• Sanford Stadium(Georgia)
    • Scott Field(Mississippi State)
    • Vanderbilt Stadium(Vanderbilt)
    • Vaught-Hemmingway(Ole Miss)
    • Williams-Brice(South Carolina)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gotta go with neyland. it's the biggest in the sec and so friggin loud. 108,000 people going nuts. it's consistantly ranked #1 as the best tailgate place too. then again i am biased seeing how my mom's family is from knoxville and my mom, dad and sister all graduated from there. i'd probably say bryant-denny would be next. so much great history there.

This really depends on what you mean by "best." That could be interpreted as the structure itself, its atmosphere, etc. I'll take it as the best in terms of bricks and mortar. As I can already see, homerism is shining through, granted most people are most familiar with their stadium. Using that criteria, however, I can say that Razorback Stadium is, hands down, the finest facility in the nation, let alone the SEC. It recently underwent a $110 million renovation, which was completed in 2001. The largest video board in the world was installed; it has approximately the same square footage as a basketball court. The steel and concrete exterior was completely enclosed in a brick and glass facade, giving it the look of a professional stadium. By the way, the comparison to professional stadiums is made a lot by visiting fans, who are in awe of the place. I've yet to hear people who've been there say it's not the nicest college stadium they've been to. It now has 8,950 club seats and 132 luxury suites, which I believe is the most in the nation. I also think I've seen that this enables the stadium to generate more revenue per game than any other conference stadium, despite seating only 72,000.

razorback100.jpg

wallpaper_rrs.jpg

I am an Alabama Grad and actually had a hard time with this one. I obviously want my stadium (Bryant-Denny) to be one of the best , but out of the choices it isn't even close. I actually chose Auburn's Jordan Hare (I know it's out arch enemy). Boo Hisss , Boo Hiss..., but they have a very clean and large stadium with a great layout. I was torn between Auburn and Tennessee (it was a really tough call). I really would love to see one of my favorite stadiums of all time be in the poll, but its Glory days have long since past. Legion Field in Birmingham. I have so many fond memories of the place. It is a real shame that the city let the stadium go to pot. The energy in the place was unbelievable. I remember the Alabama and Florida match up in 93' for the SEC championship game. U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E !!! (and yes we did go on to be National Champs that year when we a #2 came in and dominated Miami , an over-rated #1 at the time. (I had to throw that in there guys, sorry Miami fans :P ) All is fair in Love and War, right...Anyways that's my two cents.

:alc:

(If it were me, and I were King for a day. I would definately rehab Legion Field. It is really a crying shame what has happened :( )

In terms of being physically superior, I think Ben Hill Griffin Stadium at Florida Field is the nicest with the addition of the new press/sky boxes. Of course, the majority of the stadium doesnt have chair backs (although I actually like this), so that may be a negative for some people.

I like UT's setting, but I think the stadium is kind of cheap looking with all the exposed metal girders and so forth and I have been to a LOT of games there. I think we can all agree the worst SEC stadium is Vandy's, not to mention the fact that they cant even fill the thing. The stadium in Athens is nice too as is Auburn's. I like LSU's 1930s look, but it could use some renovations. Ole Miss/Miss State's stadiums are pretty small, so they are out of it.

As to Legion Field, it is a shame that Bama doesnt play there anymore and it should be renovated and this practice resumed. Games in Bham are MUCH better than in Tuscaloosa, I think.

I think we can all agree the worst SEC stadium is Vandy's, not to mention the fact that they cant even fill the thing. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree, that place has absolutlely no soul to it whatsoever. the only time it comes close to being a rocking stadium is when tennessee plays, but that's because the place is packed with orange and white and nicknamed "neyland west" :D

Are you kidding...The Swamp is by far the best stadium in the SEC, probably the NCAA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how so? it's definatly not by far, i can tell you that much. everyone of these stadiums (excluding vandy :P ) are awesome and have excellent gamedays. i don't see any one of these blowing another out of the water. i understand you're a gator fan and chose the swamp, why do you think i chose neyland? but i know that each one of these places could be the best, but most of us will choose the one most familiar with us.

This really depends on what you mean by "best." That could be interpreted as the structure itself, its atmosphere, etc. I'll take it as the best in terms of bricks and mortar. As I can already see, homerism is shining through, granted most people are most familiar with their stadium. Using that criteria, however, I can say that Razorback Stadium is, hands down, the finest facility in the nation, let alone the SEC. It recently underwent a $110 million renovation, which was completed in 2001. The largest video board in the world was installed; it has approximately the same square footage as a basketball court. The steel and concrete exterior was completely enclosed in a brick and glass facade, giving it the look of a professional stadium. By the way, the comparison to professional stadiums is made a lot by visiting fans, who are in awe of the place. I've yet to hear people who've been there say it's not the nicest college stadium they've been to. It now has 8,950 club seats and 132 luxury suites, which I believe is the most in the nation. I also think I've seen that this enables the stadium to generate more revenue per game than any other conference stadium, despite seating only 72,000.

razorback100.jpg

wallpaper_rrs.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad you mentioned it. Please note that when the stadium is filled, it is bigger than the city it's in: Fayetteville, AR (64,000).

It is also the 3rd largest city in Arkansas when filled. (Little Rock, Fort Smith, then Razorback Stadium).

I am an Alabama Grad and actually had a hard time with this one. I obviously want my stadium (Bryant-Denny) to be one of the best , Legion Field in Birmingham. I have so many fond memories of the place. It is a real shame that the city let the stadium go to pot. The energy in the place was unbelievable. I remember the Alabama and Florida match up in 93' for the SEC championship game. U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E !!! (and yes we did go on to be National Champs that year when we a #2 came in and dominated Miami , an over-rated #1 at the time. (I had to throw that in there guys, sorry Miami fans :P ) All is fair in Love and War, right...Anyways that's my two cents.

You and I were in Tuscaloosa at the same time! I graduated in '95. Do you remember David Palmer's touchdown run to come back from behind and tie Tennessee late, late in the 4th quarter?---that was in B'Ham.

Now that Alabama has stopped splitting it's games, I think Arkansas is the only division one team that still splits it's home games.  They still play a couple in Little Rock and the rest in Fayetteville.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Ole Miss still might play a home game in Jackson.

Until about 5 years ago or so, Ole Miss played Tennessee yearly--home and away. The away game was in Knoxville of course, yet the Ole Miss home game was in Memphis.

I am an Alabama Grad and actually had a hard time with this one. I obviously want my stadium (Bryant-Denny) to be one of the best , Legion Field in Birmingham. I have so many fond memories of the place. It is a real shame that the city let the stadium go to pot. The energy in the place was unbelievable. I remember the Alabama and Florida match up in 93' for the SEC championship game. U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E !!! (and yes we did go on to be National Champs that year when we a #2 came in and dominated Miami , an over-rated #1 at the time. (I had to throw that in there guys, sorry Miami fans :P ) All is fair in Love and War, right...Anyways that's my two cents.

You and I were in Tuscaloosa at the same time! I graduated in '95. Do you remember David Palmer's touchdown run to come back from behind and tie Tennessee late, late in the 4th quarter?---that was in B'Ham.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely, how could I forget. I just hope the Tide can finally get past all of this probation stuff. It has really hurt them. They are simply not the team they used to be. I really believe that with our new coach we have the potential for Great things.

B)

A2

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Archived