Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

If it's true that Rosen's petition drive is on the ropes, where does that leave us now? Does the Florida Supreme Court decision impacting bonds still impact the PAC and Citrus Bowl projects. I know that there was some clarity around how it pertains to school districts but I'm still not clear if the bonds can be issued for these projects.

I was under the understanding that no matter what the court decides, it would only affect future projects.

I was under the understanding that no matter what the court decides, it would only affect future projects.

Yes - but, as I understood it, future issuing of bonds to fund such projects. And even though the projects were approved before the initial ruling, the bonds weren't issued...

Edited by uncreativeusername

Loch Haven Park is in the best position to evolve into a park of this nature. It's already close in and has plenty of acreage. If the city increased development density around there it would make a great sprawling urban zone from Florida Hospital to ORHS.

I've thought about both of those options. The Parramore land and Loch Haven Park. I hope the city does put a large park somehwre within walking distance of downtown. It certainly makes downtown a more attractive place to live if there's a park nearby you can walk to. A park like that would speed up me buying a condo downtown. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I've thought about both of those options. The Parramore land and Loch Haven Park. I hope the city does put a large park somehwre within walking distance of downtown. It certainly makes downtown a more attractive place to live if there's a park nearby you can walk to. A park like that would speed up me buying a condo downtown. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

How about a park around Lake Eola? Would that make you move downtown??????

Lake Eola Park IS Orlando's "Central Park", and always will be.

I don't see them tearing out large sections of Parramore's residential areas to build a park for middle class white people to come in and hang around.

The plan is to revitalize Parramore by bringing in more small business and upgrading the residences without displacing everyone who has lived there for decades, and chasing out all the drugs and crime.

I'm talking something akin to Balboa Park in San Diego. Lake Eola is great but there's no room to play frisbee, football or any softball fields.

Winter Park's Central Park is 3 miles from downtown Orlando and has all the cultural things you could want. With commuter rail coming in a few years, it is exciting to think how downtown and Winter Park will be closely linked again like in the old days. Blue Jacket park at Baldwin Park has all of the athletic fields and bike trails. As downtown continues to grow out, Central Park and Blue Jacket will seem to be more centralized to downtown Orlando. Delaney Park is also very underated with all of it's green space.

I'm talking something akin to Balboa Park in San Diego. Lake Eola is great but there's no room to play frisbee, football or any softball fields.

Lake Eola's southeast corner (Glenda's 1993 addition) has a good bit of unused space for frisbee and the like; Gaston Foster Park on North Orange Ave. has volleyball and a boat ramp; Orlando Festival Park off E. Robinson St. features volleyball and a skateboard park (another nod to Glenda for that - contrary to popular belief, she actually did accomplish some things while sitting in her red chair -_- ).

Back at Eola, the athletic field at Howard Middle has soccer leagues and a running track open to the public when school is not in session.

The bulk of the City's softball fields are at Fairview and Trotter's Parks off Lee Road. Also, rugby fields are located at the City's property adjacent to the fairgrounds on West Colonial Drive.

For the complete list, see http://www.cityoforlando.net/fpr/net/index.aspx . See also http://www.orangecountyfl.net/dept/cesrvcs...3-909DEF1AED4E} for Orange County's offerings.

Lake Eola's southeast corner (Glenda's 1993 addition) has a good bit of unused space for frisbee and the like; Gaston Foster Park on North Orange Ave. has volleyball and a boat ramp; Orlando Festival Park off E. Robinson St. features volleyball and a skateboard park (another nod to Glenda for that - contrary to popular belief, she actually did accomplish some things while sitting in her red chair -_- ).

Back at Eola, the athletic field at Howard Middle has soccer leagues and a running track open to the public when school is not in session.

The bulk of the City's softball fields are at Fairview and Trotter's Parks off Lee Road. Also, rugby fields are located at the City's property adjacent to the fairgrounds on West Colonial Drive.

For the complete list, see http://www.cityoforlando.net/fpr/net/index.aspx . See also http://www.orangecountyfl.net/dept/cesrvcs...3-909DEF1AED4E} for Orange County's offerings.

But I want one park to rule them all.