Tallahassee Zoo?

Florida

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, florida loves bunching attractions together, selling one ticket for five thigs, it could make a nice package for 4 days in tallahassee. things like that sell themselves. I think that the population of tallahassee will support both/either efforts without factoring in the revenue from tourist. sunday i gave a pickup truck full of 6 wakullians directions to the governers sq mall... it was an interesting thing for me, because who doesnt know where the mall is. but more importantly, what about all those little po' dunks all around with even less to do on weekends. we should capitalize with faith because of all the sourses of money around.

I think having such a younge member of society stand up and speak thier mind would really make an impact on the meeting, but only if you speak very well and do your best to speak educatedly (<- joke). i am sure if you wanted to prep by actually writing a speech to give, the result would be good, and TJ could proof it for you.. make sure you got it all right. and then you can just blow thier mninds!

PS. i am one away from 100 posts... wow that was fast!

I think having such a younge member of society stand up and speak thier mind would really make an impact on the meeting, but only if you speak very well and do your best to speak educatedly (<- joke).  i am sure if you wanted to prep by actually writing a speech to give, the result would be good, and TJ could proof it for you.. make sure you got it all right. and then you can just blow thier mninds!

PS. i am one away from 100 posts... wow that was fast!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HaHa! Your so funny csmurphy! I am going to have this all typed up man. I am going to go all out on this as if I were about to take a speech exam or something of that sort. By the way congrutulations on becoming green. I am trying to get to 200 by the end of the week!

LOL... on becoming green... thats funny.

Honestly... it would be great to turn Cascades into an interactive Aquarium/Zoo. Im thinking about the old waterworks building the city purchased and doesn't know what to do with... that could possibly play a role... say serve as an interactive entrance to the whole exhibit.

alot of zoos that have alot of underwater exhibits incorporated make good use of convientiently located tunnels with underwater views of ottors and polar bears. maybe a zoo/ aquarium that fits the size of our city, one with a "Gulf Coast" permanent collection. that would be cool downtown.. also a little more variety for your buck makes it an easy sell. all in one, and ramps, no stairs, we have lots of handicaps and they should be cumfy too.

When i think about an aquarium that was successfully design, i think of the Aquarium in New Orleans on the Mississippi. it was three stories or tanks and it always seemed like we were surrounded by the wildlife. i liked the way all the tanks made you feel nearly wet! And with all the shark attacks... we would have to have a shark tank...

Could you get us some images of that Museum in LA on the MS. I think one smart way to expand the terriorty of this Zoo would be to make it a part of the South Monroe sector plan. Lots of changes will occur in that direction over the next few years and property could be purchased and set aside going south for a few blocks. This would give the Zebras and Giraffes some room to roam.

That would be mad nice!! I like the way you paint the image with the Wall and everything. This would honestly go well with the south monroe sector plan. A zoo would also fit in well with the Meyer's park area's Historic Neighborhood designation and mesh well with the Korean War Memorial and natural beauty of that area. Once the land is completely cleaned up, it would make an awesome zoo site.

• 1 year later...

It's a shame that Tally doesn't have a zoo. Waco, Tx as one. School field trips alone from Tally and surrounding towns as far away as Georgia would keep the place somewhat busy. Jax and San Antonio Zoos are always pact with school kids. Granted they have a lot more schools in the area, but Tally's Zoo probably would be smaller and less expensive to run. Also, I'm sure this could open up some things with the universities as well.

I think a aquarium would be great. The one in Atlanta is packed all the time. Since it opened. It would be really neat to have one in Tally and have a saltwater one. Then highlight a lot of the fish from the gulf. If it could have some ties to FSU/FAMU that would be big.

I love the idea of an aquarium. I think thats the type of thing this land locked city needs, although we're only 30 miles from the coast line most of us don't get find the time to get familiar with the sea or the creatures thereof. I'd like to see a zoo that includes an aquarium, and all of those animals known to the Great state of Florida, namely the Pink Flamingo, Dolphin, Manatee, Gators, Panthers and so on.

Archived