480 Room St. Regis Hotel

Two office towers for Navy

6 acre park/open space along waterfront

Museum

Retail

NBC_pacific_gateway_rendering_lg.jpg

NBC_site_plan_lg.jpg

NBC_NEVP_site_plan_lg.jpg

This project is in the Golden Triangle area of town (12 miles North of downtown). It could be called San Diego's "second" downtown.

La Jolla Commons

Project Includes:

350'/32-Story Mandarin Oriental Condo-Hotel Tower

348'/32-Story Condo Tower

220'/15-Story Office Tower

43fe58a4d2d08-46-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Construction status pics w/commentary taken by bushman61988 at SCC, on June 3, 2006.

Here are the Construction Updates. (sorry it took so long i been real busy)

3ad6ef5c.jpg

e72ed124.jpg

6b1555c3.jpg

Going up Pretty nicely. Construction is on the 3rd floor of the highrise and this project should be topped out by the end of this year.

846521e4.jpg

0e0f67ac.jpg

addf8c86.jpg

Work is on the 24th floor and i can bet the project will be topped off at the longest, the end of the month. Once work was done w/ the garage, these buildings just sprung right out of the ground. I wonder when they're gonna start the paint job.

a303b12b.jpg

5222ae28.jpg

Construction is on the 3rd floor and with the high demand, this project will be completed on time. I wonder how the Diegan is doin...

2eebf18c.jpg

536d91a7.jpg

Took long enough for the damn garage to be complete. Hasn't it almost been 2 freakin years since groundbreaking and the tower itself is barely on the 4th floor? But at least now it'll go up quickly.

9e84a32d.jpg

DiamondviewTower1.jpg

f5bf5343.jpg

9ea2c272.jpg

It just amazes me how fast this thing started rising after the garage was complete. I think they did like 3 floors every week or something like that. In my opinion this will be a really beautiful project, or i hope so.

1e426a2d.jpg

Breeza.jpg

I wish it was less bulky and more tall, but still a decent-looking project. I guess excavation is gonna start soon.

ffab62e5.jpg

fc90ecfd.jpg

The garage is almost at ground-level and judging by how fast the work was, the tower should be topped out by early 2007 at the Longest.

ae10af6a.jpg

d13cca03.jpg

Construction is up to about the 19th floor. The rendering i think is old though, because the CCDC approved the floor increase from 17 to 21 and i think they said it will be 240 ft. high. For some reason, to me this looks real similar to the Mark.

b55cd911.jpg

78908955.jpg

6cf2d427.jpg

Up to the 22nd Floor. They've also bean installing the glass for the building.

RSmartCornerOffice.jpg

SmartCornerOffice.jpg

Exterior work on the office. I pray they dont go w/ that Damn exposed concrete look. I like the rendering and hope they do something closer to that than the gray crap below.

continued......

25ee85d0.jpg

f54ad576.jpg

Up to the 10th floor on the residential tower. About 9 or 10 more floors to go. This project should be completed on time.

e21f2b6c.jpg

e1e911e2.jpg

Excavation work is starting. In my opinion, this is one of the most beautiful towers under construction in the Columbia district.

92cdd1fb.jpg

678d47c7.jpg

The smaller tower is gonna look really cool with the brick exterior...and the high-rise...no comment.

10dddd95.jpg

b68958e0.jpg

774a7ded.jpg

f0c63239.jpg

Already topped out and now is work on the exterior. I cant see the entire project being done this month, but still a nice building.

bea5f246.jpg

f342213e.jpg

f7960ad0.jpg

I dont know how the color looks, but if it looks like the renderings, it will match the surprisingly cool Element. Completion will probably be around September 2006 like they're advertising.

RLillianPlace.jpg

5a575748.jpg

A low-rise, much-needed affordable housing project that's nearing completion.

3c180ee2.jpg

8f761ddd.jpg

2008 Completion my ass.

4aa0223a.jpg

5a7c6630.jpg

Better than i expected...i wouldn't call it nice, but it's an Okay building and even better than the renerings in my opinion.

45624291.jpg

Look at all these projects going on in the new Ballpark District....

By the way, when does this neigborhood stop being Eastvillage and start being officially called the Ballpark District?

Even more webcam construction pics to add -

COSMOPOLITAN SQUARE - Historic buildings on site will be retrofitted and incorporated into project.

cms.jpg

1148665540368128.jpg

ALOFT ON CORTEZ HILL

aloft.jpg

1149125140339358.jpg

THE DIEGAN CONDOTEL - All I could get was a shot of the crane

Diegan20Web20Size.jpg

diegan.jpg

FEDERAL COURTHOUSE BUILDING

courthouse4.bmp

courthouse.jpg

Here are some street level pics that I took last weekend -

Rendering of the mystery project behind Allegro. It sorta reminds me of Cortez Blu. Don't know if that's good or bad.

IMG_4846.jpg

Speaking of Cortez Blu.....

IMG_4817.jpg

View from the top of Cortez Hill looking towards the ballpark, with the rapidly rising Mark in full view

IMG_4823.jpg

Rarely seen rendering of Aria posted at the construction site. I like it!

IMG_4806.jpg

Random Cortez Hill shots

IMG_4815.jpg

IMG_4807.jpg

Cool mixed-use rowhouses w/ Aria crane looming in back

IMG_4813.jpg

IMG_4820.jpg

Looks like demo work has begun at the site of the new Main Library, yet there has been nothing in the news about it :dunno:

IMG_4833.jpg

IMG_4837.jpg

IMG_4836.jpg

Site clearing continues for the new federal courthouse building

IMG_4847.jpg

Electra, as seen from ground level. Have you all noticed the blooming Jacarandas trees throughout the city? Prince and Donny Osmond would be very happy...LOL

IMG_4844.jpg

So glad to see that the Cosmopolitan Square site has been fenced off.

IMG_4849.jpg

This looks more like Amsterdam or Berlin, than San Diego

IMG_4830.jpg

Another cool infill project

IMG_4845.jpg

That's all for now!!

• 4 weeks later...

JUST SOME STUFF TO ADD-

Another rendering of Nexus, which is currently under-construction. Kinda reminds me of Doma in Little Italy

NexusIntSM.jpg

A new mixed-use project across from Balboa Park

6thPalm.jpg

KMA Architecture & Engineering (KMA) has completed concept and feasibility studies for a new mixed use residential project located at Sixth Avenue and Palm Street in downtown San Diego. The firm was retained to plan and design the 230,000 square-foot mixed-use development by the property owner, 3D Investments of Beverly Hills, CA.

The proposed project will consist of a 13-story residential tower on Sixth Avenue, consisting of luxury for-sale units with bay and park views, and a four-story building along Fifth Avenue. The four-story building will feature street level retail space and loft-style residential units. In total, the project will provide 90 residential units and will include three levels of underground parking featuring 220 parking spaces.

The KMA project team consists of Kevin Burke, B. Moon Hajjar, Adam Mayberry and Robb Walker. Cornerstone Property Management of San Diego, which manages the existing buildings, will manage the redevelopment of the site.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some clearer renderings of the planned pedestrian bridge over Harbor Drive. Looking good! :thumbsup:

hdbbf_2.jpg

hdbbf_1.jpg

hdbbf_3.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These were taken during a Padres game that I attended last weekend. The views beyond the outfield are amazing. :)

Views from the cheap seats

IMG_4906.jpg

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4904.jpg

Unfortunately, this view corridor will be blocked once the Hard Rock is completed

IMG_4912.jpg

Looking down towards the CC

IMG_4922.jpg

Looks like the Hilton site is being prepared

IMG_4908.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

East Village Park will be much nicer than I thought :)

EVPark.jpg

A finalized design for the East Village Park (west side of block bounded by Island 15th, J St, 14th) was presented to the CCDC Board on June 28, and was overwhelmingly accepted.

It now goes before the Redevelopment Agency/City Council on July 25.

The designers of the 1.4 acre park had some restrictions based on the topographical slope, a fault line of the Rose Fault, and a storm drain no-build easement, which bisects the site.

The park will feature play areas for all ages, including a tot lot, a large open lawn, and areas for nature-based play in a Arroyo Ramble area. Beautifully landscaped seating areas with gardens and trellises for shade dot the park, connected with winding paths.

On the northwest corner, an industrial looking 3,000 square foot building that is essentially a glass box with large roll-up glass doors open to outdoor terraces facing the park to give

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Updates on couple buildings in the East Village by the ballpark in San Diego

They were moving some equipment with a helicopter, took some pics.

Some of my favorite things, things that fly, and buildings, so I was pretty happpy this morning watching this.

Sorry pics not that great, had dog on leash pulling :)

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

Archived