Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

the orlando sentinel should do a poll:

one very simple question:

"should the county commission vote to use the remaining half penny tax for our roads, police, and fire?"

when you see a overwhelming majority of the orlando population vote "yes", everyone will have now have a reason why the orlando/orange county public shouldnt vote. THEY ARE UNINFORMED OF HOW THE MONEY CAN BE USED and harris rosen loves the fact that they are.

Yeah, I agree, there is so much misinformation out there spread by those with their own agenda (Rosen) that a public vote really doesn't make since. The public has already voted for commissioners to make informed decisions. The FL legislature decides on billions of appropriations without additional public votes. That's how our government works. I'd be more inclined to have a public vote if the ones voting were the ones paying the tax. But they aren't. We didn't have a public vote when they applied the first 5 cent tax for the covention center that made Rosen FILTHY RICH. But now that 1/2 of 1 percent of the additional tax might not put bucks into his pocket he wants to spread his lies then have a public vote.

Edited by cwetteland

If you haven't yet, go to www.projecthometown.com and click on "how can I help". Send an email to Mayor Crotty and all of the County commissioners in support of the Downtown Venues. then tell everyone you know to do the same before Thursday.

Here, I'll help you. Just cut and paste the email addresses and send a quick message stating that you would like to see the venues built -DOWNTOWN! If you care to go all out - elaborate for a sec as to why. It wont hurt!

Orange County Mayor

Richard Crotty

407-836-7370

[email protected]

Commissioner, District 1

Teresa Jacobs

407-836-7312

[email protected]

Commissioner, District 2

Fred Brummer

407-836-5919

[email protected]

Commissioner, District 3

Mildred Fernandez

407-836-5140

[email protected]

Commissioner, District 4

Linda Stewart

407-836-5881

[email protected]

Commissioner, District 5

Bill Segal

407-836-7362

[email protected]

Commissioner, District 6

Tiffany Moore

407-836-5860

[email protected]

I was in chambers last evening for the events and the votes. Obviously Phil Diamond was the only hold out, but that was expected. I give a hats off to the folks at city hall and the various chairmen and support staff of these venues, they spoke on the issues quite well and had all supporting back up for any and all "what if" situations. It should be noted that there are currently 11 seperate contributing sources of revenue to help keep the operations afloat both during construction and during regular day to day operations. God forbid there was another national disaster such as a 9-11, the funds that would be needed to sustain these venues has already been designated.

At the county level, I believe that it will go with only one vote against the venues. My sources are telling me that there are only two possible swing voters, and to my relief Crotty is not one of them. It has also been brought to my attention that Mr. Crotty has voiced, in rescent days, his distain towards Mr. Rosens possible litigation that he is planning and otherwise seems to be leaning very heavily towards the direction of Downtown ORLANDO. In any case, the worse scenario possible is that the county will disaprove the funds (not likely) and the issue then goes to the people for voting.

All in all I feel very comfortable with the events taking place this week. I have a very strong tie to the city government and some fairly strong relations at the county level. My gut tells me that we will have no additional road blocks to stop this process. In the process of the city and county doing their due diligence I was asked to prepare for our officials different scenarios that outline in great detail the financial affects, that prolonging the vote will have. The emphasis of which is to point out the financial damages as a result of delay that will be incurred from a development perspective. The results of which are dire and clearly highlight the need for swift and effective action. In the meantime everyone please write to your commisioners letting them know what you, the people think. I am also prepared if the vote goes to the city, a donation to help bring the the truth to the people. I believe that it is important for voters to know the truth, and if need be we will bring it directly to them.

A great city makes one or two different descisions in its infancy that directly carve out the roads to progress and lead to great futures, this is one of them.

Edited by orlandonative

Wow, some great insight!

Any legs to the idea that Teresa Jacobs wants to suggest spinning the Citrus Bowl rehab out of the picture, deffering to a later time? And what of the comissioner that won't vote yes without a green commitment?

I saw a clip of an interview with commissioner Brummer last night, and it was downright funny. I wish I could find text of it, but he was ranting about the City Hall and New Courthouse projects and "unsafe multilevel parking garages". It sounds like Mr. Brummer needs to get out of Apopka a bit more.

Edited by Tim3167

Any legs to the idea that Teresa Jacobs wants to suggest spinning the Citrus Bowl rehab out of the picture, deffering to a later time? And what of the comissioner that won't vote yes without a green commitment?

Whether it was to sabotage the project from the beggining or just genuine interest in doing the project correctly, Mr Crotty has continued to maintain his position that it's either all three venues or nothing at all. I believe mention of excluding the Citrus Bowl will be made, however I am inclined to think that the proposal to do so will fall short of execution. Part of my analysis went into great detail regarding the financial benefits towards building all three at once. However, my analysis was bi-partisan so I recoginized both scenarios. I truly believe that we need to include the bowl while the money is available and I hope that they agree.

the orlando slantinel mysteriously pulled the story and pdf file showing that the majority of people want the venues. i guess harris rosen contacted them that he felt the poll was biased because it informed the people that the tourist taxes by law cannot be used for education, police, roads, etc before they answered any poll questions.

the orlando slantinel mysteriously pulled the story and pdf file showing that the majority of people want the venues. i guess harris rosen contacted them that he felt the poll was biased because it informed the people that the tourist taxes by law cannot be used for education, police, roads, etc before they answered any poll questions.

WKMG Reported results of a independant poll ... of 600+ Orange residences ... 51% yes 39% no. Also 66% downtown 22% I Drive.

WKMG also has there own hotbutton poll which had no slightly leading.

WKMG Reported results of a independant poll ... of 600+ Orange residences ... 51% yes 39% no. Also 66% downtown 22% I Drive.

WKMG also has there own hotbutton poll which had no slightly leading.

they need to put it up on their website. i wish i saved the pdf address of the poll before the slantinel pulled it. i would think that this would be BIG news, but they are like usual selecting only negative stories to hype.

if anybody has the poll address, email it to the county commissioners (not that they wouldnt already know about this poll.... but who know what kind of hypnosis rosen has them under).

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/opinio...0,2613728.story

fellas, im feeling a little better after reading this. THANK YOU DISNEY and i take back the moaning i did when you were reluctant to announce your contribution to the PAC.

hypocrite rosen is a powerful greedy hotelier that has his grubby fingers all over OUR orange county tax dollars, but he is no match for disney. the elephant will win in any match against a hyena.

BRAVO DISNEY!!!!!

Ever notice that no matter where you go, there's a small yet vocal segment of the population that's against everything? I think the debates over how these things will be paid for are valid. But it often feels that most of the opponents to the venues plan oppose it because, well, they just oppose everything. Weird.

Edited by FLClarkKent

Ever notice that no matter where you go, there's a small yet vocal segment of the population that's against everything? I think the debates over how these things will be paid for are valid. But it often feels that most of the opponents to the venues plan oppose it because, well, they just oppose everything. Weird.

bingo, took the words right out of my mouth

A large percentage of the opposers do so just because. But a good number have their legitimate reasons. And it is bacause of them, if this deal is done, it will be crafted to make to most financial and economic sense.

Edited by jack

New arena might be win-win for Magic

In addition to having a new facility to play in, a study suggests the team's record could improve as well.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-...,0,845074.story

---------------------------------------------

If the venues project is approved, Orlando can pursue a wish list of major sporting events

By Tim Stephens and Mike Huguenin {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writers

July 25, 2007

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-...0,7597558.story

-----------------------------------------------

Anxious Magic sweeten pot

Team agrees to fund community gyms, be eco-friendly

David Damron and Mark Schlueb {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writers

July 25, 2007

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/community/n...rl_tab01_layout