July 4th celebrations around town?

Neo

So my girlfriend and I are debating over what to do for July 4th in Charlotte. So far I think going downtown is winning but I was wondering what are some of the other favorites around town that won't leave you with the feeling of "why did I come to this?"

I'm sure we're not the only ones looking for entertainment options for that evening so spill the beans!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a bunch of stuff going on at The Lake if you are going up that way.

A consolidated list can be found here

And a calendar listing here

Looks like stuff going on all day long at Birkdale Village on the 4th, and a big fireworks display at Queens Landing on the 2nd and several others on the 4th.

Carowinds is having fireworks at 10pm on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. You can go into the outlet mall parking lot and watch the fireworks from your car or however you facy to see it, that is if you dont want to pay to get into the park.

Not the Carowinds fireworks, its the show in Downtown which is one of the largest on the East coast. Its quite spectacular and we are fortunate to have such a large fireworks show on the 4th. I highly recommend the downtown one.

On the otherhand we saw the smaller fireworks display on Lake Norman last night while on the boat. The fireworks are shot out from a barge in front of Queens Landing near the East Hwy 150 bridge, and while not as large as the one downtown, they are still quite nice. The anchor lights from 100s of boats add to the effect, but it is a bit of a mayhem when they all try to leave at the same time. There was a hound dog or something in a boat near us which was freaked out by the explosions (which were echoing off the banks) and started to howl. LOL

Wow, this was my first time ever going to the Uptown fireworks show, I love the crowds, every block was packed, though people didn't really know what spot was the best to view it, as they were shooting it off in 3rd Ward, everyone was at the Square when the show began then everyone rushed towards Church St, just a massive crowd moving. It just seem pretty cool.

Archived