• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

Arlington Steals Photos?

Does this look like a photoshopped version from the original photo?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Does this look like a photoshopped version from the original photo?

• No
    • Yes

Well at least it looks like it to me. You would think they would at least offer UrbanPlanet or me some credit. Maybe it was just a coincidence, maybe what has been said about this developer is true.

What do you think?

Photo on the Arlington site. (thepinkbuilding.com)

night.jpg

Photo I posted on UrbanPlanet in 2003 (and several subsequent times) I've since learned to put copyright watermarks on the photos that belong to me that I post on the site.

This is the original 2003 thread.

arlingt14.jpg

I think you should send them a letter suggesting that you're interested in purchasing rights to the photo for some innocuous use such as your community newsletter and ask them for the details on who the original photographer was. See what they say... :P

I think you should get some $$$ from Jim Gross for that

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree Smelly Cat. That is the best that bldg will ever look.

:lol:

Of course that is JMO.

I think you should get some $$$ from Jim Gross for that

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, a few duckets would be nice. I had to stand in the middle of South Blvd, dodge cars and hold the camera steady in the low light to get that picture. LOL

Well at least it looks like it to me.  You would think they would at least offer UrbanPlanet or me some credit.  Maybe it was just a coincidence, maybe what has been said about this developer is true. 

What do you think?

Photo on the Arlington site.  (thepinkbuilding.com)

night.jpg

Photo I posted on UrbanPlanet in 2003 (and several subsequent times)  I've since learned to put copyright watermarks on the photos that belong to me that I post on the site. 

This is the original 2003 thread.

arlingtn2.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MB that is totally your pic. Nice one too. :thumbsup: Wish you could get some royalties off of that one. You could almost sell that one to the Chamber. It is that good.

B)

A2

I think monsoon might want to find a good intellectual property attorney.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

always thinking ahead elric7. :D

a2

Metro, I train Photoshop for a living.

That's your shot. Too many points line up for that to be any other shot, unless you had someone right beside you taking a picture at the exact same moment.

I'd be giving Mr. Gross a call.

wouldn't it be funny if it had the water mark on it too hahahahhaa.

but those things are easy to get rid of so don't be too confident with nobody stealing the watermarked ones, photoshop is a wonderful/amazing thing

Everyone says that the photo was ripped, so why is the poll only at 95% 0_o?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol

i guess the margin of error is +/- 5%

wouldn't it be funny if it had the water mark on it too hahahahhaa.

but those things are easy to get rid of so don't be too confident with nobody stealing the watermarked ones, photoshop is a wonderful/amazing thing

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl::rofl:

Everyone says that the photo was ripped, so why is the poll only at 95% 0_o?

Jim Gross probably voted that it wasn't ripped off. :P

It probably is your photo. But, I've always questioned copyrights on images which contain other people's work... (the architect of the Arlington... compensating the owners of the building.)

There was a similar issue recently involving the Dallas Cowboys. Some photographer sued the Cowboys for using his photo on one of their game tickets. The Cowboys eventually settled. Part of the agreement was that the photographer could no longer take photographs at Texas Stadium.