Urbanism Meet-Up : March 30th - 10:00 AM to Noon; Location Cooper Branch (601 Church Street)

DJIII

• 3 weeks later...

7 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

A whole new group of nerds, just when we thought the planet was safe. Great turnout DJ!

I learned from the best! - Modeled the group structure after UP.  Join us sometime, Ron! It's been great to have Kevin & John M there for a couple meetings each. Also trying to lure @markhollinto one of these in the near future.

I will try to attend to time. I just did not want to fight the traffic and for parking Saturday. Unfortunately, I will be missing the next UP meet as well. Me next door neighbor passed away and her funeral & visitation is Saturday between 10 & 1. All of the neighbors are going to attend. Pretty sad as she was divorced with two daughters and the youngest was 14. She had been fighting cancer for a while.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

• Bos2Nash changed the title to Urbanism Meet-Up : August 26th - 10 AM to noon; Copper Branch Cafe in Downtown Library
  • Bos2Nash pinned this topic

The monthly urbanist meeting will be meeting this weekend at Cooper Branch in the Downtown Library from 10am to Noon. The agenda is pretty flexible (some topic points, but they blend) so if you have questions or ideas regarding housing, transit, cycling, sidewalks or more general urbanist topics bring them along. 

We do have a monthly invite for this invite (similar to our monthly UP event), so if you want to be included on that list please shoot me a private message with your name and email.

• Like 2

Location change!

Due to the air conditioning still be out at Copper Branch, we have shifted the meeting location to the Civic Design Center's space. Their space is located within Butler's Run on 2nd Ave. 

138 Second Avenue North, Suite 106 Nashville, TN 37201 - DIRECTIONS: https://www.civicdesigncenter.org/contact

• Like 3

• Bos2Nash changed the title to Urbanism Meet-Up : August 26th - 10 AM to noon; Civic Design Center 138 Second Avenue North, Suite 106
1 hour ago, DJIII said:

Ron, you fit right in, seamlessly.  You can report back to the UP guys and let them know what we're all about.  Everyone is welcome.  Hopefully we can get @markhollinto join one of these days!

I give credit to the UP group for giving us the formula for a successful meet-up.  I use a lot of the details you guys have perfected over the years.

When’s the next meet up? I’m glad Jacob joined. 

• Like 1

• Bos2Nash changed the title to Urbanism Meet-Up : September 30th - 10 AM to noon; Location TBD
  • 3 weeks later...
Brainstorming list for 9/30 meetup. I'm going to go check a few of these out. Farmer's Market is my top choice. I think the only possible issue could be if there's like 150 screaming kids. That place has the ability to get loud and echo-ey inside. But it has food, bathrooms, plenty of movable tables & chairs and it's a public space. 

A List
The Farmers Market (too loud?)
L&L Market (seating)
Hunter's Station (open?)
Chapel & Greenwood - office space
Wework on Woodland - Craig

B List
Dose cafe
McDonald's
Gulch - The W / Barista Parlor
Whole Foods downtown 
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Have you considered the back area of the Elliston Place Soda shop where they have live music?  It probably is not too full up on a saturday morning and Jim Myers there is very much involved in Nashville's architecture.

It is pretty crowded on a Saturday morning. It gets a lot busier around 11 AM. I have eaten there several times and seating would be hard.

Do any of you live downtown that would have a meeting room available in the apartment or condo building you live in?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

It is pretty crowded on a Saturday morning. It gets a lot busier around 11 AM. I have eaten there several times and seating would be hard.

Do any of you live downtown that would have a meeting room available in the apartment or condo building you live in?

Some of the public libraries have small meeting rooms that can be reserved (there may be a small fee). 

• Like 1