BofA buying MBNA

Nomanizan

Bank of America is a HUGE plus for Charlotte.

Just saw this on charlotte.com: BofA buying MBNA for $35 billion

( EDIT - Actually, this was in reference to BofA being a benefit to Charlotte's quest to land the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Everyone talks about Cocca-Cola and other Corps helping Atlanta. Charlotte has excellent Corporate backing BofA, Wachovia and others. )

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bank of America is a HUGE plus for Charlotte.

Just saw this on charlotte.com:  BofA buying MBNA for $35 billion

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will BofA acquire MBNA's useless customer service reputation and relentless rate hiking and random service charges? I've nejoyed my time with this crack squad of rip-off artists.

MBNA, my favorite kind of people... :rofl:

Will BofA acquire MBNA's useless customer service reputation and relentless rate hiking and random service charges?  I've nejoyed my time with this crack squad of rip-off artists.

MBNA, my favorite kind of people... :rofl:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen brother! I really, really hate MBNA. They took over Wachovia's credit operation and tore it to shreds.

Hopefully they don't adopt MBNA's fee structures... One thing I like about BofA is they're one of the few big banks that doesn't charge balance transfer fees and the rate usually lasts for the life of the balance. MBNA charges 3% for the transaction and the offer usually lasts about 6 months before going back to the original rate.

Wachovia might seek buying a credit card company, which weird is before the Fleet takeover, Wachovia was rumored to the be the buyer, and the same with MBNA, Wachovia was rumored to be the buyer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i just hope boa do the right thing

This is getting quite out of hand. Some day in the not too distant future, Charlotte will be ground zero for the only two banks left in the United States (BofA and Wachovia). God only knows what will happen then. Will they put gun turretts on each company's tallest tower? Will there be vicious fights at company volleyball games? (Actually I heard that this has already happened). Will there be the rivalry amongst the public arguing constantly about being a Bank of American or a Wachovian? Gimme a break.... :silly:

I think Wachovia should eye Capital One, Capital One just bought Hibernia out of New Orleans and Wachovia is rapidly expanding the markets out there in Louisana and Texas. There have always been rumors of Wells Fargo and Wachovia to be merger of equals, if that does happen, I hope Wachovia will do what Nations Bank did to Bank America.

Archived