Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2022 at 7:52 PM, spenser1058 said:

My friend Wile E. Coyote has some products from ACME that might help.

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

And it shall be known as the "Cheez-It Bowl"

The Cheez-It Bowl, which features a tie-in with the Big 12 and ACC, is scheduled for Dec. 29 at 5:30 p.m. on ESPN.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college-gridiron-365/os-sp-cheez-it-orlando-citrus-bowl-sponsor-20221115-mq4i5uo7xze3dhyhkljgum77uu-story.html

50 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

And it shall be known as the "Cheez-It Bowl"

The Cheez-It Bowl, which features a tie-in with the Big 12 and ACC, is scheduled for Dec. 29 at 5:30 p.m. on ESPN.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college-gridiron-365/os-sp-cheez-it-orlando-citrus-bowl-sponsor-20221115-mq4i5uo7xze3dhyhkljgum77uu-story.html

Guess I need to stock up on all my favorite Cheez-It flavors!!!! 

Cheez-It Duos Bacon and Cheddar, Cheez-It Pepper Jack, Cheez-It Extra Cheesy, Cheez-It Hot & Spicy. 

I want to be ready!!!!  :thumbsup: 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Guess I need to stock up on all my favorite Cheez-It flavors!!!! 

Cheez-It Duos Bacon and Cheddar, Cheez-It Pepper Jack, Cheez-It Extra Cheesy, Cheez-It Hot & Spicy. 

I want to be ready!!!!  :thumbsup: 

it's the cheesiest...

oh wait, wrong product.

I'll take the Hot & Spicy please, sir.

This makes me wonder, could we have the Pepperidge Farms "Goldfish Bowl"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AmIReal said:

it's the cheesiest...

oh wait, wrong product.

I'll take the Hot & Spicy please, sir.

This makes me wonder, could we have the Pepperidge Farms "Goldfish Bowl"

Cheez-It Duo's Bacon & Cheddar (or Hot n Spicy works too) with some onion & chive sour cream spread.  

Nice little snack with your favorite foaming beverage.  :thumbsup: 

• 5 months later...

And it begins......the rush to spend the TDT money.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college-gridiron-365/os-sp-camping-world-stadium-orlando-future-upgrades-20230418-xso3c23etjaitnn6q4fhs3dldu-story.html

I am liking the canopy and definitely would need more suites........ but from the article, when it talks about competing with Vegas, Dallas, Miami, Atlanta etc venues.......what they leave out is that Orlando does not have a permanent football tenant to justify those types of costs. 

In addition to above, why doesn't the Orange county government get officially behind a stadium proposal on I Drive contingent on the Rays moving? It seems like they threaten Tampa to move with options that are not acceptable for the league such as playing in Montreal etc. They get piss poor attendance due to their crappy stadium building and location. Their new stadium proposal in Tampa keeps dragging and is nothing more than a theory. 

Orange county is sitting on a $300 million bank account war chest that is probably gonna double in size over the next few years. Why not put a modern stadium proposal in place on I Drive and state that they will start building it providing the Rays agree to move. 

Honestly, after the I 4 beyond the ultimate is complete, for a lot of fans in Tampa, traveling to I Drive is quicker than traveling to St Pete. 

I am reading reports that Las Vegas is about to land the Athletics. They purchased land by Red Rock. Orlando is a much bigger market and is just as big as a tourist destination. It's amazing the overnight, Las Vegas went from zero professional teams to 3. Orlando still only has the Magic. Sure, I get it regarding Tampa only being 70 miles away with 3 teams. However, one of those teams is threatening to leave, why not make a real local government sanctioned push?

Edited by shardoon
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, shardoon said:

In addition to above, why doesn't the Orange county government get officially behind a stadium proposal on I Drive contingent on the Rays moving? It seems like they threaten Tampa to move with options that are not acceptable for the league such as playing in Montreal etc. They get piss poor attendance due to their crappy stadium building and location. Their new stadium proposal in Tampa keeps dragging and is nothing more than a theory. 

Orange county is sitting on a $300 million bank account war chest that is probably gonna double in size over the next few years. Why not put a modern stadium proposal in place on I Drive and state that they will start building it providing the Rays agree to move. 

Honestly, after the I 4 beyond the ultimate is complete, for a lot of fans in Tampa, traveling to I Drive is quicker than traveling to St Pete. 

I am reading reports that Las Vegas is about to land the Athletics. They purchased land by Red Rock. Orlando is a much bigger market and is just as big as a tourist destination. It's amazing the overnight, Las Vegas went from zero professional teams to 3. Orlando still only has the Magic. Sure, I get it regarding Tampa only being 70 miles away with 3 teams. However, one of those teams is threatening to leave, why not make a real local government sanctioned push?

Normally I would agree with you but baseball is DOA in Florida. Moving the Rays to Orlando is simply moving around dead weight. No thanks. Much rather have NFL.

16 minutes ago, Uncommon said:

Normally I would agree with you but baseball is DOA in Florida. Moving the Rays to Orlando is simply moving around dead weight. No thanks. Much rather have NFL.

Sure, would love to get an NFL team. However, the Bucs are not moving and have no chance of moving. The Jags potentially can move, but no matter how much lipstick you put on the pig of the Citrus Bowl, that is not an NFL stadium. Even if you had the funds to build a brand new stadium, is the NFL gonna allow 2 franchises located within 75 miles of each other. Remember, teams that were placed very close to each other in the past either are in cities that are huge, ie bigger than Orlando and Tampa combined), or they have been established for decades, created in a different era. You can be sure, the Bucs would try to veto the heck out of any team in Orlando. 

As far as baseball, I think Orlando is unique. I think we would have more local support than one would expect with no other professional competition. Remember, the bulk of the baseball season is during the Magic offseason. Plus, you have the thousands of out of town tourists from up north, many who would come to cheer their team. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 12:33 PM, shardoon said:

Plus, you have the thousands of out of town tourists from up north, many who would come to cheer their team. 

You just put me off ever having a baseball team. That is not a good thing. It's so embarrassing whenever the visiting team has more fans in the Amway than the Magic do (aka every other week.) I can only imagine what the players think.

Edited by F-L-A

38 minutes ago, F-L-A said:

You just put me off ever having a baseball team. That is not a good thing. It's so embarrassing whenever the visiting team has more fans in the Amway than the Magic do (aka every other week.) I can only imagine what the players think.

That's fine, but I'm sure that happens in Vegas, and that happens to many of the other Southern teams. With that said, these professional sport teams are businesses, and if the stands are packed, that makes Profesional sports viable in Orlando. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 3:07 PM, shardoon said:

That's fine, but I'm sure that happens in Vegas, and that happens to many of the other Southern teams. With that said, these professional sport teams are businesses, and if the stands are packed, that makes Profesional sports viable in Orlando. 

it's the gift that keeps on giving; that is, the scheduling of major franchises who have huge fanbases that travel well.  It kind of insulates bad teams from ever folding; "kind of" because fans usually want to see marquis matchups.

On 4/21/2023 at 2:27 PM, F-L-A said:

...that should be bad for player morale.  

• 3 weeks later...

Revisiting this, mark my words, and I will eat crow if I am wrong.......... if the Citrus bowl gets the $800 million to continue to put lipstick on the pig......... we will still not get any marquee college football playoff/championship games, we will still not get any superbowls, we are not getting an NFL franchise......and the marginal uptick in any more events there will be some fringe marginal events. 

WASTE OF MONEY............ although I did see a lot of other requests for the TDT that are even more wasteful. 

One thing that did intrigue me is the UCF request. Maybe it is time we support them a little more considering they are the hometown team. Maybe give them $300 million to upgrade the stadium, make a nice facade, get ride of the cheap chain link fences, expand the media tower and lounge/suites, expand the seating, add some shade for the fans, improve the night lighting. Honestly, being in the Big 12 is going to bring a lot more traveling fan bases to Orlando considering we will now have quite a few P5 teams visiting. I would say that this would have a more economic impact that any additional upgrade to citrus bowl...... I think we have squeezed out as much economic activity that we can get from that place already. 

1 hour ago, shardoon said:

Revisiting this, mark my words, and I will eat crow if I am wrong.......... if the Citrus bowl gets the $800 million to continue to put lipstick on the pig......... we will still not get any marquee college football playoff/championship games, we will still not get any superbowls, we are not getting an NFL franchise......and the marginal uptick in any more events there will be some fringe marginal events. 

WASTE OF MONEY............ although I did see a lot of other requests for the TDT that are even more wasteful. 

One thing that did intrigue me is the UCF request. Maybe it is time we support them a little more considering they are the hometown team. Maybe give them $300 million to upgrade the stadium, make a nice facade, get ride of the cheap chain link fences, expand the media tower and lounge/suites, expand the seating, add some shade for the fans, improve the night lighting. Honestly, being in the Big 12 is going to bring a lot more traveling fan bases to Orlando considering we will now have quite a few P5 teams visiting. I would say that this would have a more economic impact that any additional upgrade to citrus bowl...... I think we have squeezed out as much economic activity that we can get from that place already. 

The citrus bowl does need to invest into keeping what they have. And adding some shade similar to Hard Rock would be nice. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tim3167 said:

So far the only detail I can see I the amount: $256 million to renovate Amway Center

Amazing. The place cost $480 million to construct. In 2021 numbers, that's just over $600 million. So they need almost half the cost of the entire cost of construction from scratch for some upgrades? What can that possibly be? It's not like we really have been getting more concerts compared to Amalie like we were promised.........

I just think Orang County has so much TDT money, that everyone is throwing rediculous numbers out there.