Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

My feeling is that the people of Orlando want it in downtown where it belongs. Downtown (church street) use to be the hippest place in the city til' Downtown Disney and Citywalk came here. I think if we put the arena and PAC on Idrive, it would only make Orlando look only like tourist city. If we put the arena and PAC downtown that would give tourists a chance to see the real Orlando aswell. Orlando is so much more then a theme park city and it's about time people see that.

i agree.First off most of the ticket holders dont live in the intl drive area.Second this is supposed to be for us as a city and to have a civic pride.I still see Harris ROSEN IN THE PICTURE OF THIS SOMEHOW AND THE WAY THEY DECIDED TO HELP FUND ALL OF THIS.iF THE ARENA GOES TO INTL DRIVE SOMEHWO IT MAKES IT SEEM LIKE THE MAGIC ISNT OUR HOMETOWN TEAM ANYMOR BUT THE HOTELIERS SURE WOULD BENEFIT.

i agree.First off most of the ticket holders dont live in the intl drive area.Second this is supposed to be for us as a city and to have a civic pride.I still see Harris ROSEN IN THE PICTURE OF THIS SOMEHOW AND THE WAY THEY DECIDED TO HELP FUND ALL OF THIS.iF THE ARENA GOES TO INTL DRIVE SOMEHWO IT MAKES IT SEEM LIKE THE MAGIC ISNT OUR HOMETOWN TEAM ANYMOR BUT THE HOTELIERS SURE WOULD BENEFIT.

that is EXACTLY how I feel. Downtown feels like Orlando. I drive feels like INTERNATIONAL

Thats a great idea everyone wants to tear it down what a waste use it for something.They could remodel that for a pac couldnt they?

What a nightmare that would be. A huge part of the reason why the Bob Carr sucks so much is because it was forced/remodelded/mucked up into being something that it wasn't meant to be - let's not make that mistake again as a community. Performing arts groups in Central Florida aren't just looking for a venue to perform, they're looking for accoustical quality and ammenities. There's not much to take out of the arena in it's current state in terms of a PAC.

I suppose there could be other uses for the arena, though I can't think of any at the moment. I've always felt that the Centroplex, as a development, does a horrible job of integrating into the downtown fabric, so the more they blow up and start over with, the better.

Is the Predator and the new Puerto Rican team gonna chip in as well?

No, The Predators pay rent for the building and aren't complaining about it being outdated or not having luxury boxes. If a new building is going to be custom built for the Magic, they need to chip in a significant portion. The other tenants can just pay the going rent.

Hell, if they build the new arena on I-Drive, we can call them the Orange County Magic

We can call it the Beeline or Beachline Center

Mayor Crotty can be there to cut the ribbon on opening day

Yes fellas, oh what a joyous thing it will be if the arena was located on I-Drive

Feel like I need a hot scalding shower to scrub the disgust off me

Hell, if they build the new arena on I-Drive, we can call them the Orange County Magic

We can call it the Beeline or Beachline Center

Mayor Crotty can be there to cut the ribbon on opening day

Yes fellas, oh what a joyous thing it will be if the arena was located on I-Drive

Feel like I need a hot scalding shower to scrub the disgust off me

<no words required, just an emoticon>

:sick:

Corpkid, if you think UCF is huge, try go to U of Florida.

We need museum in this city, but awhile back, I remembered Kuhn saying his vision of downtown is to have a skate park and a Guggenheim museum.

I would like to see it changed into an Air & Space museum, or Natural History Museum. They can try to apply funding from the Smithsonian. If it is done right, it can be used as an tourist attraction in downtown.

Just dont put a Ripler Believe it or not in there.

As for the Bob Carr, I suggest they give that to UCF and have them expand their Theater program in downtown. So, the digital media & theater is right across from each other and they can use the new PAC. The UCF Shakespear Festival is already downtown anyway. Or it can change to a Children museum. The whole schem will fit in Buddy Dyer "creative village".

We should all write to Buddy and tell him the museum idea. Anyone has his email?

We need museum in this city, but awhile back, I remembered Kuhn saying his vision of downtown is to have a skate park and a Guggenheim museum.

I would like to see it changed into an Air & Space museum, or Natural History Museum. They can try to apply funding from the Smithsonian. If it is done right, it can be used as an tourist attraction in downtown.

As for the Bob Carr, I suggest they give that to UCF and have them expand their Theater program in downtown. So, the digital media & theater is right across from each other and they can use the new PAC. The UCF Shakespear Festival is already downtown anyway. Or it can change to a Children museum. The whole schem will fit in Buddy Dyer "creative village".

We should all write to Buddy and tell him the museum idea. Anyone has his email?

With the tall celings, a museum like that would work well (planes or dinosaur skeleton hanging from the roof). As was mentioned before, underneath I-4 is a good place for a skate park and/or basketball courts.

If Buddy's e-mail is like everyone else's at the city, it should be [email protected]

With the tall celings, a museum like that would work well (planes or dinosaur skeleton hanging from the roof). As was mentioned before, underneath I-4 is a good place for a skate park and/or basketball courts.

If Buddy's e-mail is like everyone else's at the city, it should be [email protected]

or these...

[email protected]

[email protected]

Haha..Kuhn is a baller. I don't know how he does it but he seems to get things done.

All hail the new and improved CROTTYDOME

Can't wait

Anyone know any particular reason why the Magic are being quiet about sites for the new arena?

Do they really have an opinion on it that they believe in or are they just waiting for Dyer and Crotty to go on celebrity politician boxing and wait to see who wins before they endorse whatever is there?

All hail the new and improved CROTTYDOME

Can't wait

Anyone know any particular reason why the Magic are being quiet about sites for the new arena?

Do they really have an opinion on it that they believe in or are they just waiting for Dyer and Crotty to go on celebrity politician boxing and wait to see who wins before they endorse whatever is there?

I think its because they know they'll make $ either way so they can care less where it is as long as the new arena is made. Of course this is just pure speculation but who really knows? Only they do. If its on Idrive, they'll get international fans to come more to games (tourists etc.), if its in downtown, it'll be easier for locals to visit games as it is a CENTRAL location for orlando residents. another benefit for it being in Idrive is the fact that tampa/lakeland area fans can also come to games as the drive would be 50min-1 hour which isn't too bad for crazy fans:)

I prefer it to be in downtown of course as it will boost the downtown redev projects.

I think its because they know they'll make $ either way so they can care less where it is as long as the new arena is made. Of course this is just pure speculation but who really knows? Only they do. If its on Idrive, they'll get international fans to come more to games (tourists etc.), if its in downtown, it'll be easier for locals to visit games as it is a CENTRAL location for orlando residents. another benefit for it being in Idrive is the fact that tampa/lakeland area fans can also come to games as the drive would be 50min-1 hour which isn't too bad for crazy fans:)

I prefer it to be in downtown of course as it will boost the downtown redev projects.

Amen brother

you're a freakin' genius. museum. what a great idea.

seriously, they could gut the grandstands, take out the glass block, build up several levels inside of exhibits, use part of the existing concourses for lobby space, etc... it could work with the right planning.

I always thought that the O'rena would be perfect retrofit for the performing arts centre. I mean come on its like twice the size of the TBPAC and that’s awesome. They could have one huge theater and two smaller with some extra public space. Get rid of all those parking lots for one huge garage and build parks and retail all around a huge pedestrian only area.

But I hate to say it the decision has pretty much been made, they will tear down. I've seen plans with the whole area redone with grided streets and all.

As far as museums I always thought that Howard Middle school on Robinson would make an awesome natural history museum (with those great pillars and stairs at the front) and take that tacky sports field they use across the street and make a huge monument park or something hell maybe even another museum. Would be awesome but we need more public contributions/demand for such projects.

Edited by macrocosim144