Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

He signed the contract.

Of course he signed the contract. As I said, even as a Gator fan, I'm embarrased by this. But not only would a banning of the sort you suggest not stand up in court, it would also make the Magic look like complete a$$eS.

Of course he signed the contract. As I said, even as a Gator fan, I'm embarrased by this. But not only would a banning of the sort you suggest not stand up in court, it would also make the Magic look like complete a$$eS.

They already look foolish. After Fran Vaszquez now this? He signed a contract to be a Magic employee for 5 years, now it does no one any benefit to Billy coach a team he doesn't want to, but this is going to harm the Magic.

Some will say it makes Donovan look bad, I say it makes him look like a genius. He's probably going to get a bigger offer from UF now.

With contracts for services, you can't force the party charged to perform-- only $$$ damages is the remedy. plus, there's a 3 day right of recission in Florida. everyone seems to overlook this point.

if the Magic hire Van Gundy, once the NBA season begins, noone will remember the name Donovan... until college hoops begin, that is. besides, Van Gundy would be a better hire anyway.

the Magic do look foolish. why would they go for a college coach when there are so many seasoned NBA coaches out there? It's like drafting European players when there are way better American athletes. The Magic are just flat out idiots always making idiot moves.

And with the limited time for the offer to Donovan... what did they expect--- he's been at UF for 12 years and his family is there and they have the audacity to pressure him into a snap decision just like that? Noone in their right mind would say no to that kind of $$$. They had no business going after him in the first place, like I said.

Like I said before, hiring him was not a good faith effort to win, it was a PR move to get more support from the fans who like Donovan and to secure season ticket sales under the notion that they were making the right moves or whatever to show that they deserved a new arena.

keeping him from coaching for 5 years in the NCAA? Why?

the only benefit to him backing out and staying at UF is that he is indirectly sending a message to players and recruits that being at UF means something, even when there's buku $$$ on the table.

As for his call to Foley, what is Foley supposed to do, call block Donovan's cell number now that he's left? What's Foley supposed to tell him..."sorry, Billy, get a lawyer and get out of your contract before I can talk to you"?

With contracts for services, you can't force the party charged to perform-- only $$$ damages is the remedy. plus, there's a 3 day right of recission in Florida. everyone seems to overlook this point.

if the Magic hire Van Gundy, once the NBA season begins, noone will remember the name Donovan... until college hoops begin, that is. besides, Van Gundy would be a better hire anyway.

the Magic do look foolish. why would they go for a college coach when there are so many seasoned NBA coaches out there? It's like drafting European players when there are way better American athletes. The Magic are just flat out idiots always making idiot moves.

And with the limited time for the offer to Donovan... what did they expect--- he's been at UF for 12 years and his family is there and they have the audacity to pressure him into a snap decision just like that? Noone in their right mind would say no to that kind of $$$. They had no business going after him in the first place, like I said.

Like I said before, hiring him was not a good faith effort to win, it was a PR move to get more support from the fans who like Donovan and to secure season ticket sales under the notion that they were making the right moves or whatever to show that they deserved a new arena.

keeping him from coaching for 5 years in the NCAA? Why?

the only benefit to him backing out and staying at UF is that he is indirectly sending a message to players and recruits that being at UF means something, even when there's buku $$$ on the table.

As for his call to Foley, what is Foley supposed to do, call block Donovan's cell number now that he's left? What's Foley supposed to tell him..."sorry, Billy, get a lawyer and get out of your contract before I can talk to you"?

I'm not taking a position on the rest of the arguing going on here, but it's flat out foolish to blame the Magic for Donovan's decision to accept the contract. It's not like we're talking about some 18, 19, 20 year old kid out of high school or college. We're talking about a 40something year old guy who played in the NBA and has been coaching for over a decade. If he had any doubt in his mind, he shouldn't have signed a contract. He's an adult. The Magic may or may not have hired him for the right reasons, it may or may not have been a good move, but Donovan is the only one responsible for him signing the contract.

I'm not taking a position on the rest of the arguing going on here, but it's flat out foolish to blame the Magic for Donovan's decision to accept the contract. It's not like we're talking about some 18, 19, 20 year old kid out of high school or college. We're talking about a 40something year old guy who played in the NBA and has been coaching for over a decade. If he had any doubt in his mind, he shouldn't have signed a contract. He's an adult. The Magic may or may not have hired him for the right reasons, it may or may not have been a good move, but Donovan is the only one responsible for him signing the contract.

I am only replying to you for replying's sake. it looks better than a naked post.

to touch on what I said earlier about the Magic making boneheaded moves... take Brian Hill. Prime example. They hired him- why? To take fans back to a better time when Penny and Shaq were on the team and we were juggernauts, and not b/c he was a good coach. It was a PR move to sell tickets. They hired and fired Hill and tried to replicate that move with Billy D.

I wonder how many Bull Gators are season ticket holders and how much influence they have vs. the Magic if they try to sue under the K.

part of me thinks his attorney pressured him to sign b/c his fee would go up substantially, but then Billy had a change of heart b/c it's not what he truly wanted, or, who the hec knows...

But my point again is that if we had an NBA organization that truly knew how to manage a team and it's affairs, this wouldn't have happened in the first place. But b/c they suck, they are making rash moves and getting rash results and are screwing it up for everyone else.

I'm a Gator and I'm biased. But I know for a fact there's no way they would have given Donovan the power he needed to make the right personnel changes and the end result would be simply, the Magic would still stink and Donovan would get fired, return to the NCAA, and probably coach at another rival school. If the Magic were a reputable organization, I wouldn't be so harsh, but b/c they are who they are, I'm glad Billy backed out of the deal. THe only downside is that the Magic are my (our) NBA team.

But my point again is that if we had an NBA organization that truly knew how to manage a team and it's affairs, this wouldn't have happened in the first place. But b/c they suck, they are making rash moves and getting rash results and are screwing it up for everyone else.

I'm a Gator and I'm biased. But I know for a fact there's no way they would have given Donovan the power he needed to make the right personnel changes and the end result would be simply, the Magic would still stink and Donovan would get fired, return to the NCAA, and probably coach at another rival school. If the Magic were a reputable organization, I wouldn't be so harsh, but b/c they are who they are, I'm glad Billy backed out of the deal. THe only downside is that the Magic are my (our) NBA team.

So...you are not explaining why they "suck" you are using it as an explanation for your comment. Then informing us of your assumption of a future that will never be realized (also based that the Magic "suck")

THANK you for your quality post!

(You didn't need to explicitly state that your "a Gator and [your] biased" we already could interpret that)

So...you are not explaining why they "suck" you are using it as an explanation for your comment. Then informing us of your assumption of a future that will never be realized (also based that the Magic "suck")

THANK you for your quality post!

(You didn't need to explicitly state that your "a Gator and [your] biased" we already could interpret that)

look at the first sentence of my post that you quoted. if that's not clarification enough as to why they "suck", then I don't know what to tell you. besides, look at my preceding posts as well for more insight.

for the record, I'm thru with the Magic bashing... I've moved on.

Edited by JRS1

look at the first sentence of my post that you quoted. if that's not clarification enough as to why they "suck", then I don't know what to tell you. besides, look at my preceding posts as well for more insight.

yes, this really needs to get back to topic.

You first say they make rash moves because the suck ... and when asked why they suck you reply because they make rash moves. Totally confused.

Well is this good or bad news for these three venues as far as the tax cut goes? I know they were waiting on what the tax break would be before going ahead. :blush:

"Sen. Daniel Webster, R-Winter Garden, said Friday that lawmakers have agreed on a $30 billion, five-year property-tax cutting plan going into next week

wow. two new leagues trying to tap into the NFLs market at the same time. will they ever learn???

imho, orlando is only gonna be a laughing stock to the rest of the country by going down this road again. if we wanna be in the same calaber as the Little Rocks and the Davenport Iowa's, then lets keep trying this crap.

no offense to anyone from those two cities. i'm sure they are fine municipalities. :shades:

besides, i don't think i could handle another team with neon green jerseys with purple and gold trim. :sick: