Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

Although the Sentinel article today made it sound as though nothing will be ready until 2012.

I think this is a good thing

By the time everything is finishing up construction and readying to open, the real estate market will be turned around and a whole new group of investors wil be lining up to invest in downtown

It's all coming together nicely, get ready for more to come

The new arena will cost 480 million. I think I read a while back that it will be the 2nd most expensive arena ever built behind the Staples Center at 485 million. Anyone know if the PAC will be the most expensive ever built? I know we have all been saying this the last few days, but think of the growth potential due to these projects. The prospect is mind staggering.

i think that either Jacksonville or Tampa Bay would have to lose their NFL team first before Orlando is considered a viable option for an NFL franchise. Even if that happens, the Citrus Bowl upgrades probably would not be up to NFL standards. It might host NFL exhibition games, another World Cup, and hopefully an SEC bowl. However, for the love of God, PLEASE, no more Monster Truck Superbowls!!!

Wow...I just looked up all of the arenas in the NBA and this is by far the most expensive, if my information isnt wrong, the staples center cost $375 million, most new arenas are in the 200 million range. I dont know why its so outragously expensive, with that much money you would think we would get more than 18,500 seats!??!!?

Wow...I just looked up all of the arenas in the NBA and this is by far the most expensive, if my information isnt wrong, the staples center cost $375 million, most new arenas are in the 200 million range. I dont know why its so outragously expensive, with that much money you would think we would get more than 18,500 seats!??!!?

Close.... but American Airlines Center in Dallas was more expensive than Staples, coming in at $412MM - $125MM of which was publicly funded.

Construction costs have skyrocketed in the past few years. This would've been significantly cheaper 5 years ago.

just curious.....if we were to ever get an NFL team, would we have to undergo yet another stadium renovation, or would "up to standards" be adequate enough for the NFL?

If we ever landed an NFL team ( not bloody likely ) the stadium would indeed have to go through a much larger scale renovation

If they were to hypothetically do a full renovation right now to NFL standards today, it would need to be around a $350 million project, double what they are going to get

It's the only way to fully make the stadium stand out and be spectacular

I agree with the other post, we will not get an NFL team unless the Bucs or Jags move here

Very unlikely an out of state team like the Saints will move here which will leave Florida with 4 pro teams

The NFL will never create an expansion team for us

I agree it is mostly based on construction costs have skyrocketed in the past 2 years ( thank you very much Dubai and China )

But also bear in mind the fact that almonst every single metropolitan area has built a new arena in the past 15 years, whether they have an anchor sporting tenant or not

Everyone has seen these new arenas and the next city tries to top it

I believe strongly that the Magic and Orlando in general are looking to build the arena to end all arenas

It will be huge and amazing looking

High construction costs have contributed but I am sure they are looking to dazzle and pull out all their tricks to do so

High construction costs aside, this is a proposal that has been estimated with contingencies for not only the higher costs but also for costs escalations that might take place. It will be interesting to see what the final GMP number is for this project and if the Magic's cost over run plan will cover the difference.

The Buccaneers have one of the most respected stadiums in the NFL.

The Dolphins also have a respected, large and modern stadium.

The Jaguars have a fairly new and modern stadium.

The Dolphins are like a city institution and part of the cities life, so the Dolphins for sure are never moving, the Bucs also have a huge loyal fanbase and part of the cities identity just like the Dolphins.

And the Dolphins have one of the best attendance in the NFL and the Bucs and Jags are right in the middle of bunch with good attendance.

So the chances of a NFL team moving to Orlando very unlikely, very much less likley are the chances of expansion team coming here.

Baseball? Very unlikely, unless the Rays move, but really doubt they'll move a couple of miles north, but hey you never know.

Hockey, really dont know much but having Tampa so close does hurt Orlandos chance of getting an NHL team.