Project North | Turbocor

stjoe

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I delivered to a meeting in Inovation Park today... it was a presentation of an idea some fsu peeps have for determining the total number of hurricanes to hit and in what month based on the predictability of pressure systems. Sounded exciting, and they were celebrating so i guess a few more mil will hit the area.

Yeah. Its a quick turn around. I like the timing also. The commission says there are a few things that need to be handeled as far as the building permits go, and actually getting the building up and ready. May 2006 might be a bit optimistic, however, within the year is quite possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Turbocor almost falls through...... read the democrat business section..... Wow, dont want turbocor here. they can go somewhere else, we have gone above and beyond our offerings for them and they cant get financing for their own building. take a hike turbofreak.

WOW... you really remind me of someone else, Downtown...

... Turbocor doesn't want to own the building, they want to lease, so its no surprise that the parent company won't back up the loan for the new building. Its similar to co-signing for a house that you plan to rent... people don't do that. So Turbocor isn't all wrong here. Additionally, if all doesn't work out with Turbocor the building could still be used for another startup company. But I believe they'll work things out.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an article on the Turbocor deal possibly falling through:

Look here

At first I was all for the project, but as time has gone on and we've learned more about the company, I too have become skeptical of the deal. It sure seems like a big risk (money wise) to have them come here. They do look sorta shifty, but all I know is what I read in the Democrat about them so maybe I'm not the best person to comment on them. Our county leaders aren't always the most progressive leaders in our area, but this time they could be right? Your thoughts.

Of yeah and if the deal fails, I'd like to see them use the money they brought to the table for this deal, to build a spec building out in Innovation Park for future use of luring a company here.

Here's an article on the Turbocor deal possibly falling through:

Look here

At first I was all for the project, but as time has gone on and we've learned more about the company, I too have become skeptical of the deal. It sure seems like a big risk (money wise) to have them come here. They do look sorta shifty, but all I know is what I read in the Democrat about them so maybe I'm not the best person to comment on them. Our county leaders aren't always the most progressive leaders in our area, but this time they could be right? Your thoughts.

Of yeah and if the deal fails, I'd like to see them use the money they brought to the table for this deal, to build a spec building out in Innovation Park for future use of luring a company here.

Well this might explain why Turbocor was having trouble getting a loan for the new building. I still haven't found the site here in Innovation Park. Is the site actually being preped for construction?

Well this might explain why Turbocor was having trouble getting a loan for the new building. I still haven't found the site here in Innovation Park. Is the site actually being preped for construction?

turbotrash. we give them so much and they only want more.

if they dont come, then i dont care

Downtown... have you ever been on UrbanPlanet in the recent past as someone else? Just curious.

I'd consider it a major blow to our economic development efforts if we can't lure this company to Tallahassee. I would like to see the spec building go in also.

we have no economic development... we need a quicker permitting process, ours is the slowest in the state, tallahassee doesnt wanna grow like you taurean.

you might as well head somewhere else. where they will build anything anytime namely souf florida.

TurboCor Deal not Dead

Economic Development Council and Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce continues to pursue the Canadian company that hopes to bring over 200 high wage jobs to the Tallahassee Community.

Day, with the Economic Development Council reports many people don't understand the financial condition of the company siting it is a startup company, and like any new research company, looses money during its first few years of operation.

In 2003 Turbocor lost $18 Million, in 2004 they lost $8 Million, they are projected to turn profits starting 2007.

"This is not some fly by night company, they're going to be around a while" the article states.

I think Tallahassee leaders should be a bit less anxious to act until they have all of the facts. This is still a good deal for this community. We need to learn to be risk takers as a commuity if we ever want the thriving economy a Florida city should have. \

Read Article

Downtown... have you ever been on UrbanPlanet in the recent past as someone else? Just curious.

Preleduche'

Turb is projecting proffits in 2007 and we as tallahasseans would only bear 6 months of "red" untill we will profit with them, exponentially as we help to develop new products for them. This is great, we will still them once thier feet are wet. Building here is the best chioce for them, i hope the financing works out.

Archived