Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

What is pine hills population anyway's.

41,764 (year 2000)

Median resident age: 30.0 years

Median household income: $33,455 (year 2000)

Median house value: $79,800 (year 2000)

Races in Pine Hills:

* Black (51.4%)

* White Non-Hispanic (27.8%)

* Hispanic (14.1%)

* Other race (5.9%)

* Two or more races (5.6%)

* Vietnamese (1.5%)

* Asian Indian (0.9%)

* American Indian (0.7%)

(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)

Ancestries: West Indian (17.1%), United States (6.7%), German (4.8%), Irish (4.2%), English (3.9%), Subsaharan African (2.3%).

For population 25 years and over in Pine Hills

* High school or higher: 71.2%

* Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.5%

* Graduate or professional degree: 3.1%

* Unemployed: 7.1%

* Mean travel time to work: 28.8 minutes

For population 15 years and over in Pine Hills CDP

* Never married: 32.1%

* Now married: 47.1%

* Separated: 4.2%

* Widowed: 5.3%

* Divorced: 11.2%

22.5% Foreign born (19.6% Latin America).

Is it my fault you can't come to grips with Parramore's potential?

I think it begins with a bulldozer.....a very large yellow bulldozer

I think it begins with a bulldozer.....a very large yellow bulldozer

I agree with some of this. 440 ft appears to be the limit or close to the FAA's current approval height for anything before I-4. I-4, Hughey, and Garland are about a city block long. That block which obviously cannot be built upon would be the 500-550 ft zone (just guessing here). If the ramping up continues, doesn't that just logically mean that anything that would be taller, say 600-800 ft, would have to go over in the Parramore district?

I wouldn't doze the entire area, though.

Could it have been possible thought that maybe it was just curiosity for a new player? Hispanic or not.

That is possible if the new player looked like Shaquille O'Neal or was known for winning the NCAA championship (Jordan) or was a full grown man-child at 18 (LeBron James). These don't spring up everywhere.

Heck, how many people flocked to see the NCAA National Player of the Year (Jameer Nelson)? He is still underutilized by the Magic. The guy is a much better team player than Steve Francis could ever aspire to be, yet remained on the bench most of the time. I guess it's better to keep higher paid players on the court instead of winning games.

That is possible if the new player looked like Shaquille O'Neal or was known for winning the NCAA championship (Jordan) or was a full grown man-child at 18 (LeBron James). These don't spring up everywhere.

Heck, how many people flocked to see the NCAA National Player of the Year (Jameer Nelson)? He is still underutilized by the Magic. The guy is a much better team player than Steve Francis could ever aspire to be, yet remained on the bench most of the time. I guess it's better to keep higher paid players on the court instead of winning games.

oh wait I guess I was wrong, I was informed by some friends of mine that were at yesterdays game that there were flags everywhere. I think it's so funny.

Well, he'll be in the starting lineup when he comes back. With Francis gone, part of me is hoping they get a high draft pick instead of winning.

I think the increased site hits were simply because of the trade... any trade would have done. I don't think it's because it included Arroyo. He wasn't even the main attraction.

• 2 months later...

Some more wrangling over funding. I just hope this getting us closer to securing funding.

Crotty wants Dyer to kill off the Downtown CRA fund (Community Redevelopment Agency) as part of deal to get peice of tourist tax for PAC, new Arena, and Citrus Bowl renovation. The CRA has been the source of funding downtown development incentive packages during our downtown building boom.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/orl-fa...-news-headlines

I just think Crotty is out of line...

Hotel tax needs to be used for the PAC, arena and citrus bowl despite the CRA, or the opposition from the hotelers.

Crotty has too much power. I wonder is there any other counties in Florida act the same way.

Crotty has too much power. I wonder is there any other counties in Florida act the same way.

Miami-Dade

------------------------------

About someone wondering what the PAC will look like. Orlando always copies what other cities have done. In Orlando, what we consider thinking outside the box is looking into someone else's box. I'm sure it's going to look like a miniature PAC of one that is already out there.

THey need to be careful not to jeopardize the CRA money... I don't want to see this city going backwards.

However, once these projects get done in 2 years, that could increase the present amount of tax $$$ by at least 1/3 or more, I figure.

They will not do away with the CRA. What a ridiculous idea. Crotty hords the hotel tax revenue and wants to do away with the one thing that pumps money into downtown? What a douchebag.

There is probably going to have to be a compromise somewhere, and hopefully not as much money will be needed to lure developers downtown now. They might need to subsidizing some condos so people can afford them however....

Anyway, didn't they create the CRA by capping property tax at the amount collected the year it was started, then any increase goes to the city? Maybe it's time for another cap...

There is probably going to have to be a compromise somewhere, and hopefully not as much money will be needed to lure developers downtown now. They might need to subsidizing some condos so people can afford them however....

Anyway, didn't they create the CRA by capping property tax at the amount collected the year it was started, then any increase goes to the city? Maybe it's time for another cap...

They should be throwing more money into downtown, not capping anything.

They should be throwing more money into downtown, not capping anything.

AHHHHHHH---greeeeeeeeeeeed.

You know, this CRA talk might disuade future developers from pursuing projects;

Citrus Bowl, PAC, and O-Rena. at least they are downtown or close-in.

"AHHHHHHH---greeeeeeeeeeeed."

Not greed, reality. Orlando has one of the most grossly underfunded downtowns for a metro its size. If we want to reverse all the mistakes this city has made in such a short time, the future must lie solely in downtown. Let developers do what they want to the tourist areas (within restrictions) but there is simply no need to pump money into an area that can, and should sustain itself.

"You know, this CRA talk might disuade future developers from pursuing projects;"

How so? Look at the importance of the CRA in the past three years alone.

"Citrus Bowl, PAC, and O-Rena. at least they are downtown or close-in."

Just because we do, must we expect any less?

Edited by prahaboheme

My sources tell me that Crotty did not say it. It was a low level staffer. The CRA is not going anywhere. Parramore is still blighted and they cannot do away with the CRA until all of downtown is not blighted.

My sources tell me that Crotty did not say it. It was a low level staffer. The CRA is not going anywhere. Parramore is still blighted and they cannot do away with the CRA until all of downtown is not blighted.

I agree with all of you guys about this tourist tax thing.imo the problems isnt so much with crotty as it is with the big hotel owners like rosen and all those people.He thinks that none of the tax money should be spent on downtown orlando.He and his buddies want all the money for advertisement and the convention center.Now all that said how does any of those things benefit any of us poor folk that live here and only want to enjoy some of the venues we have and need updated or a new one.I dont help him out at all.

I agree with all of you guys about this tourist tax thing.imo the problems isnt so much with crotty as it is with the big hotel owners like rosen and all those people.He thinks that none of the tax money should be spent on downtown orlando.He and his buddies want all the money for advertisement and the convention center.Now all that said how does any of those things benefit any of us poor folk that live here and only want to enjoy some of the venues we have and need updated or a new one.I dont help him out at all.

Yes, but Rosen owns hotels not Orlando. In reality (even if life rarely resembles it) Rosen has no right to oversee the distribution of the hotel tax revenue.

Yes, but Rosen owns hotels not Orlando. In reality (even if life rarely resembles it) Rosen has no right to oversee the distribution of the hotel tax revenue.

As someone quoted in the Sentinel said (maybe Mel Martinez?), he has as much say as to how that money is spent as the manager of a 7-11 as to how their sales tax receipts are spent. Which ain't much.