Olympia Mill Village Updates

emerging.me

Not really. Think in terms of college students. For perspective, it cost me the equivalent of $620/mo to stay on campus at USC. So, $700/mo is not bad rent. So $1400/mo for a 2-bedroom is not a bad deal if you have two people to split the rent. Is it pricey? Yes. But unreasonable? No.

I'm with waccamatt and Bry on this one. That place is way to pricey. Buuuuut, I bet they fill the place up.

As much as I hate to admit it, they're pricing for the changing demographic at USC.

Every new complex that has been built has been progressively more and more expensive (not to mention larger), but they always fill up (i.e., Sterling Oaks, Woodlands, Copper Beech) because the average income of students' parents continues to rise, and students demand to not sacrifice luxuries.

• 3 months later...

So how's Assembly Station looking these days?

I'm actually a bit disappointed with the Vinyl siding...it makes it look cheap. Of course, the faux-stucco on Adesso (which is already starting to crease in some places) doesn't look much better, so perhaps I had set my expectations a bit too high.

They have a bunch of recent pictures up on their website:

http://www.iaspyre.com/photos

If I'm not mistaken it's not vinyl but hardy plank. Never be disappointed by the use of hardy plank. I'll drive by and let y'all know. If it's not vinyl I'm very pleased with the look. My partner has just chimed in. It's not vinyl. It's hardy plank. Great stuff. It's a form of wood that's more durable than plank wood. It's almost as expensive as brick.