Downtown Development

seminole

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beats me... the only thing I know about going on with College Ave is The Gameday Center. Can you give more detail... was there actually construction or a just a sign of things to come?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, for the late response but I'm still getting error messages "..you don't have permission to reply to this forum..." and "..this forum has been closed". If you know the reason, please let me know. Thanks.

In reference to your question, there is actual construction of up to two stories so far. I circled the structure but I couldn't find a billboard with a name. Very strange. I hope to drive by again this week before I take off the weekend and next week.

This isn't the Tallahassee Center right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, this is definitely not the Tallahassee Center. This development is near the intersection of Meridian and College Avenue. If you start near the Tallahassee Center and travel east on College Avenue, cross Monroe, Calhoun, and Gadsden. When you get to the Meridian interection, take a right turn and the development is there on your left. It's very hard to miss.

Well the only development I can think of anywhere near meridian rd is 417park, but 417park is on park and meridian. I have no idea what this mystery development can be. ? :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Almost positive your thinking of the corner of jefferson and meridian..... This is a 4 unit , 2 bedroom condominium project which is an addition to the existing Lafayette Condominium complex. It's across the street from the RPOF....

^Toad... you're already impressing. I'd do some investigating but my car is in the shop... but I can't wait to get over there and take a look. I would have guessed 417 but like someone said its at the corner of Park Meridian.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks man... I actually live in the building behind there so i drive by it practically every day.... If it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't have ever noticed it.

You had me lookin last night. I finally found what you were talking about, I believe it was on the corner of Jefferson and Meridian, a row of townhomes, If I had to count I'd say somewhere from 8-10. That was a road I've never been down before so it was good to see Tallahassee from another spot. Those look like they will be nice. Im going to hold out on calling them residential condos until I figure out what they are really for.

As far as I know, the picture has not been released. The picture on the sign is as general as a red light. The building design was just finalized by the architect of record as of two weeks ago, a website will be up soon. I'm not sure the complex will operate under the name College Park Condominiums, I think that was a general name given to it because of its location. From what the realtors tell me, this project will sell in the upper price range, so don't expect to be able to purchse one if you're a college student... this is a building for professionals and professors with units going $250,000 and up. But they promise nothing but luxury like the others.

The next great thing in Tallahassee will be market rate high rise condos.

As far as I know, the picture has not been released. The picture on the sign is as general as a red light. The building design was just finalized by the architect of record as of two weeks ago, a website will be up soon. I'm not sure the complex will operate under the name College Park Condominiums, I think that was a general name given to it because of its location. From what the realtors tell me, this project will sell in the upper price range, so don't expect to be able to purchse one if you're a college student... this is a building for professionals and professors with units going $250,000 and up. But they promise nothing but luxury like the others.

The next great thing in Tallahassee will be market rate high rise condos.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if these are the condos, I thought he said College Ave. I know they are suppose make the College park condos which is suppose to be 12 stories on college ave. These pics don't depict that. Here is a map of condo projects that are suppose to be developed on college. I circled where the College Commons/park condos are suppose to be located.

133435476105.gif

Archived