Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

That's good news. How much more money needs to be raised by contribution before we start to see some dirt moving?

I dont think its a question so much of money as I don't think a design has been finalized. I want to say they planned on the design and development phase lasting until 3q of '09 with a ground breaking during 4q '09, leading to an opening day for the 2012 season.

That's the Arena schedule but I too heard that it'll take 2 years to design the PAC. It ain't easy ... the top three things that go into the design will be acoustics, acoustics, acoustics. You got to get that right. In the Arena ... not so much.

Not to mention that before ground can break on the PAC, a new church has to be built to replace the one currently on the PAC site. The congregation then needs to move into their new digs before their current house of worship can be razed to make way for the PAC.

Not to mention that before ground can break on the PAC, a new church has to be built to replace the one currently on the PAC site. The congregation then needs to move into their new digs before their current house of worship can be razed to make way for the PAC.

The Sanctuary is Not being torn down. The building across the street is being torn Down.

There will be one year in wich the church makes its plans.

Then we should begin to see demolition begin.

The Sanctuary is Not being torn down. The building across the street is being torn Down.

There will be one year in wich the church makes its plans.

Then we should begin to see demolition begin.

No sense in not using the dear thing until it really has to get out of the way. Perhaps as an implosion scene in The DaVinci Code III, The Ascension of Gabriel.

The building that has been at the center of all the fuss.

Well earlier you were talking about the sanctuary. So I wasn't sure if you were still talking about that building or the one south of south street.

Thinking of buildings blowing up somewhere on VHS I have the Old City Hall blowing up. That was a fun night. :)

Well earlier you were talking about the sanctuary. So I wasn't sure if you were still talking about that building or the one south of south street.

Thinking of buildings blowing up somewhere on VHS I have the Old City Hall blowing up. That was a fun night. :)

That was bic, actually. But I understand. I, too, remember the implosion. That's why I thought of doing it again. By the way, I am seeking investors for a new motion picture script I'm shopping called The DaVinci Code III, The Ascension of Gabriel. (Visualize Groucho Marx emoticon here, thanks).

So now that we know what the new arena will look like, I was wondering if its styling might be any clue as to what we may see in the design of the PAC. I'm a little surprised to see city go with a glass and steel modernist design for the new arena when they easily could have gone the conservative route and have an elegant beige stone or brick building (i.e. Conseco Fieldhouse, Indianapolis) to complement the architectural styles along Church Street and around City Commons. This shows that the city is willing to break away from the mold a bit. Might the PAC buck the trend as well? It's only a couple of blocks away.

34197164.jpg

I'm very curious to see what they have in store for the PAC site considering the predominant style in the immediate vicinity is a sort of classical revival (city hall, cnl, bohemian) and of course the Church vernacular. On one hand, I want a bold shrine of glass and steal; on the other I want something bold yet contextual akin to say City Hall--something that revives classic elements (columns, domes) but also makes an obvious gesture stating the importance of the space.

Ex. The Opera House of Lyon, France (modern "visor" is a Jean Nouvel):

st038awg9.jpg

I'm very curious to see what they have in store for the PAC site considering the predominant style in the immediate vicinity is a sort of classical revival (city hall, cnl, bohemian) and of course the Church vernacular. On one hand, I want a bold shrine of glass and steal; on the other I want something bold yet contextual akin to say City Hall--something that revives classic elements (columns, domes) but also makes an obvious gesture stating the importance of the space.

Ex. The Opera House of Lyon, France (modern "visor" is a Jean Nouvel):

st038awg9.jpg

In the presentations I've seen the reference the plaza of Venice. They seem focused on that, remember the canal they talked about for awhile?

Another thing to think about though is that the performance spaces will be in the shadows of the residential/office/hotel elements anyway. Grid height will be around 80' above the stage floor, add 10' on top of that, hopefully the stage will be at dock height level (4') so say the flyhouse will top out at 94' or so. The talked about 22 story residential building on the church corner, the 18 floor buiding on Anderson/Rosalind, the 12 floor Boutique Hotel across from the Boho and the office building where the master Control Program building now sits will all will give the block its character more than the short buildings in the middle.

Wow, that brings back memories. I too was there. Correct me if I am wrong, it was supposed to go off around 10:00PM but it did not happen until around 1:00AM - 1:30AM. It was worth the wait though.