Photo tour: Miami, Brickell Financial District

Aessotariq

Related UrbanPlanet.org topics: [

Miami/South Florida forum {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} ]

This is a compilation of photos from time spent in Downtown Miami and the Brickell area. Here's the Brickell Financial District, with various construction photos, street shots, and skyline shots.

PART 2 - Brickell Financial District

Ode to the Tequesta, original settlers of southern Florida

brickellstatue2qe.jpg

brickellmiaave3tt.jpg

brickellkey9vb.jpg

Four Seasons

brickell4season7se.jpg

brickell4season24ub.jpg

Esp

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of mistakes in the development of brickell over the years. Summit and the Vue are two pretty big ones. I can't wait to see how Mary Brickell Village turns out.

Nice tour.

ps. Espeedytoo Sahnto is one of my favorite all time buildings. It's nite time lights are truly amazing.

Although these are great pictures, I don't like the area at all. Lots of towers set way back from the street without retail. I've read that all new developments must be built up to the sidewalk (I think), but there's been so much damage done from 1980s-1990s developments that much of the land has already been developed in an ill-advised fashion. The best thing the city can do is make sure neighborhoods like this don't get built again.

Archived