Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

Excerpt from the Sentinel article:

Meanwhile, an Orange County advisory board OK'd the spending of tourist taxes on the arts center and Citrus Bowl in a 7-1 vote Wednesday. The lone dissenting vote on the Tourist Development Council, International Drive hotel magnate Harris Rosen, said he might challenge the venues deal in court.

Taxpayers "deserve the right to have a say" through a voter referendum, said Rosen, who once sued the county over its bid to lure pro baseball to the area.

One word: Geez!

No. If the result of todays vote goes to a 4-3 split, the issue of all three goes directly to the people. Currently, there is no written or otherwise approved plan to split the venues.

For those not able to attend this afternoon, it appears that orlandosentinel.com will carry streaming coverage as the discussions takes place.

Excerpt from the Sentinel article:

Meanwhile, an Orange County advisory board OK'd the spending of tourist taxes on the arts center and Citrus Bowl in a 7-1 vote Wednesday. The lone dissenting vote on the Tourist Development Council, International Drive hotel magnate Harris Rosen, said he might challenge the venues deal in court.

Taxpayers "deserve the right to have a say" through a voter referendum, said Rosen, who once sued the county over its bid to lure pro baseball to the area.

One word: Geez!

when did this go down with MLB? what an ass.

good news, O'Native. I'll put my money on a 5-2.

when did this go down with MLB? what an ass.

good news, O'Native. I'll put my money on a 5-2.

The 5th cent of the resort tax went to attract a MLB team to Orlando - Linda Chapin was county chair at the time and Glenda Hood was the Orlando mayor. If I recall correctly, we lost out to St. Pete. The stadium was supposed to be built on the east side of the Citrus Bowl, I think (this seems like ancient history now). Once it was clear there was to be no baseball for us, the 5th cent was used for the last expansion of OCCC.

wow

what a rollar coaster ride

and it all comes down to this....the suspense is killing me

if this thing passes, I vote for celebration beer downtown

and just a random thought, in regards to a defining feature, wouldnt it be neat to have an obelisk in front of the OPAC as romans often did with their ancient theatres......just a random thought i figured Id throw out there

DSC01806.jpg

gah, and the streaming is not working for me, can anyone update occasionally whats going on in there....on here