Tradition Tower

downtowninvestor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orlando doesnt have a huge gaybourhood... :(

Agree'd and I miss that most about NYC. However, there are only so many Chelsea boys you can run into before you get a mega-image-complex, quit your job, and move into the gym permantently. OK, perhaps I exaggerate... But seriously.

We don't have any really gay neighborhoods, YET.. (TP is the closest we have). BUT - I am predicting that we will have one not too long from now. College park? Antique District? Dare I say PARRAMORE (you know how we love to fix up them old houses, sunshine!)... The population of the P-house & Pulse alone warrants a gay district, and we are a city in it's infancy so it can only get bigger.

The owners of the P-House own all of that land across the street and up and down the block. I have talked to them quite a bit and they have a vision for that area to be the "gay area" of Orlando. It's all starting with those new timeshares they are building. That will feed the rest of the growth which includes condos, shops, etc... Also, I've been told to expect a major refurb (or should I say rehab) of the P-House in the next few years.

Anyways, NYC's "scene" was so big and so competetive it was hard to make really close friends. Plus, if I want to go party like that I just hop down to SoBeach!

Nothing compared to weekly circuit scene in Roxy! :(

Anyway, I better stop before people complain about me hijack the thread.

Hey, just start a Gaybourhood thread! BTW, anyone see the Will and Grace where Jack buys a house in an upstate NY town that went wild when gays moved in because they thought the home prices would skyrocket and then threatened to kill them when they decided to move out?

Hey, just start a Gaybourhood thread! BTW, anyone see the Will and Grace where Jack buys a house in an upstate NY town that went wild when gays moved in because they thought the home prices would skyrocket and then threatened to kill them when they decided to move out?

That was a funny episode.

I think the day Orlando government starts to focus its attention on subsidizing the cost for middle of the road people to buy downtown, is the day spanish, black, asian, indian, european, etc etc alike will come to downtown. And when they build businesses, it will create the competition that I can see spark up a growth in all the things we all believe downtown needs. (economics 101)

Without the diversity, I think downtown might not get the spurt it needs to be great. It'll definitely be pretty (that's the emphasis its headed toward now), but it won't be great. I can see a beautiful picture, but I'll only want to see it once. If you keep me coming back, then you've suceeded.

The diversity brings in the businesses that we all want to see.... blockbuster... starbucks/barnies... grocery stores, pizza shops, corner conveniant stores, clothes shopping, other types of retail... gamestops/EB games and arcade rooms... more than one comedy club... pool halls... bowling alleys... theaters... urban style fast food joints...urban pharmacies... malls... more variety of dancing/clubs/lounges... cell phone/electronic stores (just stuff for people to walk around and go into at their leisure)... etc etc.

I think that's what many of us NYers think is missing. But other than that, the weather is freakin AWESOME! :lol:

I actually find downtown to be pretty diverse all ready, for what it is. The bars/clubs/restaurants all have a lot, and different things, to offer. As things move along it will be interesting to see what becomes of things, clearly the residents will be wealthy in these condos, but thats only a start.

I actually find downtown to be pretty diverse all ready, for what it is. The bars/clubs/restaurants all have a lot, and different things, to offer. As things move along it will be interesting to see what becomes of things, clearly the residents will be wealthy in these condos, but thats only a start.

Actually, compared to other places in the south (other than miami of course), its doing pretty well in that department. I just don't want to compare to those places. I rather place Orlando in a category all in its own and hold it to a higher standard. Plus, I'm a NYer and I also see it from that (maybe shortsighted) point of view. But so far, I admit that the night life is booming with diversity on the weekends which I think is unique for the area. And when (or if) church street station gets redeveloped, its going to be awesome. But if you go downtown during the day, it just doesn't have the same diversity in living and working alike. When I walk into shops, I don't see Orlando represented by the population it currently holds throughout. A city is actually suppose to be more diverse in its urban core and less diverse in the burbs. Orlando is the opposite.

I just hope it changes a at least a little throughout the years. Its (I think) the only way we'll get the businesses and the ideas we want for downtown.

Did I mention the gorgeous weather? B)

Its interesting to think that the I-Drive corridor is coming into its prime with this large-scale, quality proposals and downtown is very much in its infancy ready to grow. Kind of backwards, eh?

Backwards for anywhere else except the Mouse Town! :silly: Besides, who needs downtown ORLANDO when you can have downtown ORANGE COUNTY!!!

I love 99 cent t-shirts! :rofl:

The article leads me to believe that construction is going to be swift. January is shaping up to be a big month for the CBD. By January, Dynetech will be in right in the midst of site prep. Tradition towers will be demolishing the U.C., Vue should be between 5-10 floors, this is all just on Rosalind. Further to the east Paramount will be clearing trees, Star tower will have a tower crane with a couple of floors complete. To the west, 55 west will be.......well.........Tradition towers will be nice.

• 3 weeks later...

In my mail today:

________________________________________________________________________________

______

November 2, 2005

Dear Tradition Towers Priority Buyer,

Plans for Tradition Towers are really shaping up! This month we received final approval from the city for the project. This approval included an

Thaanks Dan, we ALL needed abit of good news here lately. This continues to be my favorite project. I wonder if the design has changed, i.e. If it still has the eyebrow things on top. I know recently that Ivanhoe, 205 Eola have dropped those from the final design. :yahoo:

I wonder if the design has changed, i.e. If it still has the eyebrow things on top. I know recently that Ivanhoe, 205 Eola have dropped those from the final design. :yahoo:

801 North Orange was also going to feature a roof that flared up sort of like an upside-down BBArch "eyebrow," but that too has been scrapped from the final design. Now it's just flat.

I'd be tons more dissappointed if TT were cancelled, instead of Ridgely.

I'm not too dissapointed with Ridgely...We should still get TT, Ivanhoe, Paramount, Dynetech, and 55 West for sure....Speaking of 55 West they do have an updated press release on there website about there new contractor...

Archived