Memphis City Walk

Memphisborn

Was doing some research and stumbled across Birmingham City walk built on 31 acres under I59/20 bridge. Was wondering where if any place in Memphis is there a underpass bridge that u could model something like this.  It a very exciting and interesting project with a lot of family fun things to do and would be ideal for Memphis, IMO

https://citywalkbham.com/?mibextid=Zxz2cZ

https://www.facebook.com/CityWalkBham?mibextid=LQQJ4d

Probably not.  The only place I'm aware of that it could be done is I-40 coming off the bridge.  The lower part between the river and Front St is all Bass Pro parking.  The area between Front St and BB King is Convention Center Parking/Govt Parking.   

Birmingham has nearly a mile length of elevated interstate, and its 10 lanes wide, so they've got a lot more to work with there.  Nothing that extensive in Memphis.  Something on a smaller scale could be done between Front St & BB King, but the problem is, there not as much height as there is in Birmingham.  The Convention Center also uses the one lot for Trailer parking for the exhibits too.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2023 at 11:16 AM, MDC26 said:

Probably not.  The only place I'm aware of that it could be done is I-40 coming off the bridge.  The lower part between the river and Front St is all Bass Pro parking.  The area between Front St and BB King is Convention Center Parking/Govt Parking.   

Birmingham has nearly a mile length of elevated interstate, and its 10 lanes wide, so they've got a lot more to work with there.  Nothing that extensive in Memphis.  Something on a smaller scale could be done between Front St & BB King, but the problem is, there not as much height as there is in Birmingham.  The Convention Center also uses the one lot for Trailer parking for the exhibits too.  

Here’s another look

https://www.bargedesign.com/news/city-walk-bham-master-plan-design-wins-acec-alabama-eea-grand-award?fbclid=IwAR2oG57thc5vqSeWpmgo0XafeXP6f3L66SC4NKzQRzG9v-aoxysIzY7tIU4&mibextid=Zxz2cZ