Proposed and Approved towers for London

The Bishopsgate Tower

Height: 307m

Floors: 63

Architect: KPF

Developer: Deutsche Immobilien Fonds AG

2839difatowerpic14ft.jpg

15je.jpg

................................................................................

London Bridge Tower

Height: 306m

Floors: 66

Architect: Renzo Piano

Developer: Sellar Property Group

lbt5a6lf.jpg

lbt6c1hn.jpg

................................................................................

Columbus Tower

Height: 239m

Floors: 63

Architect: DMWR Architects

Developer: SKMC

columbus21gt.jpg

490columbus39tu.jpg

122 Leadenhall

Height: 225m

Floors: 48

Architect: Richard Rogers

Developer: British Land PLC

92427264tw.jpg

92427276zg.jpg

The Minerva Building

Height: 217m roof / 247m spire

Floors: 53

Architect: Nicholas Grimshaw

Developer: Minerva PLC

minerva19mm.jpg

Riverside South Towers

Height: 214m and 189m

Floors: 44 and 38

Developer: Canary Wharf Group

341001381w8fb.jpg

North Quay Towers

Height: 216m (tower one) and 203m (tower three) and 120m (tower two)

Floors: 44 and 38 and 18

Architect: Cesar Pelli

northquay21ie.jpg

Heron Quays West Towers

Height: 214m and 156m

Floors: 40 and 29

heronwest19mo.jpg

Heron Tower

Height: 183m

Floors: 42

Architect: Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates

Developer: Heron International PLC

heron16fa.jpg

St George's Wharf

Height: 181m

Floors: 50

Architect: Broadway Malyan

Developer: St George

vauxhall27gu.jpg

Broadgate Tower

Height: 164m

Floors: 31

Architect: Skidmore Owings and Merril

Developer: British Land

broadgate12hu.jpg

Willis Building

Height: 125m

Floors: 26

Architect: Sir Norman Foster

Developer: British Land

78WillisBuilding_pic4.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great projects, I really like the design of The Bishopsgate Tower. I've read that this will be the tallest building in Europe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it will be tallest building in Europe (if we don't consider Moscow), and London Bridge tower will be the second tallest, just a few feet shorter than Bishopsgate Tower.

I like London's historic architecture better than this new stuff, but these towers are ok.

London is, in my opinion, the greatest city in the world. Its historic architecture is first class. I do worry with all the new skyscrapers that London is losing part of its character and soul. I prefer the idea of the Canary Wharf development - far enough away to not alter the city, but close enough for an easy commute. I hate to see the City and East London transformed into a Manhattan On Thames. Also, it seems that, to compensate for all of the beautiful, neoclassical architecture in London and Europe in general, they try to build more and more outlandish buildings as if in reaction. Still, I love London. "To be tired of London is to be tired of life." :)

I like a lot of these new buildings and I personally think it will enhance the London experience. My oppinion may change next summer when I visit London but I dont think new modern structures will hurt the city as long as they dont destroy historic places to create them.

London is, in my opinion, the greatest city in the world.  Its historic architecture is first class.  I do worry with all the new skyscrapers that London is losing part of its character and soul.  I prefer the idea of the Canary Wharf development - far enough away to not alter the city, but close enough for an easy commute.  I hate to see the City and East London transformed into a Manhattan On Thames.  Also, it seems that, to compensate for all of the beautiful, neoclassical architecture in London and Europe in general, they try to build more and more outlandish buildings as if in reaction.  Still, I love London.  "To be tired of London is to be tired of life."    :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with you RiversideGator, London is the best city in the world. If it wasn't for Anchorage, AK I would move to London when I graduate High School. I still plan on visiting London one day! I love the proposed Skyscrappers too!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yea, those buildings look great!

I hope the skyscrapers dont draw London away from its historic buildings and areas.

But, cities like New York, New Orleans, Boston, and Philadelphia all have skyscrapers and manage to keep their historic structures.

Congrats London!

Edited by NCB

• 4 weeks later...

London is, in my opinion, the greatest city in the world. Its historic architecture is first class. I do worry with all the new skyscrapers that London is losing part of its character and soul. I prefer the idea of the Canary Wharf development - far enough away to not alter the city, but close enough for an easy commute. I hate to see the City and East London transformed into a Manhattan On Thames. Also, it seems that, to compensate for all of the beautiful, neoclassical architecture in London and Europe in general, they try to build more and more outlandish buildings as if in reaction. Still, I love London. "To be tired of London is to be tired of life." :)

I agree with yxou on certaiin points. In Europe we have a problem with space. I think, when big towers are is the solution. Why not?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Multiplex Living has submitted a planning application for the first major scheme within the Elephant and Castle regeneration area, at Castle House in Southwark.

The scheme proposes a 43-storey residential tower, rising to a height of 147 metres, along with retail space at ground level and improvements to the public realm around the site. The scheme, designed by Hamilton Associates, contains 408 residential units. The design aims to create a very visible beacon for the Elephant and Castle, which has been earmarked for comprehensive redevelopment by the London Borough of Southwark, as well as regenerating a vacant and underused site.

The top of the tower provides the most visible symbol yet of London's drive towards renewable energy, with three 9m-diameter wind turbines set into cowlings within a raked crown, and aims to provide a new identity for Elephant and Castle on the London skyline.

No renderings yet.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

None of these buildings show aqny sense of place, only of time. These are buildings that could be in Berlin, Houston or Singapore. If there are to be tall buildings in the core of London, then they need to work harder to be unique to London, especially at the ground level, where so far, all of them are very inhumane.