Project North | Turbocor

stjoe

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of idiot is Bill Proctor? It may be just me but Grippa is the only smart one on the county commission. He knows we need these jobs and will go to any lengths to get the county to reconsider the deal. In the event that Proctor STILL refuses, the city sure did do the right thing alright, by proving once again that we have dropped the ball in terms of bringing big business here. What could have been something good for Tallahassee was struck down by Proctor because he was too thickheaded to see the big picture. I bet this guy doesn't even realize how pathetic our job market is.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on my way to work when I noticed that one of the forested lots in Innovation Park was being "prepped." They were tearing down trees and putting up sticks with pink flags. I think it is a good bet this is the lot! :yahoo: It's at the corner of E Paul Dirac and N Paul Dirac, so you should see the new building when you first go into the Park off of Roberts Ave.

I forgot to bring my camera today, but I will try to bring tommorrow.

I was on my way to work when I noticed that one of the forested lots in Innovation Park was being "prepped." They were tearing down trees and putting up sticks with pink flags. I think it is a good bet this is the lot! :yahoo: It's at the corner of E Paul Dirac and N Paul Dirac, so you should see the new building when you first go into the Park off of Roberts Ave.

I forgot to bring my camera today, but I will try to bring tommorrow.

I simle as I see this. This is great news!

The commission had an item on their agenda last night that dealt with Turbocor. I didn't get an opportunity to view it, but when I do I'll try to get those extra details on here.

Here's the new skin on the Turbocor deal:

The city has decided to fund 100% of the cost of constructing the new building. City staff feels this strategy would give the city a better equity position in the deal. This means Innovation park will hold on to its money and ONLY donate the Property.

The project is moving forward quickly and should be ready in time for this summer.

The project is moving forward quickly and should be ready in time for this summer.

I am wondering if anyone has come across any Turbocor-sourced press releases concerning the proposed Tallahassee facility / administrative relocation. Looking over the company website - www.turbocor.com - the 'press room' has no mention of Tallahassee. While this may be standard operating procedure for a large negotiated deal like ours - and no one wants to speak too soon - it would be interesting to hear Turbocor's official, public-face position on the Tallahassee move.

Those trees were all gone today. I am really glade they chose a site so close to roberts. Will they have access to the RR station for shipping of porduct? I think it will be good for the visability of innovation park for sure. can we et a render of the proposed site building facilities. I am so visual-

side note- the folks at the CCLA (think that is it) across the street are really nice folks! Tub will have good neighbors.

Archived