Tradition Tower

downtowninvestor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey UPSDan have you made contact with Ivanhoe/GDC properties lately and if so can they get us a bigger, better rendering on Ivanhoe, and so this is definitely on....i know this is the TT thread, sorry everybody.

I'll try getting some updates but last I heard Ivanhoe was very much a go for January with Turner building it...

I'm not too dissapointed with Ridgely...We should still get TT, Ivanhoe, Paramount, Dynetech, and 55 West for sure....Speaking of 55 West they do have an updated press release on there website about there new contractor...

UPSDAN -

We're spoiled aren't we ?

Not too long ago we'd be lucky to get three of four major proposals in a development cycle. And we'd hope that at least one, maybe two of them would get built.

Now, we'll probably be dissappointed if no more than half the roughly 40 projects planned for the CBD get built. ;)

As to the 'eyebrows', unlike the visors, they strike me as a necessary part of the design. Anyone else agree ?

Actually, not--sorry WeNeed. The Embassy Suites is in the bottom right, so it's cut out of their rendering. The bottom left is the bank parking lot where Capital Plaza III is proposed.

Actually LLdwntwn, WeNeed is correct. that's the library to the right and Embassy is directly across from TT... (e.g. the bottom left of rendering.) The intersection is Rosalind and Central.

Actually LLdwntwn, WeNeed is correct. that's the library to the right and Embassy is directly across from TT... (e.g. the bottom left of rendering.) The intersection is Rosalind and Central.

Are you sure? I have been reacking my brain trying to imagine the intersection. I think LLdwntwn might be right about this one.

Are you sure? I have been reacking my brain trying to imagine the intersection. I think LLdwntwn might be right about this one.

Here's a picture taking from the top of the parking garage on Central. The parking lot below is the Tradition Towers site (with the current University Club building at the bottom left), and the Embassy Suites across the street.

img265318td.jpg

The site may not be as large as The Plaza's, but I think you'll be impressed by the volume of the pedestal-- it will basically be a ~12-story mass filling up the entire block, and then there are the towers on top of it. Think of it as a more attractive, taller version of The Plaza's parking garage with a slightly smaller footprint.

The site may not be as large as The Plaza's, but I think you'll be impressed by the volume of the pedestal-- it will basically be a ~12-story mass filling up the entire block, and then there are the towers on top of it. Think of it as a more attractive, taller version of The Plaza's parking garage with a slightly smaller footprint.

It'll make the library look like a mangy poodle.

I know what you want, sunshine. You just want a Berjaya City on every block. ;)

What is Berjaya City? U mean Berjaya Times Square? They build that crap after I left 5 years ago.

If I can, I would want to move the entire Chelsea down here, of course with the boys...lol

What is Berjaya City? U mean Berjaya Times Square? They build that crap after I left 5 years ago.

If I can, I would want to move the entire Chelsea down here, of course with the boys...lol

I think it was actually called Berjaya City when it was proposed. I actually requested a brochure when it was announced, and they mailed me one, all the way from KL to Gainesville, FL.

Archived