Tradition Tower

downtowninvestor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$300,000 is pretty inexepensive for the permanent rights to anything downtown. I have a feeling that secretly Buddy would have sold the rights for a dollar just to see this thing built. This building is the real deal. The only thing that suprises me about the article is that this is only a $170 million project. It just seems a bit low considering it's size and scope.

It seemed unlikely that the garage would ever be developed into something other than what it is already. Further, its a small sacrifice for a project with a high quality design such as Tradition Towers anyway.

It seemed unlikely that the garage would ever be developed into something other than what it is already. Further, its a small sacrifice for a project with a high quality design such as Tradition Towers anyway.

No doubt. But if I owned that property and someone came to me with the same proposition I would go for higher numbers just because I could. I dare say that there is no one out there, who if personally owned, would have let rights go for that amount; knowing full well that it will never be more than a parking deck. That, simply, is the difference between the city owning a property and an individual. I fully agree with you. I am all for Tradition Towers, this is the one I will probably buy in.

With 1,500 on you buyers list, who needs a friggin' sales office?

In many cases those 1500 names are just interested/nosy people that want to know as much about a new building as possible. I bet if we asked - a good percentage of people on this site (including myself) have signed up for Tradition and have absolutely no interest in ever living there.

For the prices that they will ultimately be demanding they will need a sales office.

In many cases those 1500 names are just interested/nosy people that want to know as much about a new building as possible. I bet if we asked - a good percentage of people on this site (including myself) have signed up for Tradition and have absolutely no interest in ever living there.

For the prices that they will ultimately be demanding they will need a sales office.

You can add my name to the list of people who signed up, and definetly moving in. Without hesitation I can safely say that i'm glad that I passed on The Vue.

You all realize that these prices are not too far off from what I used to pay in Manhattan, right?

My 650 sqft luxury studio on the 22nd floor with east river and city vues was $550k circa 1999.

How in the hell can Orlando support such a volume of high priced condos???

You all realize that these prices are not too far off from what I used to pay in Manhattan, right?

My 650 sqft luxury studio on the 22nd floor with east river and city vues was $550k circa 1999.

How in the hell can Orlando support such a volume of high priced condos???

Guys like you who paid 550k in NYC and other cities and then moved to Orlando.

Guys like you who paid 550k in NYC and other cities and then moved to Orlando.

That makes sense except I don't make HALF of what I made in NYC here in O'Town...

Ironically, my standard of living (not to mention quality of life) have more than doubled, though.... :blink:

FYI, 2 nights ago (Tues), I was invited to Kuhn's unveiling of the Jax project at the History Center.

I met a realtor who already has a dozen or so units at TT under contract; he works in tandem with The Condo Store. He told me TT is definitely a go for groundbreaking early 2006. He was very knowledgeable about that air rights issue and what not. very interesting shindig.

QUALITY OF LIFE IN ORLANDO better than NYC? how so? u are a mouse chaser?

Haha - can't really stand the mouse, personally. The lifestyle here is better (for me at least) in three primary ways:

1) I don't have to hike my butt up to Harlem every morning to try and catch a Metro North train in the sub freezing temperatures (just not having to deal with sub freezing temperatures makes me very happy :silly: ) I can now afford a car (I paid 300 for parking/mo and 600 for insurance/mo in NYC). :sick:

2) I have money to buy things that are important to me (e.g. cable TV, etc.). In NYC, I was making six figures and was always broke. Manhattan is a place where unless you are making 200K + your lifestyle is impacted greatly.

3) I have an airport that I use frequently here in Orlando that is perhaps one of THE best in the country. Can't say that about any of the NYC ones.

Unfortunately, Orlando lacks a lot of the good stuff NYC has to offer like lots of restaurants, mass transit (at least the subways and busses -- the trains sucked and were late always), and a huge variety of things to do and people to meet.

The more time I spend down here, I realize there is also a ton of stuff - you just have to look harder for it (and usually drive to get to it).

We're getting lots of great places to eat and party. Shopping is getting better and better, and there are more and more people/events going on every passing month.

Plus I can day trip it down to the keys, which is WAY cooler than the Hamptons. And I don

Archived