Determining Building Height

vdogg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol man you love to diss Richmond. IT's kind of sad for Virginia that it's 4th largest city has had the tallest tower for so long. Not to mention its a building occupied by the government!! And trust me I'm not one to brag about the Monroe. I'd much rather brag about the headquarters for the 5th district of the Federal Reserve which had the same architect as the WTC.

lol man you love to diss Richmond. IT's kind of sad for Virginia that it's 4th largest city has had the tallest tower for so long. Not to mention its a building occupied by the government!! And trust me I'm not one to brag about the Monroe. I'd much rather brag about the headquarters for the 5th district of the Federal Reserve which had the same architect as the WTC.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't you guys just diss the Westin and saying its so ugly????? Westin sure looks good now.

hmm I don't recall saying it was sooo ugly. other people have said it is a little bland. IMO I kind of liked the first rendering better. It had a little more character.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is what downtowner said "YEa to me I think the Westin is ugly "

agreed... thanks... I was a bit confused about the highest structural level...I thought, given the original description and your reaction, that it meant i.e. height of the tallest floor and excluded the additional roofing spires. So is Westin 408 ft. at the highest occupiable level with a 100 ft spire bringning it to 508 ft?

agreed... thanks... I was a bit confused about the highest structural level...I thought, given the original description and your reaction, that it meant i.e. height of the tallest floor and excluded the additional roofing spires. So is Westin 408 ft. at the highest occupiable level with a 100 ft spire bringning it to 508 ft?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be correct.

Didn't you guys just diss the Westin and saying its so ugly????? Westin sure looks good now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It looks just fine, and if it's the tallest in the state, congratulations.

The Chrysler Building in New York City (my favorite skyscraper in the World) has a beautiful spire and I'm sure it is included in the building's recorded height. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isn't Richmond still the third largest? Who sneaked in there?!! :lol:

Oh, I didn't know that the Westin's spire was 100ft too (too meaning as well as Granby's). And also I consider Dominion Tower to still be Hampton Roads's tallest too. AH robbed it cheaply and in an ugly manner, lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you on the AH tower. Now if they would of hired a good architect and spent some money on a beautiful crown then I would be all for AH being Hampton Roads's current tallest building.

Archived