The Museum Merry Go Round

blah509

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read about the public forum last night where concerned residents of Tampa - including our illustrious former Mayor Friedman - voiced their disapproval of turning the courthouse into an art museum. No one knows where, when or even IF a new art museum will be built now.

Am I the only one getting disillusioned at this farce?!? At this point, I'm ready to throw up my arms in disgust.

No matter what final plan is chosen, there will be a large contingent of people upset and against the plan. We saw that with the Vinoly design, and now we're seeing that with the old courthouse.

The sad thing is that the issue of the Art Museum, and where it will be built, is also to some degree holding up some other developments in that area, such as the Children's Museum and the Riverwalk.

Archived