What are they building there?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently a fence went up around practically the entire land where the Walmart is to be built off Charles St. Looks like their ready to go. Maybe someone can post pics during construction. And is there a rendering somewhere out there? And behind this land and the Home Depot next door on the other side of the railroad tracks there is a building going up on West River St behind the main post office. Does anyone know what this is to be?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From another post.

Isn't there a school being built down by the post office building somewhere?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you talking about the structure they are building that sits right behind the train tracks across the street from the p.o.? I was wondering what was going up there.

I know they are making a lot of progress on that new school within the Chad Brown residential area.

Someone has mentioned this before, but today I noticed the very large building under construction off of douglas ave near prime time. I think it is directly behind the Brooklyn coffee shop. I was quite surprised by both its location and size. Does anyone know what its going to be?

Anyone know what they are building on Eddy Street by the highway between the hospital and the Rt95S. on-ramp?? There's been a mess of digging for the last week or so.

Also, what are they doing with the site off Route 10 on Cranston Street. A large Mill/ or Factory building has just finished being torn down?

Thx for the info..

Anyone know what they are building on Eddy Street by the highway between the hospital and the Rt95S. on-ramp??  There's been a mess of digging for the last week or so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depending on where it is exactly, The Meeting Street School is under construction on Eddy Street. There is also Route 195 relacation work in the area.

Also, what are they doing with the site off Route 10 on Cranston Street.  A large Mill/ or Factory building has just finished being torn down?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the Cranston Trolley Barn. It was demolished, but I don't think there are any official plans for the site.

• 1 month later...
:D The massive building behind Brooklyn Tea House is almost complete. I can't wait to see how this looks in the area... Smith Hill is the next great area of Prov. to be discovered..I love living here. The walkability factor to Downtown is numero uno. I think in the coming years this will be a hot area...as well as Chalkstone Avenue and Mt. Pleasant....( 2 underutilized underappreciated vibrant ethnically diverse urban neighborhoods ) One can only hope and have visions..BTW..The Castle Cinema on Chalkstone Avenue has just opened again under new ownership!! tHIS IS GREAT! I remember coming here in the 80's and early 90's for .99 matinees on Wednesdays.The place was always packed. I always said that when the Castle closed so did the neighborhood. Hopefully, it can be regained back to its original splendor that I remember as a child. I think that even with its problems, it is still an economically vibrant walkable area. There are banks, restaurants, convenience stores, pizza parlors,pharmacies, bakeries, florists, liquor stores, specialty stores, and even a supermarket within the 1/4 mile block from River Ave. to Academy Ave...There are not many if any other areas in Prov. with that type of diversity in a walkable neighborhood.

• 4 weeks later...

Still looking for answers as to what is being built on West River St behind the post office. I noticed that this week there was a public hearing notice in the projo where the developers of this building are asking the city to abandon Cross St which is actually where this building is going up. It's only a two story building so it could be just an office building.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where this building is?

The Berkander Building

owner: CityArts, Inc

size: 37,000 s.f.

budget: $1.9 million

completed: 2002

Building analysis and phased renovation of an existing 2-story, industrial

building into a community arts center.

Frankie That's on Broad St.

http://local.provplan.org/pps/detail.asp?UID=BERK

• 3 weeks later...

Someone has mentioned this before, but today I noticed the very large building under construction off of douglas ave near prime time. I think it is directly behind the Brooklyn coffee shop. I was quite surprised by both its location and size. Does anyone know what its going to be?

That was me.. Does any one know what this is going to be?

Also what is the similar building by the PO?

The building behind the tea house is the Times2 High School. the one next to the PO is a medical office building.

The medical building is going to be an ambulatory procedure center, at least in very significant part. This represents the growth of at least one large medical practice in Providence, a good thing. The space being vacated in their previous building is going to another group, so a net medical gain for the area.

The building project, from a medical practice standpoint, sounds quite exciting...

- Garris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't find/remember the details or the source, but on one of the news channels the other night there was a piece about a project moving forward at a mill in Cranston. Mixed use, much like Rising Sun. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I can't find/remember the details or the source, but on one of the news channels the other night there was a piece about a project moving forward at a mill in Cranston. Mixed use, much like Rising Sun. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Could this have been what you heard.

http://www.projo.com/westbay/content/projo...d.1d32ca29.html