Georgia Population Figures

teshadoh

Here is a comparison between population growth and developmental growth.

Populaton: (includes number of new people) ---------------------------------------- Development:

1. Savannah = 6557 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Augusta = 2152

2. Columbus = 6352 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 2. Savannah = 1734

3. Augusta = 5394 -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 3. Columbus = 1574

4. Macon = 1357 -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 4. Macon = 1051

Now I have done the research you asked for and it shows where Macon stands in terms of growth.

where did you get this information from....

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would have to say the extension of I-520 in North Augsuta is the biggest transportation project in the second tier metros right now. You are adding several miles of new interstate complete with several new interchanges with that project alone. The widening projects and improved interchanges are great, but they are only improvements to already established interstate access. The I-520 extension is totally new interstate.

you are right about I-520 in North Augusta

construction of the I-520 extension in South Carolina will total approximately $250 million when complete.

http://www.northaugusta.net/Dept_Serv/Econ...v/bobjones.html

Construction on I-20/520 interchange and widening of I-20 $180 million when complete

Augusta's economy

In January of this year, economists from the Terry College of Business at the University of Georgia predicted that in 2007, our regions economy would grow at a faster pace than the rest of the state.

http://www.wrdw.com/politics/misc/6380622.html

Trying to find richmond county population is very strange. I have seen it as low as 189,366 where you have it above and as high as 207,000. I don't know if some are adding hephzibah or blythe to augusta or not. I thought even though both hephzibah and blythe are in south richmond they are seperate.

Augusta 203,160

http://www.augustagausa.com/ourtown/population.shtml

Augusta, GA 199,501

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bp...hots/31528.html

The population of Augusta,GA 197,815

http://www.nextag.com/home-mortgage/2/GA/Augusta.html

This has richmond county population at 195,796

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richmond_County,_Georgia

Here is a article that says richmond county and metro augusta population will double in the next 5 yrs. It also says augusta has over 7000 businesses which will also double in the next 5 yrs

http://www.augustabiz.com/info/about_augustabiz.htm

This is very true i was shocked when i saw it on their also i know in the 2000 census Augustas population was just shy of 200,000 and i'm looking at the numbers on wikipiedia and its saying that in 6 years the city has lost over 10,000 residents. I just don't see that from my trips to Augusta the city is booming there is new retail and residential developments popping up everywhere. I guess it's really just people moving out of the central city and into the suburbs as is the case in Macon. Macon is also booming with growth in the development area, but declining in population numbers while surrounding communities are exploding with growth, but whats it matter anyway in 30 years Augusta, Columbus, Macon, and Chattanoga will all be part of Metro Atlanta.

Right, most of western Richmond county doesnt have any available land left to build on. It is upper middle class inner bedroom communities that butt right up to the very suburban Columbia County, (which is growing at a nice pace.) Southern Richmond county is growing but it is basically Augustas working class area and growth is much slower. The areas Id expect to be losing population are the inner suburbs which have become more dangerous to live in over the past decade or so. A friend of mine left his relatively nice condo/apartment complex on Berkman rd. a few years ago because gunshots, rapings and thefts were becoming all too common. He made the move that many Augustans are doing...into Columbia County. A number are moving into Aiken county as well.

This is very true i was shocked when i saw it on their also i know in the 2000 census Augustas population was just shy of 200,000 and i'm looking at the numbers on wikipiedia and its saying that in 6 years the city has lost over 10,000 residents. I just don't see that from my trips to Augusta the city is booming there is new retail and residential developments popping up everywhere. I guess it's really just people moving out of the central city and into the suburbs as is the case in Macon. Macon is also booming with growth in the development area, but declining in population numbers while surrounding communities are exploding with growth, but whats it matter anyway in 30 years Augusta, Columbus, Macon, and Chattanoga will all be part of Metro Atlanta.

Augusta is already mostly built out. I dont think ppl realize how big richmond county is. Most ppl when they come to augusta only will see west augusta or downtown aug. There's nothing big in south augusta or east to draw ppl to that side.The augusta mall in the central city wasn't a boom in retail we just got.These stores in ga are only in atl and chop house isnt in atl. In 2008 2009 there will be alot of construction in the heart of downtown. Construction on the whites building (retail/residential), library, tee center, judicial center, and condos will all be going on in 2008 and 2009. Augusta can only build up not out except for suburbs and south richmond county. Come back next year and see, trust me you will be shock. Especially when driving down I-20 or 520. St. sebastian is a transportation project that will be in the central city that will allow residents to get to the medical center downtown. Augusta population grew this year and macon probably still is losing.Thats what im saying more ppl who would have lived in the suburbs will be living downtown in the condos, or whites building. Thats alot of ppl just for two developments.

What transportaion project downtown or on the edge does columbus, macon, and savannah have since you want central city. Augusta has st. sebastian a new pkwy that connects to the medical center. Also riverwatch is being construted on. Pkwys or interstates usually bring retail and development which you wanted.

What new retail did the other 2nd tier cities get this yr in the central city not suburbs. Since augusta according to you didn't get any in the central city.

You mean you came to augusta and didn't see any new retail this yr.

Augusta mall in the central city

Ann Taylor

Ann Taylor Loft

Banana Republic

Coldwater Creek

Chico's

Dick's Sporting Goods (already open)

J.Jill

Jared's Fine Jewelry

McAllister's Deli

Skechers

Walking Company

Williams-Sonoma

White House/Black Market

Hollister

Aldo

Barnes and Noble

Buckle

PF Chang China Bistro

The Chop House

You can't put augusta in the same boat with macon, savannah when it comes to flight. Laney walker area, harrisburg, and other neighboorhoods in east augusta or historic areas are or will be develop. The city will spend almost a million a yr to redevlop this areas, laney walker is building new homes now. White flight starts the suburbs, then ususally other upper middle class or wealthy families of any race go next. Flight hurts every city until they redevlop and add condos, townhomes, or other middle class or upper middle class residential areas. But upper middle class flight of any race doesn't affect every city the same its diffrent.

Since white flight is more common than any other race.

Central city demographics

Macon 35.46% White,

Columbus 50.42% White

Savannah 38.86% White

Augusta 44.91% white

South richmond county has 2 towns that are seperate from augusta.

Hephzibah 71.37% White

Blythe 81.62% White

So augusta and columbus have done the best job at keeping the flight that's the most common under control.

But here is the adavantage augusta has a larger metro than all 2nd tier cities. Developers who want to build in downtown or the central city look at MSA or CSA populations not just the city. Augusta has the most tallest buildings of the 2nd tier cities and were going up in 2008.

So the first city to get a major skyline with skyscrapers will be augusta.

Savannah doesn't want skyscrapers

macon has the 2nd best shot but has 100,000 ppl than augusta in the central city

columbus has no skyline so it can't be considered

No that's the amount of retail in each metro. Check out the census website for yourself. I had already given the amount of population growth in another thread and those are not the same numbers. This was taken from the 2005 Msa Business section from the line marked retail trade.

This also falls in line with what I said a few months ago when I said that population is the real determing factor of growth. If a metro is the twice the size of population than another metro, it's only natural that it would have twice the amoun of retail.

More information form the census webiste. This includes the number of lodging and restuarant establishments in each second tier metro.

Augusta = 1,287

Savannah = 1,161

Columbus = 705

Macon = 580

This includes the amount of Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation Establishments in each second tier metro

Augusta = 1,076

Savannah = 900

Columbus = 484

Macon = 413

Ths includes the total amount of business in each metro (health, retail, wholesale, arts, lodging, restaurants etc.)

Augusta = 40,873

Savannah = 28,733

Columbus = 22,017

Macon= 19,774

The follwing is the ranking of who had the most development or new business from the previous year 2004.

Augusta = 2,152 new businesses

Savannah = 1,734 new businesses

Columbus =1,575 new businesses

Macon = 1,051 new businesses

Populaton: (includes number of new people) ---------------------------------------- Development:

1. Savannah = 6557 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Augusta = 2152

2. Columbus = 6352 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 2. Savannah = 1734

3. Augusta = 5394 -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 3. Columbus = 1574

4. Macon = 1357 -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 4. Macon = 1051

Now I have done the research you asked for and it shows where Macon stands in terms of growth.

Well of course it shows more development than macon because these stats were for 04 & 05 this new huge developement that going on now in Macon just start in sept 2006 -07 so this would not have include the millions of development going now because stat was taken before these projects where proposed and started construction....... I knew something did n't seem right.....

No that's the amount of retail in each metro. Check out the census website for yourself. I had already given the amount of population growth in another thread and those are not the same numbers. This was taken from the 2005 Msa Business section from the line marked retail trade.

This also falls in line with what I said a few months ago when I said that population is the real determing factor of growth. If a metro is the twice the size of population than another metro, it's only natural that it would have twice the amoun of retail.

More information form the census webiste. This includes the number of lodging and restuarant establishments in each second tier metro.

Augusta = 1,287

Savannah = 1,161

Columbus = 705

Macon = 580

This includes the amount of Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation Establishments in each second tier metro

Augusta = 1,076

Savannah = 900

Columbus = 484

Macon = 413

Ths includes the total amount of business in each metro (health, retail, wholesale, arts, lodging, restaurants etc.)

Augusta = 40,873

Savannah = 28,733

Columbus = 22,017

Macon= 19,774

The follwing is the ranking of who had the most development or new business from the previous year 2004.

Well of course it shows more development than macon because these stats were for 04 & 05 this new huge developement that going on now in Macon just start in sept 2006 -07 so this would not have include the millions of development going now because stat was taken before these projects where proposed and started construction....... I knew something did n't seem right.....

Augusta = 1,287

Savannah = 1,161

Columbus = 705

Macon = 580

Augusta = 1,076

Savannah = 900

Columbus = 484

Macon = 413

Augusta = 40,873

Savannah = 28,733

Columbus = 22,017

Macon= 19,774

Augusta is already mostly built out. I dont think ppl realize how big richmond county is. Most ppl when they come to augusta only will see west augusta or downtown aug. There's nothing big in south augusta or east to draw ppl to that side.The augusta mall in the central city wasn't a boom in retail we just got.These stores in ga are only in atl and chop house isnt in atl. In 2008 2009 there will be alot of construction in the heart of downtown. Construction on the whites building (retail/residential), library, tee center, judicial center, and condos will all be going on in 2008 and 2009. Augusta can only build up not out except for suburbs and south richmond county. Come back next year and see, trust me you will be shock. Especially when driving down I-20 or 520. St. sebastian is a transportation project that will be in the central city that will allow residents to get to the medical center downtown. Augusta population grew this year and macon probably still is losing.Thats what im saying more ppl who would have lived in the suburbs will be living downtown in the condos, or whites building. Thats alot of ppl just for two developments.

What transportaion project downtown or on the edge does columbus, macon, and savannah have since you want central city. Augusta has st. sebastian a new pkwy that connects to the medical center. Also riverwatch is being construted on. Pkwys or interstates usually bring retail and development which you wanted.

What new retail did the other 2nd tier cities get this yr in the central city not suburbs. Since augusta according to you didn't get any in the central city.

Ann Taylor

Ann Taylor Loft

Banana Republic

Coldwater Creek

Chico's

J.Jill

Jared's Fine Jewelry

McAllister's Deli

Skechers

Walking Company

Williams-Sonoma

White House/Black Market

Hollister

Aldo

Barnes and Noble

Buckle

PF Chang China Bistro

The Chop House

Oh boy lets not talk about development, because right now Macon has 6 huge lifestyle centers all over 650.000 sq ft under construction and a new open air Mall which is 850,000 sq ft bringing Macon a second Dillards and Belks locations..opens march 2008 the New Mall will include most of all the store you mention above and more, macon will be getting a 2nd Dicks, Oliver garderns, circuits city llocation and a bone fish, also the developers want to build a power center for the mall across the street..... Also Macon has a Town like development called providence at town center which is like atlantic station which will included Hotels, retail and office complexes..... right now as i previously mention Macon has over 3-4 million sq ft of retail development just in North Macon and over 2 million in south macon not including residential and etc.... Roads are being converted into major intersection and highways becasue of so much development and heavy traffic in these areas.. Also Macon down town has two 2 high rise condos proposed, plans to build a new judical center/court house, and a Convention center Marriott just broke ground downtown .... and also the Medical center's new cardic center is under construction now which is a high rise development down town.... It's looks like augusta isn't the only city moving up..... Oh course augusta is swole with pop because it is combine with the county and Bibb county is 80% developed and is growing into monroe county. so augusta-richmond it not the only county/city almost entirely developed...... and W.Robins & Byron is fastly aproaching Macon which will soon connect in South Macon.....

Oh boy lets not talk about development, because right now Macon has 6 huge lifestyle centers all over 650.000 sq ft under construction and a new open air Mall which is 850,000 sq ft bringing Macon a second Dillards and Belks locations..opens march 2008 the New Mall will include most of all the store you mention above and more, macon will be getting a 2nd Dicks, Oliver garderns, circuits city llocation and a bone fish, also the developers want to build a power center for the mall across the street..... Also Macon has a Town like development called providence at town center which is like atlantic station which will included Hotels, retail and office complexes..... right now as i previously mention Macon has over 3-4 million sq ft of retail development just in North Macon and over 2 million in south macon not including residential and etc.... Roads are being converted into major intersection and highways becasue of so much development and heavy traffic in these areas.. Also Macon down town has two 2 high rise condos proposed, plans to build a new judical center/court house, and a Convention center Marriott just broke ground downtown .... and also the Medical center's new cardic center is under construction now which is a high rise development down town.... It's looks like augusta isn't the only city moving up..... Oh course augusta is swole with pop because it is combine with the county and Bibb county is 80% developed and is growing into monroe county. so augusta-richmond it not the only county/city almost entirely developed...... and W.Robins & Byron is fastly aproaching Macon which will soon connect in South Macon.....

Im sure every 2nd tier city is getting similar developments condos, lifestyle centers, judicial center or convention center. But what new retail did macon, savannah, or columbus get in 2007 that augusta didn't. Augusta got new retail in 07 that the other 2nd tier cities didn't get. Augusta is building lifetyle centers and a new mall like macon and im sure columbus and savannah are doing something similar. But what retail does macon, savannah, columbus have to match augusta. I know savannah has a small marc jacobs. Augusta's new retail was hollister, buckle, chop house, and pf changs.

If developers see your city getting growing trust me new retail no presently there will follow. All major cities should have these stores. If augusta got these stores first why wouldn't it be the first to have neimans and marcus, saks, or bloomies. Costco another new retailer is coming to augusta in 07 does savannah, macon, or columbus have one

Again augusta has a advantage over the 2nd tier cities in getting new retail besides savannah. Savannah is a tourist town and second in ga in tourist and augusta is third because of the masters. When developers see that our metro is 150,000 more than the second closes city. Costco, and pf changs and others who have came in 07 see that augusta has the most affluent besides atl in ga to handle these stores.. Augusta will be the first metro to reach a million bc it has a huge headatart start.

and a new open air Mall which is 850,000 sq ft bringing Macon a second Dillards and Belks locations..opens march 2008 the New Mall will include most of all the store you mention above and more

village at riverwatch in augusta is the same development. With belk coming except dillards pull out and costco took its place. One fashion retail store will occupy the other department store.

your new mall 850,000

Riverwatch mall portion 800,000

The lifestyle center portion will include 90-100 fashion oriented specialty stores and upscale casual sit-down restaurants a state-of-the-art 63,000 sq. ft. theatre.

It will also house a 24,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art Movie Tavern and a 40,000 sq. ft. Xtreme Pizza restaurant

Augusta 927,00 sq. ft new mall

Macon 850,000 sq. ft new mall

Ann Taylor

Ann Taylor Loft

Banana Republic

Coldwater Creek

Chico's

J.Jill

Jared's Fine Jewelry

McAllister's Deli

Skechers

Walking Company

Williams-Sonoma

White House/Black Market

Hollister

Aldo

Barnes and Noble

Buckle

PF Chang China Bistro

The Chop House

In no way did I say Augusta did not get new development in the central city. By central city i meant the actual city limits of the Augusta. On my trips to Augusta I saw alot of construction in the retail and residential sectors which is why I do not see why the numbers in population have declined so much by wikipiedas numbers. The city is certainly growing in developments therefore the only explination i could come up with was that people must be leaving the city limits of Augusta and moving to the surrounding communities, but continuing to work and shop in the city limits of Augusta. That is why developments continue to florish in the city. That is what my statement meant.

In no way did I say Augusta did not get new development in the central city. By central city i meant the actual city limits of the Augusta. On my trips to Augusta I saw alot of construction in the retail and residential sectors which is why I do not see why the numbers in population have declined so much by wikipiedas numbers. The city is certainly growing in developments therefore the only explination i could come up with was that people must be leaving the city limits of Augusta and moving to the surrounding communities, but continuing to work and shop in the city limits of Augusta. That is why developments continue to florish in the city. That is what my statement meant.

You're right a lot of business is still coming to the central city which is what you see. So despite the drop in population, you still had increase in businesses. The population is starting to grow again as south Augusta begins adding new developement and downtown is adding new developments as well. Hopefully we will start to see bigger increases in the city population.

Augusta has done a good job in bringing in new retail to keep the surrounding communities coming to the city.

In order to even pass Columbus in retail, Macon would have to add 2 lifestyle centers or shopping centers with 100 stores each and Columbus would have to add none. And looking at the Columbus forum, they have projects going on as well so I dont expect that to happen. Plus Columbus had the biggest increase of population last year which is going to bring them more retail. In order to catch up with Savannah, they would have to add 5 lifestyle centers with 100 stores each and Savannah would have to add zero. And with Augusta, they would basically have to double the amount of retail they have and hope Augusta adds none, and as someone from Augusta there are new businesses opening every week.

In order to even pass Columbus in retail, Macon would have to add 2 lifestyle centers or shopping centers with 100 stores each and Columbus would have to add none. And looking at the Columbus forum, they have projects going on as well so I dont expect that to happen. Plus Columbus had the biggest increase of population last year which is going to bring them more retail. In order to catch up with Savannah, they would have to add 5 lifestyle centers with 100 stores each and Savannah would have to add zero. And with Augusta, they would basically have to double the amount of retail they have and hope Augusta adds none, and as someone from Augusta there are new businesses opening every week.

Do you read any of the forums on Macon’s retail development I don't think there is another in city in Ga other than Atlanta experiencing retail development like Macon is doing right now... Macon has total of 7 lifestyles centers all under construction right now with over 50 stores and big box retailers and a 800,000 square foot open air mall with over a 100 stores.......This mall is largest development in Macon since the Macon Mall which is the 2nd largest Mall in this state with over 200 stores....

This does not include the smaller development like numerous restaurants and small shopping plaza in these parts of town…or companies building DC and/or operations in Macon like the newly developed Sara Lee, Kohl’s’, Bass pro, MBM/Chick Fil-A and Kellogg DC…….

Larger developments completed or under construction now in North Macon.

• Bass Pro Shops - 600,000 sq. ft.

• Bass Rd. Upscale Retail Shopping Center - 400,000 to 500,000 sq. ft.

• Lullwater Village - 284,000 sq. ft.

• Providence Town Center - 750,000 sq. ft. –(http://www.southeastrebusiness.com/articles/MAY05/feature1.html)

• North Winds Office Complex - 400,000 sq. ft.

• Riverside Dr. Upscale Retail Center - 850,000 to 900,000 sq. ft.

Total New Retail Space: 3-4 million sq. ft. That's more retail space than the Mall of Georgia. That total doesn't include the hotels proposed or the North Winds Office Complex.

Larger developments completed or under construction now in Northwest Macon

• Opus Shoppes of Macon 125,000 sq. ft. of retail once completed, it will bring total retail space of the Zebulon Rd. /I-475 area over the 1 million mark, along with 300 upscale garden apartment units under constructions NOW.

Larger developments completed or under construction now in South Macon

• $500 million mixed-use development in south Bibb County off of Hartley bridge rd.

• Another Lifestyle/"Strip Center" is under construction in South Macon just off of I-75 South on Hartley Bridge Road. (1.1 million sq ft project) It will include 1,700 single family units, two to four story condos, and apartment community, retail, dinning, mid-rise hotels, and office space, as well as a grocery store, restaurants, medical offices and a movie theater, The development will be on both sides of Hartley Bridge Rd. and they have already begun turning dirt.

Larger developments complete or under construction now in Downtown Macon

• An entire city block in the heart of downtown is about to be redeveloped into retail stores, offices and 7 luxury condominiums.

• Along the Riverside, the city's first true mixed-use development, also to be built downtown

• Macon's New Convention Hotel Project, Downtown-www.MarriottMacon.com

• The new Beall's Hill will be a mixed-use, mixed-income pedestrian friendly community. The Beall's Hill project is the largest of its kind in the state outside Atlanta.

• Condos proposed along the Ocmulgee river downtown

1. (One development proposal to build a 40-unit, high-rise building and the other proposal is from developers who plan to build a 10-story building with 32 units condo.)

• Medical Center’s huge state of art Cardiac center 9-10 story high rise DT will be completed sometime on of 2008…

Are you sure Macon mall is the 2nd largest in the state. Do you mean the mall of ga or the macon mall. I seriously doubt macon mall is bigger than augusta mall since its new open-air lifestyle addition.

macon's mall

str0269.jpg

Augusta mall

str0457.jpg

Since starbucks are on every corner in most major cities. This shows who has the most

Augusta

I-20 & Washington, Augusta

DSCN10385.jpg

Augusta Mall, Augusta

DSCN13180.jpg

Augusta Exchange, Augusta

DSCN15236.jpg

Wrightsboro Rd & Capps St, Augusta

DSCN15239.jpg

Washington Rd & Owens Rd, Evans

DSCN13181.jpg

Columbus

S 80 & Veterans Pkwy, Columbus

DSCN11623.jpg

Macon

Palm-Macon Mall, Macon

DSCN15230.jpg

Forsyth Rd & Tucker Rd, Macon

DSCN15231.jpg

I-75 @ Tom Hill Sr Blvd, Macon

DSCN15232.jpg

Presidential Pkwy & B Williamson Dr, Macon

DSCN15234.jpg

Watson Blvd & Carl Vinson Pkwy, Warner Robins

DSCN15233.jpg

Savannah

Bull & Broughton

DSCN6310.jpg

Montgomery Cross Roads

DSCN6308.jpg

Oglethorpe Mall

DSCN10396.jpg

Twelve Oaks SC

DSCN6309.jpg

Hey Do your research man, the only mall in ga larger than Macon Mall is the mall of ga..... Until this year the Macon mall is Anhored by Dillards, Macy, Sears, JC Penney, Belks and Parsianbefore the buy out and 200 specialities stores and the new mall is also will include a Dillards and Belks....

Are you sure Macon mall is the 2nd largest in the state. Do you mean the mall of ga or the macon mall. I seriously doubt macon mall is bigger than augusta mall since its new open-air lifestyle addition.

macon's mall

str0269.jpg

Augusta mall

str0457.jpg

Since starbucks are on every corner in most major cities. This shows who has the most

Augusta

I-20 & Washington, Augusta

DSCN10385.jpg

Augusta Mall, Augusta

DSCN13180.jpg

Augusta Exchange, Augusta

DSCN15236.jpg

Wrightsboro Rd & Capps St, Augusta

DSCN15239.jpg

Washington Rd & Owens Rd, Evans

DSCN13181.jpg

Columbus

S 80 & Veterans Pkwy, Columbus

DSCN11623.jpg

Macon

Palm-Macon Mall, Macon

DSCN15230.jpg

Forsyth Rd & Tucker Rd, Macon

DSCN15231.jpg

I-75 @ Tom Hill Sr Blvd, Macon

DSCN15232.jpg

Presidential Pkwy & B Williamson Dr, Macon

DSCN15234.jpg

Watson Blvd & Carl Vinson Pkwy, Warner Robins

DSCN15233.jpg

Savannah

Bull & Broughton

DSCN6310.jpg

Montgomery Cross Roads

DSCN6308.jpg

Oglethorpe Mall

DSCN10396.jpg

Twelve Oaks SC

DSCN6309.jpg

Hey Do your research man, the only mall in ga larger than Macon Mall is the mall of ga..... Until this year the Macon mall is Anhored by Dillards, Macy, Sears, JC Penney, Belks and Parsianbefore the buy out and 200 specialities stores and the new mall is also will include a Dillards and Belks....

Well for Macon, you forgot the location on bass rd., and new opening DT, Hartley bdge Rd., the on inside the new mall...

No one is disputing that there is a lot of development going on...but there is just as much going on in Augusta. I can't speak for Savannah and Columbus but from what I've read in their forums they have a lot going on too. You don't have to keep posting the projects over and over again, that's what the subforums are for. I've been to all of the subforums and I just don't see any spectacular retail growth that stands out in any metro. BTW, what are the names of all 7 of the lifestyle centers you mentioned...because either you don't know what a lifestyle center is or you are exagerrating because I highly doubt that Macon is getting 7 lifestyle centers. I have been to the forum and have yet to see 7 listed.

Let me count them for YOU…

1. Hartley Stations (Macon's 7th New Lifestyle Center)

2. Marketplace at Bass

3. Opus Shoppes of Macon

4. Lull water Village

5. Lull water at bass

6. Providence Town Center

7. North Winds

Including an 850,000 sq. ft Upscale open air Mall …..

I decided to list them because is clear and evidently you didn’t read all the forums because if you had this question would not have even arisen… The reason you don’t see nothing spectacular is because you wasn’t AWARE it was happening….

I doubt that every 2nd tier city has as much development going as Macon right now not to say it want happen but at this present time I can’t see it and I really do my research with out exaggerations because it’s doesn’t make it happen…. But for Macon, it’s what happening……

The Perimeter Mall and the Lenox Mall are bigger than the Macon Mall. There are probably more.

Archived