• Jordan-Hare Stadium(Auburn)
    • Neyland Stadium(Tennessee)
    • Razorback Stadium(Arkansas)
    • Sanford Stadium(Georgia)
    • Scott Field(Mississippi State)
    • Vanderbilt Stadium(Vanderbilt)
    • Vaught-Hemmingway(Ole Miss)
    • Williams-Brice(South Carolina)

Neyland Stadium is not a very good one in my opinion (structure wise at least, the river scene and all is pretty cool though). It's build straight up it seems, the concourses are ridiculously thin for a building that is supposed to hold 107,000 people. At halftime, you can't even move on the upper deck concourses I went to take a piss and missed 3 minutes of the third quarter. The exterior has almost no asthetically pleasing characteristics, and it takes about an hour to get down the freakishly long concourses from the upper deck.

I have only been to four on campus stadiums, but I vote the Swamp for overall gameday atmosphere combined with functionality.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neyland maybe big, but it isn't that loud, seats about 5 inches wide, and bathrooms are terrible. The Swamp is by far the best and most famous stadium in not only the SEC but the country. Not a single bad seat in the house.

1. Florida

2. LSU

3. Bama

4. Tennessee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Neyland maybe big, but it isn't that loud, seats about 5 inches wide, and bathrooms are terrible. The Swamp is by far the best and most famous stadium in not only the SEC but the country. Not a single bad seat in the house.

1. Florida

2. LSU

3. Bama

4. Tennessee

isn't that loud? they had a guy out there with a decible meter and said it was louder than a jet taking off. i'd say that's pretty loud.

Yeah Spurrier has done some amazing things, but he still has a lot of work to do. Finishing second in the SEC ain't to bad for his first season though :)

They were tied for 5th best conference record and had the 6th best record overall...

Neyland maybe big, but it isn't that loud

You're just about stupid if you think that...maybe you should have been there with me in the UT student section when we beat y'all in '04 with the 51 yard field goal...

I'm not going to get into technical comparisons of exactly how loud and which stadium is the loudest, but to say Neyland isn't that loud is like saying that Reggie Bush isn't that fast.

Of course, I shouldn't expect less from a GATOR fan.

Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge is up there too. It's Saturday night atmosphere is hard to beat. The 92,600 fans can get really loud !!! It has been known to measure on the Richter Scale ! The upper-deck on the westside is nearly completed and it's really nice. I hope to post some pics this Summer.

The SEC is the best Football Conference IMO in so many ways ! There are alot of nice places in the SEC. All this stadium talk has got me fired up for football season ! I can't wait

"Bryant-Denny's really been behind the curve of SEC stadia but that current renovation may make it the nicest one in the conference. I went there and was underwhelmed but from everything I've seen the redo should put it ahead of pretty much all the others."

If you were there for last year's Bama/Arkansas game then no wonder you were underwhelmed. Morning games on JP just don't get the juices flowing. Plus, everybody must have been penting up their voices for the following week's game against Florida because the following week's atmosphere against Florida was the polar opposite of the Arkansas game. The crowd at last year's Florida/Bama game should be the benchmark for all Tide home games. The place was amazing that day. I can't begin to imagine how loud the same kind of atmosphere would be with the latest expansion complete.

Maybe before the 1998 expansion BDS was behind the curve, but since that expansion it has been in the top half of SEC stadiums. The last expansion looks great and this latest expansion looks even better. I made it into BDS at the end of this year's A-day game in April just to see how the stadium looked from the inside. This latest expansion gives the stadium an intimidating feel for the first time IMHO. The north deck, and the skyboxes in particular tower over the lower level and create an imposing visual to the stadium that didn't exist before. I was blown away by it because I didn't expect it to make that big of a difference.

BTW, I've heard great things about Arkansas's stadium as far as the stadium itself. Kneyland is an amazing spectacle, but the stadium structure itself is about as appealing as Legion Field. The Swamp has a great layout for creating atmosphere and the fans bring the noise in a big way. Tiger Stadium in BR at night is a must. UGA may have the coolest stadium of all, especially the driveway over the endzone looking into the stadium. JHS, I must begrudgingly admit, is awfully loud during big games as well.

"Bryant-Denny's really been behind the curve of SEC stadia but that current renovation may make it the nicest one in the conference. I went there and was underwhelmed but from everything I've seen the redo should put it ahead of pretty much all the others."

If you were there for last year's Bama/Arkansas game then no wonder you were underwhelmed. Morning games on JP just don't get the juices flowing. Plus, everybody must have been penting up their voices for the following week's game against Florida because the following week's atmosphere against Florida was the polar opposite of the Arkansas game. The crowd at last year's Florida/Bama game should be the benchmark for all Tide home games. The place was amazing that day. I can't begin to imagine how loud the same kind of atmosphere would be with the latest expansion complete.

Maybe before the 1998 expansion BDS was behind the curve, but since that expansion it has been in the top half of SEC stadiums. The last expansion looks great and this latest expansion looks even better. I made it into BDS at the end of this year's A-day game in April just to see how the stadium looked from the inside. This latest expansion gives the stadium an intimidating feel for the first time IMHO. The north deck, and the skyboxes in particular tower over the lower level and create an imposing visual to the stadium that didn't exist before. I was blown away by it because I didn't expect it to make that big of a difference.

BTW, I've heard great things about Arkansas's stadium as far as the stadium itself. Kneyland is an amazing spectacle, but the stadium structure itself is about as appealing as Legion Field. The Swamp has a great layout for creating atmosphere and the fans bring the noise in a big way. Tiger Stadium in BR at night is a must. UGA may have the coolest stadium of all, especially the driveway over the endzone looking into the stadium. JHS, I must begrudgingly admit, is awfully loud during big games as well.

I agree with that assessment. It's been a few years since I was at Bryant-Denny, I usually make 1-2 SEC road games a year. UGa probably has my favorite. Neyland is intimidating (I was there in '98 for the fumble that save UT's national title) but I agree it's kind of a dump structurally. That whole Vol Navy thing is something to experience, though. The Swamp is great. Tiger Stadium is kind of crumbling in old ways but the history has its charm - the building used to house dorms.

Neyland is intimidating (I was there in '98 for the fumble that save UT's national title)

i was at that game too. the weather was nasty, but the finish was awesome (well for tennessee fans at least :P ). i think that was the end of clint stoener haha.

Archived