Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

I think it will be difficult to convert the Orena into theatre since the sound system will be a major challenge. The Bob Carr should be kept for UCF.

I am more incline to see they convert the Orena into a big name museum and develop the parking into an urban park extend all the way to the lake. But they are not going to do this because Dyer depend on the money for the new arena.

PAC should be put somewhere between the new arena and the Citru bowl to remove another big junk of Parramore. It also gives more room for other side projects to develop. Surronding area at the current purpose site do not give any rooms for other developments.

The land for the propose PAC should be used to develop high rise and entertainment complex. Or put the PAC on pizzuti block to extend the downtown activitiy center.

But either how, I am glad that none of those gonna be built at I-drive.

I think it will be difficult to convert the Orena into theatre since the sound system will be a major challenge. The Bob Carr should be kept for UCF.

I am more incline to see they convert the Orena into a big name museum and develop the parking into an urban park extend all the way to the lake. But they are not going to do this because Dyer depend on the money for the new arena.

PAC should be put somewhere between the new arena and the Citru bowl to remove another big junk of Parramore. It also gives more room for other side projects to develop. Surronding area at the current purpose site do not give any rooms for other developments.

The land for the propose PAC should be used to develop high rise and entertainment complex. Or put the PAC on pizzuti block to extend the downtown activitiy center.

But either how, I am glad that none of those gonna be built at I-drive.

I agree, the current location of the PAC is not optimal. With the church building renovation completed, they will become a royal pain to deal with. For max impact, it should be close to the Events Center. Doesn't the city still own most of the land between South and Anderson just west of Division? I believe they were planning to put the Public Safety Complex at one point. Since that died, doesn't it make sense to consider putting the PAC there.

Seems this would have a massive impact on the area and if they 2-way both South and Anderson, this will spurt a lot of surrounding development. Nah....too logical. I wonder if the Mayor or the Commissioner's read this forum? ^_^

I think it will be difficult to convert the Orena into theatre since the sound system will be a major challenge.

Not a problem really. A challenge only if they try to do what they do at the Carr, "Hey, we're going to to redo the house system, and I got $20,000!"

Also I think the thrust of this guy's argument was the development of a theatre district. The Carr can still handle small to fair-sized footprint shows. It was renovated to handle Phantom after all, they just didn't expand past those requirements. I think Orlando could handle more than one full scale professional production choice at a time. It might also spur some development around the area with rehearsal studios, entertainment offices, scene shops and the like.

Edited by Boomer136

Actually I changed my mind, change the Orena into Orlando Convention Centre and directly compete with Orange County.

That's a good idea. You know OCCC is starting to act more and more greedy, like the $2.50 cokes on the concourse, nickle and diming every little thing. I think that's why you've seen a lot of hotels adding on big convention spaces.

I agree, the current location of the PAC is not optimal. With the church building renovation completed, they will become a royal pain to deal with. For max impact, it should be close to the Events Center. Doesn't the city still own most of the land between South and Anderson just west of Division? I believe they were planning to put the Public Safety Complex at one point. Since that died, doesn't it make sense to consider putting the PAC there.

Seems this would have a massive impact on the area and if they 2-way both South and Anderson, this will spurt a lot of surrounding development. Nah....too logical. I wonder if the Mayor or the Commissioner's read this forum? ^_^

Should be close to the events center? A few blocks isn't close enough? I think it's as close as it can be without creating an entire clusterf*ck any time the two venues would simultaneously have something going on. And it would be a huge acoustical problem for the PAC to be right next to the arena - the ground shakes when an arena is jamming. Concert halls rarely end up in the rowdiest part of town. I actually think having the PAC and arena at opposing ends of CSS creates a breeding ground for a great entertainment district connecting the two.

As far as taking the old arena and converting it - sure, if someone wants to create extra theater space out of it, but unless we want to further perpetuate our reputation as a culturally out of touch and tacky city, we need to be building a dazzling new PAC from the ground up.

I agree...I think the Parramore area would make for a great artist colony of sorts, for the eclectic that want to live downtown but don't have the bucks to do so. I'm not a fan of gentrification and I think pushing out everyone there in favor of the affluent isn't a great idea. Downtown Orlando also needs affordable housing too to keep things vibrant and diverse. I think you'll see the area gradually come around, but it needn't be glitzy, high end, etc.

Not trying to further to derail this topic, what I really like to see is that the city will bite to bullet and retain the entire Parramore, and transform it into a NYC Central Park-alike park. It will have museums, zoo and retain part of main street paramore within the park. Event center and the citrus bowl will anchor both side of the park. This will solve all the problems, and incresase the entire urban development boundary and encourage NY Park Avenue kind of development on the perimeter of the park, like a glorified Lake Eola Park.

A drastic change like that will be great for downtown but it will never happend.

Now go back to the PAC.

Crime and homeless problem will never be solved. It happends in every big cities. It is just that the local media choose to focus on it and broadcast it to everybody, same magnitude as the hurricance forcast or the 4 to 5 hours weather report during some storm that are not even close to Orlando. They can manipulate those statistics however they want and present it to you, like using population vs crime ratio.....

I dont really watch local news channel.

make the amway into an aquarium/zoo:)

Can't see an aquarium being built in Orlando. We already have SeaWorld. Yes, I know it's different. I've been to the Tampa aquarium a few times. It's nice and only 75 minutes away from downtown Orlando. Why duplicate something so close? The Tampa Aqaurium has really raised their prices over the years too. It use to be $7 or $8 bucks to get in when it opened, and free parking. Now it's $18.00 to get in and $5.00 to park for what is a three to four hour attraction. That's what they need to charge to stay open. With all the competition for the entertainment dollar in Orlando I just can't see an aquarium making it.

I agree, the current location of the PAC is not optimal. With the church building renovation completed, they will become a royal pain to deal with.

From what I know the PAC and First Methodist are nearing a deal.

A possible out come of the deal could be the following:

-the renovated building being torn down.

-a land swap that will move south street to the south.

-the large church building at south and Rosalind being torn down and a new building/buildings in its place. (not the sanctuary)

-the city will tear down the two old yellow brick buildings at south and magnolia and the church will build a large parking garage with the potential for a highrise to be built on top.

-The Church will maintain some sort of presence on the PAC complex.

From what I know the PAC and First Methodist are nearing a deal.

A possible out come of the deal could be the following:

-the renovated building being torn down.

-a land swap that will move south street to the south.

-the large church building at south and Rosalind being torn down and a new building/buildings in its place. (not the sanctuary)

-the city will tear down the two old yellow brick buildings at south and magnolia and the church will build a large parking garage with the potential for a highrise to be built on top.

-The Church will maintain some sort of presence on the PAC complex.

Wow....sounds costly and complicated.

Wouldn't it be easier to build it on a larger tract they already own 90% of? I am talking about the mostly vacant land between South and Anderson streets bounded by Division on the East and Terry Ave on the west. I believe this was pegged for the Public Safety Complex. This is closer to the new Events Center and would allow them to share a couple multi-level parking garages with street level commercial space and office/apartments above the garage.

It would also have more of an impact in terms of generating more private development around these two venues. The current locating is already surrounded by high rise development and will not generate further development around it.

Wendy Chioji reported on the news tonight that Harris Rosen's petition drive is for all intents & purposes DOA.

He needs like, 30,000 sigs before the end of November, and he's only got about 2,100 or so, and out of those only about 1,500 have been certified.

I think his website says something about having to have all signatures submitted by Oct. 31.

Sha-na-naaa-na

Sha-na-naaa-na

Hey hey hey....

Goooood-bye!!!!!!

Now if they can just get things straightened out with the money grubbing land owner.

Wendy Chioji reported on the news tonight that Harris Rosen's petition drive is for all intents & purposes DOA.

He needs like, 30,000 sigs before the end of November, and he's only got about 2,100 or so, and out of those only about 1,500 have been certified.

I think his website says something about having to have all signatures submitted by Oct. 31.

Sha-na-naaa-na

Sha-na-naaa-na

Hey hey hey....

Goooood-bye!!!!!!

Now if they can just get things straightened out with the money grubbing land owner.

I wish Rosen would say goodbye this guy dont give a damn about us poor folk here in this area

Not trying to further to derail this topic, what I really like to see is that the city will bite to bullet and retain the entire Parramore, and transform it into a NYC Central Park-alike park. It will have museums, zoo and retain part of main street paramore within the park. Event center and the citrus bowl will anchor both side of the park. This will solve all the problems, and incresase the entire urban development boundary and encourage NY Park Avenue kind of development on the perimeter of the park, like a glorified Lake Eola Park.

A drastic change like that will be great for downtown but it will never happend.

Now go back to the PAC.

Loch Haven Park is in the best position to evolve into a park of this nature. It's already close in and has plenty of acreage. If the city increased development density around there it would make a great sprawling urban zone from Florida Hospital to ORHS.

If it's true that Rosen's petition drive is on the ropes, where does that leave us now? Does the Florida Supreme Court decision impacting bonds still impact the PAC and Citrus Bowl projects. I know that there was some clarity around how it pertains to school districts but I'm still not clear if the bonds can be issued for these projects.

If it's true that Rosen's petition drive is on the ropes, where does that leave us now? Does the Florida Supreme Court decision impacting bonds still impact the PAC and Citrus Bowl projects. I know that there was some clarity around how it pertains to school districts but I'm still not clear if the bonds can be issued for these projects.

According to Mayanne Downs, there is apparently going to be more clarification coming from the Court, and the City apparently believes it can do some things to make this all work out in the end as required. I tend to trust Mayanne more than I do Buddy, so I'm hopeful. However, Job 1 for the powers that be has always been to get the new arena and they did that by some sleight-of-hand that may have turned out to be too cute by half (when I put my mind to it, I can use even more cliches than Larry Sabato). So, stay tuned.