Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

Slimeball is an understatement for this shady businessman. He has brought a lot of low wage paying jobs to Orange County and made a crap load of money doing it. Hey Rosen, how about some pride for the city that you have helped built? How about giving something back? If the commisioners dont pass this it will be a huge step back and i can see a lot of the forward thinking people leaving this city. I am sorry if it sound slike i am rambling but i am very disgusted abotu this news.

What Harris has is money, and Theresa Jacobs wants to be OC mayor so bad she can taste it - watch what Theresa does on the 26th. Harris knows the power of the tourism industry is less than it once was (other segments of the economy are finally catching up and influencing the local pols), and he has enjoyed being the stud duck of the tourism corridor for the last 20 years or so. Harris will not go quietly.

Rosen reminds me of Chuck Dolan who owns Cablevision in NY. He singlehandedly killed the proposed Jets Stadium on the upper west side of Manhattan which was also going to be used for the olympics if NYC got them because it would take business away from Madison Square Garden which he owns. He had a bunch of politicians in his pocket who killed the stadium and screwed NYC for their own gains.

Orlando Citrus Sports will be announcing today 7/19/07 at 2:00 that they have signed a contract with Notre Dame to play at the Citrus Bowl.

Rumors are that they will be playing FSU.

Thats what I posted the other day, I had heard it through a good source. However, not sure if maybe he was confused because both were signing contracts.

Either way it's a nice deal.

They are repeating this same rumor on the FSU message boards as well...As an FSU fan, this would be awesome!! On the other hand, maybe this is just an attempt on the part of the citrus bowl to float a rumor about what is possible post renovation to make sure that they do not get left out of the funding vote..

They are repeating this same rumor on the FSU message boards as well...As an FSU fan, this would be awesome!! On the other hand, maybe this is just an attempt on the part of the citrus bowl to float a rumor about what is possible post renovation to make sure that they do not get left out of the funding vote..

now I'm hearing that the Pro-Bowl is expressing interest.

I've always thought the Pro Bowl should be in Orlando.

*We have great weather

*We have enough hotel rooms, and soon enough quality hotel rooms downtown to accomodate everyone

*We're smack in the middle of 3 NFL teams

*We're quickly becoming a mid-market city

*We're a mid market city without an NFL team

*It would be a great advertisement for our city

The only downside is I don't think we have enough strip clubs to support the Pro Bowl game.

I've always thought the Pro Bowl should be in Orlando.

*We have great weather

*We have enough hotel rooms, and soon enough quality hotel rooms downtown to accomodate everyone

*We're smack in the middle of 3 NFL teams

*We're quickly becoming a mid-market city

*We're a mid market city without an NFL team

*It would be a great advertisement for our city

The only downside is I don't think we have enough strip clubs to support the Pro Bowl game.

May we can get Minny Mouse to strip for PAC MAN Jones, he ll make it RAIN.

or Rosen (Hotel Sluttt) will do it for singles.

IS the citrus bowl able to hold an NFL crowd? It looks too old and in bad shape. How nice can the renos make it?

It does look old but the 200M replaces everything below the pressbox from scratch. So that's 50K plus brand new stands and seats. Only the 3rd tier above the pressbox will be rehabed. They aren't nearly as old ... and definitely less used.