Cirque du Soleil

Just curious if anyone knows why CdeS is again going to set up shop at Lowe's Motor Speedway for their month-long visit to Charlotte. The last time they were here, the performers complained bitterly about being stranded at UNCC (they stayed at University City) with no access to public transportation. With all of the surface parking uptown (you listening, Daniel?), why do you think they're again isolated in Cabarrus County?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious if anyone knows why CdeS is again going to set up shop at Lowe's Motor Speedway for their month-long visit to Charlotte.  The last time they were here, the performers complained bitterly about being stranded at UNCC (they stayed at University City) with no access to public transportation.  With all of the surface parking uptown (you listening, Daniel?), why do you think they're again isolated in Cabarrus County?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would imagine it is much cheaper to stay at the speedway. Bruton probably does'nt charge much because he isn't getting anything there anyways.

Could you imagine how much Preferred Parking would charge for the tent to be set up 24/7 for a month, if the $80 circus was uptown??

Maybe the performers can stay at Concord Mills hotels and use Cabarrus County's bus system...

And how can they complain about not having public transportation at UNCC? The CATS bus goes right to the campus.

I would imagine it is much cheaper to stay at the speedway.  Bruton probably does'nt charge much because he isn't getting anything there anyways.

Could you imagine how much Preferred Parking would charge for the tent to be set up 24/7 for a month, if the $80 circus was uptown??

Maybe the performers can stay at Concord Mills hotels and use Cabarrus County's bus system...

And how can they complain about not having public transportation at UNCC?  The CATS bus goes right to the campus.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In every other city they perform in, the staging is done in the middle of a city or park, excluding Washington, DC which used the parking lot at Tysons Corner Mall.

In every other city they perform in, the staging is done in the middle of a city or park, excluding Washington, DC which used the parking lot at Tysons Corner Mall.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yeah! I remember the Washington CdeS set-up at Tysons Galleria. They were right next to Neiman Marcus.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like I said, the Lowe's parking lot is probably VERY cheap...if they had that type of setup in other cities...they would probably go for it..

Besides, why should Charlotte have everything? I think its great that some culture is coming to Cabarrus County (something more than racing).

Archived