new urbanist developments. This thread is to help us keep track of them. Anything in the GSA metro can go here. Please include any and all information you can :)

These are the only ones I can think of. I Know of at least one more In Anderson County (I think) but its name espcapes me.

• Verdmont- near Fairview Road, Simpsonville

• Verdae Verdae Blvd, Greenville

property_map_large1.jpg

• Cherokee Springs Village, near US 221 in Cherokee Springs, Spartanburg

The design for this residential/commercial development included 300 single-family, attached and detached houses; 350 apartments; 100,000 square feet of retail/office space; a hotel; a church; a charter school; community greenspace/parks; and a neighborhood center, with a library and community clubhouse/pool facility. As the prime design professional, Justice Design Studio provided programming, master planning, and cost estimating services on the project.

Cherokee%20Full.jpg

Before Verdamont, the Randolf Group did Refern and Kennesaw. Also don't forget Arcadia, Parts of Montebello such as Villagio. And I think parts of Blue Ridge Plantation will be in that style.

Also, would Tuscan Woods count?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived