Best Football Stadium in the ACC

afh

What is the best football stadium in the ACC?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best football stadium in the ACC?

• Memorial Stadium (Clemson)
    • Bobby Dodd Stadium/Grant Field (Georgia Tech)
    • Kenan Stadium (North Carolina)
    • Doak Campbell Stadium (Florida State)
    • Scott Stadium (Virginia)
    • Wallace Wade Stadium (Duke)
    • Byrd Stadium (Maryland)
    • Carter-Finley Stadium (N.C. State)
    • Groves Stadium (Wake Forest)
    • Orange Bowl (Miami)
    • Lane Stadium (Virginia Tech)
    • Alumni Stadium (Boston College)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it will be a complete bowl except for the hill itself.

It's been an interesting project to watch, because the North and South Stands (the main stands) are at slightly different angles. It's taken some good engineering to come up with a design to bowl the West end.

There will be about 4,000 new seats in the corners, and a couple of thousand club seats up top. They had to remove over 2,000 of the existing seats, however, to make the new design work.

• 1 month later...

ACCording to the photos above Duke and Wake better get with the program.

Duke would be wasting its money... I went to the Clemson vs Duke game last year (quite an ugly outcome, unfortunately)- and the stadium was absolutely packed on the Clemson side in this massive sea of Orange!!! and then myself and other Tiger fans on the Duke side, because that's the only place that tickets were available, were among VERY FEW Duke fans and a lot of empty seats... It felt like a high school game because of the lack of atmostphere on the side where i was sitting and the stadium overall...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's between UNC and NCSU for me. The two are pretty similar, but UNC's is on campus. Whose brilliant idea was it to have NCSU's miles away from anything...

I haven't been to all of the stadiums, but UVa and UNC's are the best from what I know about all of the stadiums in that they are integrated into their respective campus so that the students can walk to them...and, stumble home inebriated...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lane Stadium is at Tech, isn't it?

aerial.jpg

Ya, tech got left off the list. This pic is a tad dated. The South end zone(bottom of pic) has been completely built up, and the west side of the stadium(on the lower left) has been completely renovated since this one. But best one I could find.

Go Hokies!

• 2 weeks later...

Clemson's Memorial Stadium's West End Zone expansion is continuing at full steam. The cranes are now gone and the work continues on interior stuff and whatnot. The project looks great. This next football season is going to be INTENSE in Death Valley. The atmosphere is going to be louder and more intimidating- just when you thought it couldn't get any louder. NOPE! So, Bring it on ACC & South Carolina, the toughest place to play just got tougher!

The atmosphere is going to be louder and more intimidating- just when you thought it couldn't get any louder. NOPE! So, Bring it on ACC & South Carolina, the toughest place to play just got tougher!

From this GT student, we will be there and be ready. Like always. Hopefully, the heartache won't be as bad for y'all as it was the last time we were there. TOUCHDOWN CALVIN JOHNSON!!!!

clem_gatech.jpg

See you in Death Valley for another wild one.

From this GT student, we will be there and be ready. Like always. Hopefully, the heartache won't be as bad for y'all as it was the last time we were there. TOUCHDOWN CALVIN JOHNSON!!!!

clem_gatech.jpg

See you in Death Valley for another wild one.

Y'all certainly have "stung" us the last two years. But that's what makes Clemson-GT such a great ACC rivalry.

1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4, C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-Rrr-S, Fight Tigers, Fight Tigers, Fight, Fight, FIGHT!

• 2 months later...

Archived