Arlington Steals Photos?

monsoon

Does this look like a photoshopped version from the original photo?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Does this look like a photoshopped version from the original photo?

• No
    • Yes

Well at least it looks like it to me. You would think they would at least offer UrbanPlanet or me some credit. Maybe it was just a coincidence, maybe what has been said about this developer is true.

What do you think?

Photo on the Arlington site. (thepinkbuilding.com)

night.jpg

Photo I posted on UrbanPlanet in 2003 (and several subsequent times) I've since learned to put copyright watermarks on the photos that belong to me that I post on the site.

This is the original 2003 thread.

arlingt14.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you should send them a letter suggesting that you're interested in purchasing rights to the photo for some innocuous use such as your community newsletter and ask them for the details on who the original photographer was. See what they say... :P

Well at least it looks like it to me.  You would think they would at least offer UrbanPlanet or me some credit.  Maybe it was just a coincidence, maybe what has been said about this developer is true. 

What do you think?

Photo on the Arlington site.  (thepinkbuilding.com)

night.jpg

Photo I posted on UrbanPlanet in 2003 (and several subsequent times)  I've since learned to put copyright watermarks on the photos that belong to me that I post on the site. 

This is the original 2003 thread.

arlingtn2.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MB that is totally your pic. Nice one too. :thumbsup: Wish you could get some royalties off of that one. You could almost sell that one to the Chamber. It is that good.

B)

A2

It probably is your photo. But, I've always questioned copyrights on images which contain other people's work... (the architect of the Arlington... compensating the owners of the building.)

There was a similar issue recently involving the Dallas Cowboys. Some photographer sued the Cowboys for using his photo on one of their game tickets. The Cowboys eventually settled. Part of the agreement was that the photographer could no longer take photographs at Texas Stadium.

Archived