Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

wow. two new leagues trying to tap into the NFLs market at the same time. will they ever learn???

imho, orlando is only gonna be a laughing stock to the rest of the country by going down this road again. if we wanna be in the same calaber as the Little Rocks and the Davenport Iowa's, then lets keep trying this crap.

no offense to anyone from those two cities. i'm sure they are fine municipalities. :shades:

besides, i don't think i could handle another team with neon green jerseys with purple and gold trim. :sick:

Right on! Besides we already have enough for the beer and pretzel crowd! We need a world class PAC. We need reall mass transit. Screw sports! :P

wow. two new leagues trying to tap into the NFLs market at the same time. will they ever learn???

imho, orlando is only gonna be a laughing stock to the rest of the country by going down this road again. if we wanna be in the same calaber as the Little Rocks and the Davenport Iowa's, then lets keep trying this crap.

no offense to anyone from those two cities. i'm sure they are fine municipalities. :shades:

besides, i don't think i could handle another team with neon green jerseys with purple and gold trim. :sick:

not that this would happen again, but remember when ATL's IHL team converted to NHL when the IHL went under? I don't recall the circumstances why, but, I don't know, maybe getting like a WFL team again might show that there's enough support for that when expansion comes knocking on the door.

not that this would happen again, but remember when ATL's IHL team converted to NHL when the IHL went under? I don't recall the circumstances why, but, I don't know, maybe getting like a WFL team again might show that there's enough support for that when expansion comes knocking on the door.

true, but atlanta is a proven sports town.

Actually, the Atlanta IHL Team (Knights) moved to Quebec when the Thrashers came to town as an expansion NHL team kicking them out of the arena. The Solar Bears were actually affiliated with the Thrashers towrds the end.

• 2 weeks later...

i don't understand why the people working on the OPAC don't release some renderings or better plans to try and increase the hype behind this project. i'd imagine buddy dyer would appreciate it also.

I suspect is that they haven't gone into detailed design because the project hasn't been approved. That's a big chunk of change to start spending without approval.

i don't understand why the people working on the OPAC don't release some renderings or better plans to try and increase the hype behind this project. i'd imagine buddy dyer would appreciate it also.

Maybe they can hire Steve Jobs as a consultant. Wait maybe that's not such a good idea, we may end up with the iOPAC.

The Magic has selected HOK to design the arena.

HOK is one of the leading sports venue designers in America these days. They have designed Philips Arena (Atlanta), Pepsi Center (Denver), and locally UCF's new arena.

Most their work has come from baseball, but they have built the "modern gems" like AT&T Park (San Fran), PNC (Pittsburgh) and Camden Yards (Baltimore)

If you want to see some of their work. http://www.hoksport.com/projects/index.html#

Reminder, this all means nothing if the vote doesn't pass, so if you haven't sent letters to the commissioners and would like to visit orlando-arena.blogspot.com for a prewritten form and addresses (email and snail) of the commissioners. Every voice counts!

If they dont pass it, Orlando will be one of the most backward city in the country. The light rail and maybe now this...

Negative much?

Besides, this is all a move to get the Magic to pitch in more cash. And when push comes to shove, the Magic aren't going to abandon Orlando. Not for Kansas City, or whichever flavor or the month metro is said to be clamoring for an NBA franchise. Florida has the growth, and few places in Florida are growing as fast as Orlando. The Magic know this, and they'll pony up at the last minute.

The deal will happen. These things will get built, there will just be a lot of hand wringing and political histrionics along the way.

so if the votes doesnt past, we will never have all 3 new venues?

I wouldn't say "never" but we won't have a basketball team to play in a new arena, and we might be looking at a lower rung bowl game(s), and Live Nation might leave some shows out of Orlando off the broadway tour.

Negative much?

Besides, this is all a move to get the Magic to pitch in more cash. And when push comes to shove, the Magic aren't going to abandon Orlando. Not for Kansas City, or whichever flavor or the month metro is said to be clamoring for an NBA franchise. Florida has the growth, and few places in Florida are growing as fast as Orlando. The Magic know this, and they'll pony up at the last minute.

The deal will happen. These things will get built, there will just be a lot of hand wringing and political histrionics along the way.

I thought that for awhile. 19th best TV market, control of Tampa's TV market 12th, some of Jacksonville's. I believe that is the big reason the Magic have remained here while most professional franchises would have uprooted by now.

I really believe that if this vote doesn't go through the Magic will start looking elsewhere.

I wouldn't say "never" but we won't have a basketball team to play in a new arena, and we might be looking at a lower rung bowl game(s), and Live Nation might leave some shows out of Orlando off the broadway tour.

I thought that for awhile. 19th best TV market, control of Tampa's TV market 12th, some of Jacksonville's. I believe that is the big reason the Magic have remained here while most professional franchises would have uprooted by now.

I really believe that if this vote doesn't go through the Magic will start looking elsewhere.

So do i>we will go back to being the town that Mickey built.Just think and old arena that only the preds will use.